Do you want the best partner on your journey to get in shape? Or when you just want to get things done? The Apple Watch is perfect for you.
The Apple Watch has changed what people perceive about watches. Wrist watches are no longer solely meant as a timepiece or a fashion accessory. It has become something that is used and depended upon throughout the day for various activities and tasks.
Whether you should get an Apple Watch or not depends on your lifestyle and the features that are most important to you.
Do you want to spend less time on your iPhone and more time out and about? Is the idea of fitness tracking appeal to you? Do you want to be able to glance at a call or message without pulling out your phone from your bag?
The following are the reasons why the Apple Watch is the perfect device for you:
- Focus. It has become much harder to focus when you are working from home, especially with the current threat brought by the pandemic. Apart from the various distractions you can see around you, the constant stream of notifications make it hard to get anything done.
The Apple Watch is a great way to filter those notifications. For one, you are a lot less likely to look at your Apple Watch and get distracted, unlike the iPhone.
While you can also turn on the "do not disturb" feature on your Mac, you will still get your most important notifications on your smartwatch. This makes it easier to focus without constant distractions.
- Get in shape. If you want to achieve your fitness goal, the Apple Watch is a great way to help measure your progress and keep you accountable. Your wearable is also a great device to motivate you to reach your desired objective. The integration between the Watch and Apple's Fitness+ is really good too.
- Stay connected. Yes, you are trying to focus but this doesn't mean you don't want to be connected. After all, there are still people you want to be sure are able to reach you. The Apple Watch makes that easy, without the distraction of using your iPhone.
Additionally, Apple has the Family Setup feature which makes it possible to link multiple Apple Watches to one iPhone. This makes the wearable a great way to keep connected with family members who don't have an iPhone.
- Siri reminders. Apple Watch has this integration between Siri and the Reminders app feature. Through this, you can simply ask Siri to remind you of something you need to do for the day.
- Timers. Setting timers using your Apple Watch is useful especially if you have decided to be more productive with your schedule or routine. If you are working on a project, or writing, you can use Siri to set a timer on your Apple Watch.
- Track your sleep. Are you not getting enough sleep? Are you not sleeping as well as you should? It is easy to ignore these kinds of bad sleeping habits until you are staring at your sleep habits in an app.
Your Apple Watch also has a silent alarm. Wherein your Apple Watch will tap your wrist when it's time to wake up. It works really well, especially if you're an early riser and you don't want to disturb anyone else.
Does Your Apple Watch Stretch?
With the aforementioned uses of your Apple Watch, it is obvious how important that you pick the perfect band to go with the device. When you are shopping for your watch band, apart from narrowing down your options, you should also consider the size of the band you need.
You should keep in mind that not all Apple Watch bands are available in every size. Additionally, not all bands are available with every model. Take the classic buckle for example. This band only goes as small as 125 mm. It is also the only band that goes as large as 215 mm.
There are bands that are available with only some casing sizes. For example, the Modern Buckle, which is compatible only with 38 mm casings. The Leather Loop, on the other hand, is compatible only with 42 mm models.
If you are wondering if there are Apple Watch bands that stretch out, the answer is yes. The following are the Apple Watch bands that are stretchable.
- Apple Solo Loop. This all in one stretch loop strap is the first official watch band that's one piece. This rubberized colored loop stretches over your fingers and snaps onto your wrist.
The Apple Solo Loop is made from liquid silicone rubber. It features a unique, stretchable design with no clasps, buckles, or overlapping parts. This makes the band ultra comfortable to wear and easy to slip on and off your wrist.
Additionally, each band is specially treated with UV to give the band a silky, smooth finish. The Apple Solo Loop is also swim-proof and sweatproof.
- Apple Braided Solo Loop. This watch band is made from a stretchable soft silicone material that's threaded to feel soft. The advantage of this strap is that it looks slightly more formal than other bands.
The unique, stretchable design of the Apple Braided Solo Loop makes it ultra comfortable and easy to slip on and off your wrist. This band is both sweat and water resistant.
- Schijzwd Nylon Elastic Solo Loop Watch Strap. This band has a stretchy design so you can easily slip the band around your wrist within seconds. That means you will need to pick out the right size for you. However, the convenience factor lends itself ideally to this fast fashion style way of doing things.
If you want to get the right band size, the first thing you should do is measure your wrist. You can use a cloth tape measure or a string measured with a standard ruler. If your wrist measures seven inches in circumference, you may want to avoid the 38 mm case for all models except the Link Bracelet, Classic Buckle, and Sport Band.