Can I Exchange My Apple Watch Band?
You might not be aware of this, but in 2020, Apple launched an online band-only return system for the Watch Series 6 and Watch SE. This system targets those who purchased the wrong size Solo Loop or Braided Solo Loop.
Before, if you want to swap your band with a more appropriate size, you must send back the entire watch. Not just the band. This online band-only return system came to be when some watch users experienced fitment issues when their bands arrived.
According to Apple policy, this issue is considered a configure-to-order purchase. And the wait times usually take weeks or months to complete the full exchange. Due to that issue, Apple now allows customers to exchange bands for proper sizes without sending everything back.
WHAT IS APPLE'S POLICY ON RETURNING APPLE WATCH BANDS?
Apple's policy on returning Apple Watch bands is that they can be returned within 14 days of purchase for a full refund.
The return process is as follows:
1) Ensure the customer has the original receipt and packaging.
2) Call Apple customer service at 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753) to request a return authorization.
3) Once you have been authorized, place the watch band in its original packaging and bring it to an Apple Store or other authorized reseller.
HOW TO GET THE RIGHT SIZE OF APPLE WATCH BAND
When purchasing your Apple Watch, one of the most important things is to pick the band size that comes with the device. You must ensure that the band corresponds to the Apple Watch case size.
Having a good fit when you wear your Apple Watch is important. You see, the back of your wearable needs skin contact for you to get better results on specific features. Such as Wrist Detect, Taptic Engine, and electrical and optical heart sensors.
Make sure that you wear your Apple Watch with the right fit. This means that it should be tight enough and tight enough. A band that's too tight can cause skin irritation, and if it's too loose, it can cause rubbing.
It should also have room for your skin to breathe. This will keep you comfortable and, at the same time, let the sensors do their jobs. You can tighten your Apple Watch if you're doing your workouts. Just remember to loosen it when you are done.
Here's how you can get the right size of Apple Watch band:
- Determine your wrist size. If you want to determine the ideal length of your band, you can start by measuring the circumference of your wrist. Generally, the wrist measurement of males is 15 to 19 cm, while the females' wrist measures 14 to 18 cm.
- Take your measurements. You can use a meter from the sewist to measure your wrist. Please put it on a ruler and wrap your wrist loosely. Once you get your measurement, round it to half a centimeter above. You can use a string or tape if you don't own one.
You can also follow these steps to find the right Apple Watch band size:
- First, download the printable tool. Then print it in full size on A4 paper.
- Next, place your ID or credit card in a designated place to confirm the document size.
- Cut the tool and wrap it around your wrist where you usually wear your watch. You must ensure the tool feels snug and doesn't slide up and down. You can use tape to hold the broader part in place.
- Make sure to take note of the number the arrows point to. That's your band size. If the arrows indicate a line, you should choose the smaller of the two numbers closest to the line.
CAN I RETURN OPENED APPLE WATCH BAND?
Yes, you can return opened Apple Watch band. However, most retailers will only accept it if the packaging has been opened or the item is in its original condition. If you have not used the band and it is still in its original packaging, you can return it to the retailer for a refund.
If you have worn or used the band, you are eligible for a store credit rather than a refund.
CAN I EXCHANGE MY APPLE WATCH BAND FOR A DIFFERENT COLOR
Apple is one of many companies that offer an exchange program for a different watch band color.
The Apple Watch has been available in different colors and styles since it was first released in 2015. You can even purchase a third-party band to change the look of your watch. But if you want to exchange it for a different color, you might need more time.
The Apple Watch has a proprietary strap design, making it difficult to swap out bands easily. And while third-party companies offer replacement straps in various colors, they are often more expensive than their Apple counterparts and may not fit your device as well.
WHAT IS THE BEST APPLE WATCH BAND YOU CAN BUY TODAY?
Various Apple Watch bands are available in the market, both from Apple itself and third-party companies. Because of that, you are picking a watch band can be overwhelming, especially if you need to become more familiar with the materials and features of the bands.
Bands for 38mm and 40mm cases work with each other. On the other hand, bands for 42mm and 44mm cases work together. Before shopping for one, make sure that the band you are looking for corresponds to the case size of your Apple Watch.
The following are some of the best Apple Watch bands you can purchase today:
- NYLON SPORT LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Lightweight and breathable, with more than 500 threads of 100% durable nylon intertwined together, this carefully woven Nylon Sport Loop for your Apple Watch is impervious to both tears and abrasions. Perfect for anyone on the go, whether that be on your morning run or a 12-hour shift on the E.R. floor.
- DUAL COLOR SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build-up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
- LEATHER LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Manufactured with the finest leather materials and finished with explicit attention to detail, this is the ideal leather loop replacement for your Apple Watch. Its unique design comes with a strong and effective magnetic clasp that is quick and easy to fasten in place and convenient to adjust accordingly.
- MILANESE STAINLESS STEEL BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Easily secure your size. This band is supplied with a unique, strong magnetic closing mechanism that makes it infinitely adjustable, ensuring a perfect fit.
- Apple Braided Solo Loop - This band is a good strap for Apple Watch users because it's made from a stretchable soft silicone material. Moreover, the Apple Braided Solo Loop looks slightly more formal than the other bands, and at the same time, its sweat and water-resistant as well.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.
Leave a comment