Do you want an iPhone and you want a smartwatch? There's really no reason for you to choose anything but an Apple Watch. This smartwatch is the best way for you to keep up with notifications, track fitness, and get directions. You can even use apps without having to constantly reach for your iPhone.
Still wondering whether you should buy an Apple Watch in 2021? Whether you should get an Apple Watch or not depends on how compelling any of the main features are for your lifestyle.
- Extra motivation to get moving. You should buy an Apple Watch if you think you need extra motivation to get moving. You will find that Apple Watch has an app that tracks your movement and sends reminders. It is through both the on-screen display and haptic pulses, to get standing, walking, and exercising.
- Looking for a new way to be organized. Some people think that the Apple Watch is intended to liberate iPhone users from their mobile phones. That's because the Apple Watch is a convenient device. With just a few clicks on this smartwatch, you could eliminate some of the emailing, texting, and music browsing you normally do on your iPhone.
The Apple Watch also allows you to be slightly less socially awkward since you won't be staring at your phone.
- You are in the industry. You should purchase an Apple Watch if you are in the industry. If you are a member of the Internet of Things (IoT) community, this smartwatch can provide you with insights unique to the Apple Watch. The insights give you guidance to chip and device manufacturers and allow you to work with Apple Watch.
How to Charge Your Apple Watch
Do you want to charge your Apple Watch on your computer? You should make sure that your computer is plugged in. Also it should be powered on when you're using it to charge your Apple Watch via USB.
You see, if your Apple Watch is connected to a computer that's turned off, the Apple Watch battery may drain. The same could be said if your computer is in sleep or standby mode.
Is it bad to leave your Apple Watch on the charger for days? According to Apple, you can charge your Apple Watch whenever you want. However, the tech giant advised that the battery on the Apple Watch cannot be overcharged.
Moreover, there is no need to let the battery discharge to any particular level first. There's also no benefit to be gained from doing so. Keep in mind that charging will stop automatically when the battery of your Apple Watch is fully charged. Charging will start again if and when required due to ongoing battery usage.
You have to make sure to follow Apple's safety and handling instructions. Remember that it is not possible to turn your Apple Watch off while it is on the charger and connected to power. It is also normal for your Apple Watch to become warm when connected to power. The same could be said to the power adapter and charging cable.
Is your Apple Watch's battery low? If you see the low battery icon on the screen of your Apple Watch, it's time to charge the device. Here's how to charge your Apple Watch:
- Make sure that you handle your Apple Watch and accessories safely. Always take off your smartwatch before charging it.
- You should plug the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable or Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock into a USB power adapter.
- Next, plug the adapter into a power outlet. You can also plug the charging cable into a USB port as well.
- Then, position the back of your Apple Watch on the charger. You will find that the charger's magnets align your Apple Watch. And you will see the battery charging icon on your watch face.
- After that, give your Apple Watch time to charge. While your Apple Watch is charging, your device goes into Nightstand mode.
How to Maximize the Performance of Your Apple Watch?
If you want to maximize the performance of your Apple Watch, here are the tips you might consider following:
- Update the Apple Watch to the latest software. You should always make sure your Apple Watch is using the latest version of watchOS. If you want to see whether you need an update or not, just open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Then, go to My Watch > General > Software Update.
If an update is available, you should connect your iPhone to WiFi, then attach the charger to your Apple Watch. You have to make sure that your Apple Watch has at least 50 percent charge. Then, you can update wirelessly.
- Adjust the settings of your Apple Watch. Do you want to preserve the battery life of your Apple Watch? You should turn on the Power Saving Mode during running and walking workouts. The Power Saving Mode can disable the heart rate sensor.
To turn on the Power Saving Mode, you just open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, then go to My Watch > Workout. After that, turn on Power Saving Mode. Take note that when the heart rate sensor is off, calorie burn calculations may not be as accurate.
If you're doing longer workouts, you can choose to use a Bluetooth chest strap instead of the built-in heart rate sensor. If you want to pair the Bluetooth chest strap with your Apple Watch, make sure that the strap is in pairing mode. After that, open Settings on Apple Watch, select Bluetooth, then choose from the list of Health Devices.
Are you very active with your hands and your watch display turns on more than you think it should? You can actually prevent the display from turning on every time you raise your wrist.
Just open Settings on Apple Watch, select General, select Wake Screen, and turn Wake Screen on Wrist Raise off. And when you want to turn on the display, just tap it or press the Digital Crown.