The Milanese Loop is one of the stainless steel band options you can buy for your Apple Watch. It is lightweight, comfortable and easily adjustable.
This Apple watch band is a worthy option if you are looking for a strap that is dressy, breathable, and easy to take on and off. Moreover, it is gender neutral so whether you are a man or a woman, the Milanese Loop will look perfect on your wrist.
As the name suggests, the Milanese Loop is a modern interpretation of a design developed in Milan at the end of the 19th century. It has a mesh-like texture, reminding you of the feel of a soft bath towel.
This band is woven on specialized Italian machines. Its smooth stainless steel mesh wraps fluidly around your wrist. The Milanese Loop fastens using a magnetic closure, making it infinitely adjustable and ensuring a perfect fit.
Is it Possible to Wear the Milanese Loop in the Shower?
While there are waterproof watch bands available in the market, there are also straps that are not appropriate for water use. This includes the stainless steel and leather bands. These bands are not water resistant and should not be exposed to liquids.
How about the Milanese Loop? According to Apple, the Milanese Loop band should not be worn when swimming. Additionally, Milanese Loop is a stainless steel band, which means that the band should not be worn while you are in a shower.
Why Should You Buy an Apple Milanese Loop?
- Different from traditional stainless steel watch bands. You will notice that the Milanese Loop does not look like a stainless steel wrap from traditional watches. The Milanese Loop is lightweight and looks stylish around your wrist. This watch band is made of several stainless steel mesh wraps and appears more fashionable.
- Doesn't discolor easily or deform. It is the only Apple watch band that is truly resistant to scratches, deformation and discoloring. This fact makes the Milanese Loop the most durable option among all the Apple watch bands.
Discoloration and deformation is something Apple is warning about for its rubber and leather bands. The Milanese Loop, with its tightly weaved stainless steel mesh pattern, does an excellent job of resisting and hiding scratches.
And like all stainless steel bands, the Milanese Loop won't have any issue with discoloration and deformation. It also doesn't easily damage due to sweat and lotions.
- Breathability. Unlike other Apple watch straps, the weaved mesh of the Milanese Loop allows a bit of air to pass through. This enables you to stay cool and avoid sweating, which is common with leather and solid stainless steel bands. Additionally, it is lighter in weight.
- Fit and easily adjustable. The modern Milanese Loop is stylish and features a magnetic clasp. The clasp is effective since it doesn't leave its place even when you take part in exercises or other physical activities.
Because it is fully magnetic, the Milanese Loop is infinitely adjustable, ensuring a perfect fit.
To make sure you have the best experience while using your Apple Watch, you should make sure that you wear the band with the right fit. That means it is not too tight, not too loose, and with room for your skin to breathe.
Can You Wear Your Apple Watch While in the Shower?
All Apple Watch models come with some degree of water resistance. Does this mean that you can take a shower while wearing the device?
In theory, you can shower with an Apple Watch. However, it is not recommended. Why? That's because the full act of showering can damage the device.
You see, while in a shower, you apply soaps, shampoo, and conditioner. These substances can negatively impact your Apple Watch's water seals and acoustic membranes.
Another thing you should keep in mind is that water resistance is not a permanent condition of the Apple Watch. Moreover, Apple Watches cannot be resealed. Apart from the aforementioned substances, other things that can affect the water resistance of your Apple Watch are:
- Insect repellant
Dropping your Apple Watch and wearing it in a sauna or steam room can also affect the device's water resistance.
In cases where your Apple Watch comes in contact with any of the liquids mentioned above, Apple recommends that you clean the device with fresh water. After that, dry your wearable with a lint-free cloth.
If you must shower with your Apple Watch, what you need to do is to turn on the Water Lock. This feature locks your Apple Watch's screen to avoid accidental taps while swimming and during water-based activities.
The following are the steps to manually activate Water Lock:
- First, open the Control Center by swiping up on the face of your Apple Watch.
- Next, use your finger or Digital Crown to scroll to the Water Lock icon. The said icon looks like a water droplet.
- Then. tap the icon to activate Water Lock. When activated, you will notice a blue water appearing in the center of the Watch face.
- Once you are finished showering, turn off Water Lock. You can do that by turning the Digital Crown until the blue teardrop fills the circular icon. Once the Watch is unlocked, it will make a series of sounds that are intended to clear water from its speakers.
If your Apple Watch got wet and now its speaker sounds muffled, you should not insert anything into the openings, such as the microphone or speaker ports.
Additionally, you should not shake your Apple Watch to remove water. Allowing your Apple Watch to charge overnight might speed up evaporation.
Share this post
- Tags: Apple, Apple watch, APPLE WATCH BAND, APPLE WATCH BANDS, Smartwatch, Smartwatch Bands, SPARTAN WATCH COMPANY, SPARTAN WATCHES