The Apple Watch is a popular wearable usually worn by athletes and health enthusiasts. This device has more advanced functions that help monitor your health and fitness.
Some Apple Watch includes pandemic-worthy features, something you need with the current health situation. These features are blood oxygen monitoring and automatic handwashing detection. Others have more run-of-the-mill ones like sleep tracking, elevation changes, and aerobic fitness.
Due to the capabilities of the Apple Watch, both as an extension of your iPhone and a fitness tracker, it is one of the best wearables you can use while working out.
DOES APPLE WATCH MAKE YOUR WRIST SWEAT?
Apple Watch might look like it's not that big of a deal, but some people are experiencing severe problems with the device.
One issue is sweat. Some people have reported that the watch makes their wrists sweat more than usual. This can be caused by the watch sitting too tightly on the wrist or because it's too warm in their environment.
The other problem is how tight the band is on your wrist. The band may cause irritation and discomfort if it's too tight or you have sensitive skin, so you might need to adjust it throughout the day.
If these things don't work, you should try adjusting how you wear your watch or switching to an Apple Sport version with a softer material for the band, which may provide more comfort.
WHAT CAN SWEAT DO TO YOU AND YOUR APPLE WATCH BAND?
It's natural that you sweat when you work out. Sweating helps cool your body down and prevents you from overheating.
Sweating profusely during a workout is also not uncommon. You see, some people sweat more than usual when they work out for several reasons. Such as the level of exertion, the clothing they wear, or the indoor or outdoor temperature.
However, if you are using your Apple Watch while working out, you should know what sweat can do to your Apple Watch band and you.
- It can cause your Apple Watch band to smell. Everyone knows that prolonged use of your watch band can cause your wrist to sweat more, especially during workouts. This will result in your Apple Watch band, and your skin will have an unpleasant smell.
- It can cause rashes. Moisture on your watch band can irritate; however, for most people, what causes rashes is sweat. It's because sweat is comprised of salt. People can get these kinds of itchy rashes because, as the sweat dries, it deposits salt on the skin. Your Apple Watch band then rubs against the salt deposit, causing more irritation.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY APPLE WATCH FROM SWEAT?
Apple Watches are designed to be worn daily but do not have the same protection as a typical watch. Sweat can cause corrosion, which will permanently damage the watch.
There are some steps that you can take to protect your Apple Watch from sweat:
- Keep your skin dry by using a towel or handkerchief to dry it off after sweating and before putting on the watch.
- Clean your Apple Watch with a soft cloth regularly.
- Put on your Apple Watch only when you are in an environment where it is unlikely to get wet with sweat.
DOES SWEAT AFFECT APPLE WATCH HEART RATE?
Apple Watch is a watch that can measure your heart rate. It's a popular device used for fitness tracking, workouts, and other health-related activities.
Sweat is a natural process that we all go through and does not affect the Apple Watch's heart rate.
The Apple Watch heart rate monitor relies on infrared light to measure your heart rate. It doesn't work when your skin is wet because infrared light can't get through water or sweat.
WHAT ARE THE BEST APPLE WATCH BANDS FOR YOUR SWEATY WRIST?
If you naturally have sweaty wrists and not because you are working out, the best band you can use with your Apple Watch is the leather band. The leather absorbs the sweat and dirt which are inevitable when you wear your device regularly.
However, if you are looking for an Apple Watch band that you can use while you sweat during your workouts, the following are some of the best bands for you.
- DUAL COLOR SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
- NYLON SPORT LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Lightweight and breathable, with more than 500 threads of 100% durable nylon intertwined together, this carefully woven Nylon Sport Loop for your Apple Watch is impervious to both tears and abrasions. Perfect for anyone on the go, whether that be on your morning run or a 12-hour shift on the E.R. floor.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.