Many third parties make accessory bands for Apple Watch and sell them at affordable prices. These third-party bands emerged from the consumers' desire for more.
Yes, Apple has a variety of bands you can choose from. However, there are still some Apple Watch users that prefer a different kind of style or design. Most third-party bands are sold through eBay or Amazon.
WHY DO PEOPLE BUY THIRD-PARTY APPLE WATCH BANDS?
Admit it or not, the thing about Apple Watch bands is that they are expensive. There are also times that it doesn't match your ever-changing fashion style.
Here are some reasons why some people prefer to purchase third-party Apple Watch bands.
Affordability. Some genuine Apple Watch bands are just as expensive as the watch itself. Third-party developers create bands similar to what you can see in the Apple Watch store. But the cost is significantly lesser compared to the bands sold by Apple.
- Style and design. The material used in third parties bands has a wide variety of options. There are silicone, leather, nylon, and stainless steel. You can choose which material you want to use for your preferred day style. You may also pick out which one to use for a specific occasion.
- Color. If you look at the choices of bands at the Apple Store, you'll notice that they only have single-colored bands. Third parties, however, have straps with more than one color. For example, the mosaic strap that goes with any color of dress or clothes you wear.
But here are some third-party Apple Watch band you can buy from Amazon
APPLE WATCH BANDS VS THIRD-PARTY BANDS
- Quality. Third-party bands, despite looking identical, have a different rate than the real thing. Naturally, you can be assured that the items you buy from Apple are made of top-notch materials. Apple Watch bands are no different. Yes, it may cost you several dollars, but you can tell that it's worth the price.
- Material. While third parties use more variety of materials used for their bands, you could feel the difference from the Apple-made bands. For example, third-party sports bands are usually silicone, while genuine Apple Watch sports bands are made of fluoroelastomer. Fluoroelastomer is similar to silicone but more resistant to heat, oils, and moisture. Silicone, on the other hand, is not as resilient as the material above.
- Durability. Since Apple Watch bands are made of top-quality materials, you can be assured that it's durable. Third-party bands, however, will show signs of wear and tear after only two to three months of use. As such, Apple Watch bands will last longer than third-party bands.
ARE THIRD-PARTY BANDS SAFE TO USE?
As mentioned above, third-party bands will show signs of wear and tear after brief use. You will notice that the outer layer of the band will begin to rub off.
Some bands will also have their ends slowly coming apart after a few months of use. This will make you feel uncomfortable when using such bands.
So, are third-party bands safe to use? Should you use third-party bands? Weighing the difference between third-party and Apple-made bands, you can tell the answer is "no." Why?
- Size. Bands made by third parties may not fit you properly. The third-party band you're purchasing may not fit your specific wearable. You should assume that it will only fit your watch if the maker says it's compatible with Apple Watch.
- Interference. According to Apple, third-party bands may interfere with the Apple Watch wrist detection feature. They may also interfere with Compass on Apple Watch Series 5, Apple Watch S.E., and Apple Watch Series 6.
- Skin problems. Some third parties use low-quality materials to create their bands. This may explain why these bands are cheaper than the Apple Watch bands. However, this also means that the bands may contain materials that cause skin sensitivities or other health problems.
Third-party accessory bands may also damage the Apple Watch. If you want the best results, you should use only Apple-branded or Apple-authorized bands.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF AN APPLE WATCH BAND IS REAL?
Apple watch bands are the most popular accessories for Apple watches. Various brands make them with different styles, colors, and patterns.
There are many ways to determine whether an Apple watch band is real or fake. One way is to check for the "genuine" sign on the back of the band. If there is no sign, it is likely a fake. Another way to tell if it's real or fake is to check for spelling errors on the packaging and in the instruction manual. If there are spelling errors, it's likely a fake because Apple products would not have such errors.
Here are the other reasons to tell if the Apple Watch band is not authentic:
-The easiest way to tell whether an Apple Watch band is fake is by checking the price. If you see a band that costs $5-10, it's likely not authentic.
-Another way to tell if an Apple Watch band is fake is by looking at the packaging. If the packaging has Chinese writing, it's likely not authentic.
-If the seller has a lot of feedback and reviews, then it's likely that they sell authentic products, and you should feel safe to purchase from them.
WHAT IS THE BEST APPLE WATCH BAND YOU CAN BUY TODAY?
The following are some of the best Apple Watch bands you can purchase today:
- NYLON SPORT LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Lightweight and breathable, with more than 500 threads of 100% durable nylon intertwined together, this carefully woven Nylon Sport Loop for your Apple Watch is impervious to both tears and abrasions. Perfect for anyone on the go, whether that be on your morning run or a 12-hour shift on the E.R. floor.
- DUAL COLOR SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build-up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
- LEATHER LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Manufactured with the finest leather materials and finished with explicit attention to detail, this is the ideal leather loop replacement for your Apple Watch. Its unique design comes with a strong and effective magnetic clasp that is quick and easy to fasten in place and convenient to adjust accordingly.
- MILANESE STAINLESS STEEL BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Easily secure your size. This band is supplied with a unique, strong magnetic closing mechanism that makes it infinitely adjustable, ensuring a perfect fit.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.