Believe it or not, a smartwatch is very important for construction engineers, surveyors and builders. This is because active construction workers should go phoneless.
If you are a construction worker, you should get yourself well equipped with the best rugged smartwatch on the market. Why? A heavy duty smartwatch is seamlessly portable without notice and creates little distraction.
Construction workers will no longer need to use their phones for snapping pictures, track activities, play music when working, among others. With a smartwatch, they can do those things and more. This includes issuing weather alerts, recording GPS coordinates, tracking heart rate and stress, making calls and receiving texts at the job site.
Why Do Construction Workers Use Smartwatches?
There are several reasons why a construction worker should have an Apple Watch.
- Avoid accidents on construction sites. If you are a construction worker, you will surely need to have an Apple Watch. The most significant reason why is to avoid deadly and catastrophic accidents on construction sites.
Your Apple Watch has an automatic fall detection app. This wearable also has advantages over environmental sensor systems. This includes better mobility, extended spatial coverage, easier installation and use.
You can detect falls with a smartwatch using different pattern classification algorithms.
- Track Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome. You're a heavy duty worker who often uses power tools that cause Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS). The ill-effect will start becoming noticeable after several days of continuous exposure to hand-arm vibrations. As such, you will need to track HAVS.
Monitoring HAVS is costly. The only affordable and available means to track HAVS is through the use of a smartwatch.
- Fatigue management. According to a report from American Insomnia Survey, around 7.2 percent of workplace incidents in the United States are caused by fatigue due to sleeplessness. Unfortunately, this is common in the construction industry.
You can improve safety in construction sites through a smartwatch. Your Apple Watch can help predict danger and prevent construction workers like you from entering hazardous zones. You can also use your smartwatch for efficient fatigue management.
- Reduce workplace injury. Smartwatches can assist in the reduction of workplace injury by monitoring physical activity. These wearables can also predict workplace falls and measure body vibration to some extent.
Best Apple Watch Bands for Construction Workers
Heavy duty construction workers prefer to have the best tactical wearable that will make them do things in a timely manner. You have the perfect smartwatch device. What you need now is the right Apple Watch band.
Here are some of the best bands construction workers like you can use together with your Apple Watch.
- Rhino Band. The number one best Apple Watch band designed with construction workers in mind. This rugged band can turn your valuable Apple Watch into a fortified asset that won't get in your way.
- Carterjett tire tread band. There are a lot of silicone Apple Watch bands in the market. However, they are not as thick as this band which also features a textured design. The Carterjett band has a tire-tread silicone which makes it the perfect for people who need durability in a band.
- Nike Sport Band. This band features durable synthetic rubber. It has the toughness and the simple design of the normal Sport Band. However, the Nike Sport Band has compression-molded perforations or holes which brings long-term comfort. This is because those holes enable your skin to breathe under the strap.
- Salty USA nylon watch band. Do you want a classic and simple smartwatch look? This nylon band is right for you. The woven style of the Salty USA nylon watch band is extremely durable and long-lasting. This band comes in more than 20 colors.
- Apple Sport Band. This band is hard-wearing and has a simple design. Despite its simplicity, the Sport Band remains to be an excellent all-rounder. The Apple Sport Band is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer. This makes the band durable and strong and at the same time surprisingly soft.
The smooth, dense material of this band drapes elegantly across your wrist. This means that the band feels comfortable next to your skin. It also has an innovative pin-and-tuck closure that ensures a clean fit.
- Apple Sport Loop. This is another hard-wearing band that is made from double-layer nylon. The Sport Loop has a clever design on the skin side that uses larger loops for cushioning and breathability.
- Nomad Sport Strap. Tagged as a versatile Apple Watch band option. The Nomad Sport Strap is a silicone watch band designed to be worn while you are active and sweating. This band is made from a material that is both durable and comfortable.
What are the Factors When Choosing a Smartwatch for Construction Workers?
Before you begin to shop for the best smartwatch and watch band for construction workers, there are several things you must take into account.
Remember, your main focus should be placed on your device and band's durability. It is also important that you look out for other brilliant tools and features.
The following are the crucial factors that you should consider when choosing the best smartwatch for construction workers.
- Barometer. This is an important feature that comes in useful. This is because you might land in a new location with different atmospheric pressure. The Barometer feature of your Apple Watch enables you to stay informed on the pressure level that prevails in a certain area at a given time.
- Compass. A compass will provide you accurate direction. This will help you make sure that you stay safe and be able to find your way without any stress.
- Heart Rate Monitor. Take note that it is essential for you to be conversant with your heartbeat. This is to make sure you do not overwork yourself.
- Altimeters. As a construction worker, you will need to know your current height above the sea level. Having a smartwatch that features an altimeter will help give you the exact detail of your height above the sea level.
- Water-resistant. An Apple Watch with waterproof lasts longer. This is even when you need to dive deep underwater. With this feature, you will have no need to worry in cases when you need to dive deep underwater.