We all know that one of the reasons people buy the Apple Smartwatch is its ability to be customized. While yes, the main reason is for the smartwatch's health tools and tracking fitness goals.
However, you cannot deny how neat its attribute is, when you can change its band into the style that fits you on any occasion. You can also make it so that with one look, other people will know that it's distinctively you.
Apple Watch bands are pricey, yes. But, despite the emergence of third party bands, people are still turning to Apple for the best bands for their Apple Smartwatch. Why?
Apple's watch bands, unlike third-party bands, are made of premium materials. They are made to work and look nicely with the Apple Watch itself. Apple watch bands are worth the money as they are of much higher quality and more comfortable to use.
Nonetheless, the quality and comfort of the band will matter less if you don't have the precise watch band size that fits you.
What is the Smallest Apple Watch band?
Apple Watch bands are the "eye candy for your wrist." You can find them in any styles, colors and sizes. This means, whatever wrist size you have, Apple has the bands that will fit you perfectly.
The smallest Apple watch band that will fit the smallest size wrist is the Classic Buckle. This band fits a 125mm wrist circumference. So, if you have this wrist size, Classic Buckle is the right one for you.
The Classic Buckle band is also beautiful to look at. It has a timeless look and matches almost any outfit and occasion. With this band, you will get both the leather and the buckle.
The leather on the Classic Buckle band is milled with the texture that is quite subtler than on the leather loop. This means there is no quilting on it.
The Classic Buckle is well balanced and wide enough for you to make movements. Apple makes fastening the leather buckle much easier with this band. It is the combination of a stiffer leather and the well-crafted buckle. This band is swift and a delight for Apple Watch users.
Another astounding feature of the Classic Buckle, apart from being the right fit for your small wrist, is that there won't be observable wear or tear. There is also no staining or discoloration.
This band is water-resistant like metal or rubber. This means, you will have no need to worry about your band in the rain or while washing up. However, keep in mind that the band is not waterproof. As such, you should not take it to the shower or swimming.
All those features are what makes the Classic Buckle smooth, calm and elegant in the eyes of Apple Watch users.
Other Apple Watch Bands for Small Wrists
Other size of bands which will fit 130mm wrist circumferences, apart from the Classic Buckle (125-200mm) are:
- Woven Nylon (125-195mm). The Woven Nylon bands are usually paired with either aluminum and stainless steel models. The band is made from over 500 threads woven together in a unique, colorful pattern.
The Woven Nylon has monofilaments that connect four layers of the weave to create a single durable band. It is comfortable and has a fabric-like feel.
- Milanese Loop (130-180mm). This band is a modern interpretation of a design developed in Milan at the end of the 19th century. It is woven on specialized Italian machines. This means that the band has the smooth stainless steel mesh wraps fluidly around your wrist.
Milanese Loop is fully magnetic. As such, this band is infinitely adjustable, which ensures that it will be a perfect fit for you and your small wrist.
- Sport Band (130-180mm and 150-200mm). This band is made from custom high-performance fluoroelastomer. This makes the Sport Band durable and strong while being surprisingly soft.
The Sport Band has a smooth and dense material that drapes elegantly across your wrist. As such, using this band feels comfortable next to your skin. This band also has an innovative pin-and-tuck closure which ensures that it will be a clean fit for your wrist.
What You Should Consider When Buying Your Apple Watch Band
Apple has a variety of watch bands that come in different sizes, styles, colors, among others. Which means, before you charge into the nearest Apple store, there are still things you should take into consideration.
- Determine your wrist size. Before you choose the design, color and style of your desired Apple watch band, you should first determine the size of your wrist. Remember, the ideal watch band should neither be too tight nor too loose. This will ensure that you will have the best experience when using your Apple Watch.
- Taking the measurement of the circumference of your wrist. This will help in achieving the best possible length of your Apple Watch band. To measure your wrist, you use a meter of seamstress or a string or tape and put it on a ruler. Wrap your wrist loosely. When you get the measurement, round to half a centimeter above.
- Choosing your Apple Watch band. What color do you want? What kind of band do you want? Do you want the Classic Buckle? The Milanese Loop? The Woven Nylon or the Sport Band? You should choose the band that you think is comfortable for you to use, has the style that suits you as well as is perfect for all occasions.
If you want the best results of your device, the back of your Apple Watch needs skin contact for certain features. These are the Wrist Detect, the Taptic Engine, and the electrical and optical heart sensors.
As such, you need to wear your Apple Watch with the right band that fits and will give room for your skin to breathe. This will keep you comfortable and at the same time it will let the sensors do their jobs.
Take note, if you are doing your workouts, it is recommended that you tighten your Apple Watch band and loosen it when you're done. Remember, your Apple Watch band should be snug but comfortable.