When you are shopping for the perfect band for your Apple Watch, you might be thinking that all of the 38mm Apple Watch bands or all of the 42mm Apple Watch bands weighed the same. However, this is not the case for all types of watch bands.
An example are the Apple Watch Sport bands. The color of the band actually makes the weight of the strap vary from the other colors. For the 38mm Apple Watch Sport Band, here are their weights based on the color:
- White Sport band: 47 grams
- Blue Sport band: 44 grams
- Green Sport band: 43 grams
- Pink Sport band: 42 grams
- Black Sport band: 37 grams
For the 42mm Apple Watch Sport Band, here are their weights based on the color:
- White Sport band: 51 grams
- Blue Sport band: 48 grams
- Green Sport band: 48 grams
- Pink Sport band: 46 grams
- Black Sport band: 40 grams
You will notice that there is about 4 grams difference between the 38mm and 42mm bands. Some also showed a 3-gram difference. Regardless, when it comes to Apple Watch Sport bands, color has weight.
Which Apple Watch Band is the Heaviest and Which One is the Lightest?
The heaviest Apple Watch band, on the other hand, is the Stainless Steel link which weighs 65 grams (38mm) and 75 grams (42mm).
Meanwhile, in the Apple Watch family, you can't get a 38mm leather loop, or a 42mm modern buckle. And in the Apple Watch Edition family, there is no 38mm classic buckle and no 42mm modern buckle.
What are the Best Bands for Your Apple Watch?
Apple Watches come with impressive features which makes it a portable iPhone device on our wrist and at the same time a fitness tracker. Are you looking to make your Apple Watch match for any outfit or occasion? There are several Apple Watch band options that you can choose from.
However, before you purchase your preferred Apple Watch band, you need to make sure that you are buying the right size. Once you've figured out your sizing, you have to determine what design you want and how much you want to spend. Some bands are quite understated. There are also others that are extravagant and glitzy.
The following are some of the best bands you can use together with your Apple Watch.
- Apple Sport Band. This excellent all-rounder is made of nicer materials than the knock-offs you will find on certain auction sites. That means you are not going to end up with odd things happening to your skin after a few hours of wear.
The Apple Sport Band is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer. This band is durable and strong, yet surprisingly soft. The smooth, dense material of this strap drapes elegantly across your wrist and feels comfortable next to your skin. The sport band has an innovative pin-and-tuck closure which ensures a clean fit.
- Apple Sport Loop. This band can be really hard-wearing and comfortable. It is soft, breathable, and lightweight, and features a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment.
The Apple Sport Loop is made from double-layer nylon. It has a clever design on the skin side that uses larger loops for cushioning and breathability. On the reverse side of this band, the attachment loops are securely anchored for superior durability.
- Apple Solo Loop. The Apple Solo Loop is made from liquid silicone rubber. The strap features a unique, stretchable design with no clasps, buckles, or overlapping parts. It is ultra comfortable to wear and easy to slip on and off your wrist.
This rubberized colored loop stretches over your fingers and snaps onto your wrist. Each band is specially treated with UV to give the band a silky, smooth finish. The Apple Solo Loop is also swim-proof and sweatproof. This means it can go just about anywhere you want to wear it.
- Apple Leather Loop. The Venezia leather for this band is handcrafted in Arzignano, Italy. It has a clever segmented magnetic closure. This means you can get a precise and comfortable fit every time.
The Apple Leather Loop is the band to buy if you like wearing your Apple Watch to formal events. You can also wear it to work or if you feel that a standard rubber one isn't quite the right look.
- Apple Braided Solo Loop. This band was released alongside the rubber Solo Loop. The Apple Braided Solo Loop is made from a stretchable soft silicone material that's threaded to feel soft. This strap looks slightly more formal that the other bands. It is sweat and water resistant.
Each Braided Solo Loop band features a unique, stretchable design. This makes the band ultra comfortable and easy to slip on and off your wrist. It is created by weaving 16,000 recycled polyester yarn filaments around ultra thin silicone threads.
- Apple Modern Buckle. This modern buckle is genuinely beautiful and so much cheaper. The smooth top-grain leather is lightly milled and tumbled to maintain its refined texture. This band is a smooth leather with a large rectangular buckle that echoes the shape of the watch itself.
The Modern Buckle has an inner layer of Vectran weave for strength and stretch resistance. It's the same material NASA used to make the landing airbags for the Mars rover spacecraft.
- Apple Milanese Loop. This band has an iconic look which makes it the most sought-after Apple Watch band. Woven on specialized Italian machines, the smooth stainless steel mesh of this band wraps fluidly around your wrist. This band is fully magnetic. This makes it infinitely adjustable, ensuring a perfect fit.
- Apple Link Bracelet Band. This strap is crafted from the same 316L stainless steel alloy as the case. The Link Bracelet band has more than 100 components. This possesses a sophisticated sheen that the other bands don't.
The Link Bracelet Band has the custom butterfly closure that folds neatly within the bracelet. And several links feature a simple release button, so you can add and remove links without any special tools.