You might not be aware of this but in 2020, Apple launched an online band-only return system for the Watch series 6 and Watch SE. This system is targeted to those who purchased the wrong size Solo Loop or Braided Solo Loop.
This online band-only return system came to be when some watch users experienced fitment issues when their bands arrived. Before, if you want to swap your band with a more appropriate size, you would need to send back the entire watch. Not just the band.
According to the Apple policy, this issue is considered as a configure to order purchase. And the wait times usually take weeks or months to complete the full exchange. Due to that issue, Apple now allows customers to exchange bands for proper sizes without having to send everything back.
How to Get the Right Size of Apple Watch Band
When purchasing your Apple Watch, one of the most important things to do is to pick the size of the band that comes with the device. You have to make sure that the band corresponds to the Apple Watch case size.
Having a good fit when you wear your Apple Watch is important. You see, the back of your wearable needs skin contact for you to get better results on certain features. Such as Wrist Detect, Taptic Engine, and the electrical and optical heart sensors.
Make sure that you wear your Apple Watch with the right fit. This means that it should not be too tight and not too loose. A band that's too tight can cause skin irritation and if its too loose, it can cause rubbing.
It should also have room for your skin to breathe. This will keep you comfortable and at the same time let the sensors do their jobs. You can tighten your Apple Watch if you're doing your workouts. Just remember to loosen it when you are done.
Here's how you can get the right size of Apple Watch band:
- Determine your wrist size. Generally, the wrist measurement of males is 15 to 19 cm while the females’ wrist measures 14 to 18 cm. If you want to determine the ideal length of your band, you can start by taking the measurement of the circumference of your wrist.
- Take your measurements. You can use a meter of seamstress to measure your wrist. If you don't own one, you can use a string or tape. Put it on a ruler and wrap your wrist loosely. Once you get your measurement, make sure to round it to half a centimeter above.
You can also follow these steps to find the right Apple Watch band size:
- First, download the printable tool. Then print it in full size on A4 paper.
- Next, place your ID or credit card in a designated place to confirm the document size.
- Cut the tool and wrap it tightly around your wrist where you usually wear your watch. You can use tape to hold the wider part in place. You have to make sure that the tool feels snug and doesn't slide up and down.
- Make sure to take note of the number the arrows point to. That's your band size. If the arrows point to a line, you should choose the smaller of the two numbers closest to the line.
What is the Best Apple Watch Band You Can Buy Today?
There are huge varieties of Apple Watch bands available in the market, both from Apple itself as well as third party companies. Because of that, picking a watch band can be overwhelming, especially if you are not familiar with the materials and features on the bands.
Before shopping for one, make sure that the band you are looking for corresponds to the case size of your Apple Watch. Bands for 38mm and 40mm cases work with each other. On the other hand, bands for 42mm and 44mm cases work with each other.
The following are some of the best Apple Watch bands you can purchase in 2021:
- Apple Sport Band. This excellent all-rounder Apple watch band is made of nicer materials that you won't find in knock-offs. This makes wearing the Apple Sport Band comfortable on your wrist. Wearing it won't end you up with odd things happening to your skin after a few hours of wear.
- Apple Sport Loop. The Apple Sport Loop is hard-wearing and comfortable to wear. This band is made from double-layer nylon and comes with a design on the skin side that uses larger loops for cushioning and breathability. It also allows moisture to escape.
- Apple Solo Loop. This one piece, rubberized colored loop stretches over your fingers and snaps onto your wrist. The Apple Solo Loop is made from liquid silicone rubber. It has no clasps, buckles, or overlapping parts, making it ultra comfortable to wear and easy to slip on and off your wrist.
- Apple Nike Sport Band. This band is stylish, simple and won't suffocate your skin. The Apple Nike Sport Band has the toughness and design simplicity of the normal Sport Band. However, it features compression-molded perforations, which are often called holes. The holes in this band enable your skin to breathe under the strap.
- Apple Leather Loop. This band comes with a clever segmented magnetic closure that makes you get the precise and comfortable fit every time. The Apple Leather Loop is made from leather that's hand made in Arzignano, Italy. You can use this band for formal events or for work.
- Apple Braided Solo Loop. What makes this band a good strap for Apple Watch users is the fact that it's made from a stretchable soft silicone material. Moreover, the Apple Braided Solo Loop looks slightly more formal than the other bands and at the same time its sweat and water resistant as well.
If you don't want to miss out on new product announcements, updates and exclusive deals, it's high time you join the spartan army. Subscribe to get special discounts, free giveaways and learn more about Apple Watch.