One of the most popular fashion accessories you can find in the market is the Apple Watch. Some even consider this wearable device as the world's most accurate smartwatch. The Apple Watch serves as both a fitness tracker and a health monitor. Apple Watch gamified physical fitness with Activity Rings, workout streaks, monthly challenges, and social elements. This wearable device has 15 different types of workouts. It has lower intensity exercises, such as walking, yoga, and dancing. So, there should be something for anyone for any fitness level.
And if you cannot find the specific workout listed, you can track it as "Other." This way, you can get credit as if you were on a brisk walk. The Apple Watch acts like a dumbed-down phone due to its small screen size and limited capabilities. Still, this device gives you all the basic functionality that you need. Moreover, with the Apple Watch, you can leave your phone at home during exercise. You can also opt to keep your iPhone in your pocket. In addition, you can use Apple Pay with your Apple Watch. You only need to double-tap the side button, and your card shows on the screen. Then, you point your Apple Watch at the store's card reader.
Do All Apple Watch Bands Hurt?
Have you experienced redness, swelling, itchiness, or any other irritation or any other kind of pain or discomfort around or beneath your watch or band? Apple suggests removing your Apple Watch and consulting a doctor or physician before wearing your device again. You see, skin reactions can be a result of various causes. These include the following:
- Allergies to some materials (including nickel)
- Extended exposure to irritants (such as soap or sweat)
- Environmental factors
- Wearing the watch band too tightly or too loosely
According to Apple, you should wear your Apple Watch with the right fit. It should not be too tight or too loose. Make sure it has room for your skin to breathe. This way, you will feel comfortable, and at the same time, the sensors can do their jobs.
Apple Watch users also recommend that you switch bands all the time. You might want to wear a sports band when working out. You can also tighten your Apple Watch strap for workouts. Don't forget to loosen it after you finish your routine.
How To Clean Your Apple Watch Bands
Do you want to make your Apple Watch stand out and look stylish? Pair it with the right watch band. Fortunately, you can find different variations of watch straps in the market. These include leather, wood, steel, silicon, ceramic, and nylon. And for your watch band to last for many years of use, make sure to keep it clean and maintained. Proper cleaning of your watch straps will make them look stunning.
There is an apt way to clean your Apple Watch band. Remember that using the wrong cleaning solutions can harm your expensive watch strap. They can also aggravate your skin and void the warranty. The following are some of the ways to clean different types of Apple Watch bands:
Cleaning Your Silicone Apple Watch Sport Band
To clean your Silicone Apple Watch Sport Band, you only need to follow these simple steps:
- First, remove your Silicone Apple Watch Sport Band from your Apple wearable device.
- Next, wipe the dirt and tarnish with a clean and soft cotton cloth.
- Then, use some freshwater on the cloth, and scrub the remaining stain.
- After that, dry the watch band with a clean cloth. Make sure not to expose it to direct sunshine or a heater.
Cleaning Your Metal Apple Watch Band
Most metal bands for Apple Watches are stainless steel. However, you will still find some that are titanium and aluminum. Metal watch bands are usually filled with dirt and dust inside the inner side of the watch links after you wear it.
To clean this strap, make sure to follow these instructions:
- Next, dip your watch strap into warm water for one hour or two.
- Then, gently scrub your band with a toothbrush and add some dish soap or neutral detergent.
- After that, dry your metal watch band in the air or with a hairdryer.
Cleaning Your Nylon Apple Watch Band
For cleaning your nylon Apple Watch band, you will need a basket or bowl, laundry detergents, mild dish soap, and a scrubbing brush or old toothbrush. Follow these steps to clean your nylon watch band:
- Next, fill the basket or bowl with warm water. Then, add some laundry detergents and agitate the mixture.
- Then, put the dirty Nylon Watch Band into the mixture and allow them to soak for a few hours.
- Scrub the Nylon Watch Band with a toothbrush to remove the stain.
- Next, squeeze the excess water and check whether the nylon strap is clean or not.
- Then, apply mild dish soap or stain remover to your watch band. Soak your strap for several hours. Make sure to scrub it with a stiff brush to remove the dirt.
- After that, hand wash your nylon band and dry it overnight.
Cleaning Your Leather Apple Watch Band
Some people find that leather bands are warmer to wear. For example, the leather link is an incredible band to pair with your Apple Watch while using the device for tracking your sleep.
To clean your Leather Apple Watch Band, you only need to follow these steps:
- Next, use a clean, dry cloth to wipe the dirt on the leather strap surface.
- Then, prepare a mixture of vinegar and warm water. Make sure it is one part to three.
- After that, agitate the mixture until well mixed.
- Next, apply a little vinegar water to a clean, soft cloth. Gently wipe the leather strap surface.
- Add mild dish soap to warm water. After, stir it until you see bubbles.
- Then, dip a new, clean cloth into the soapy water. Wipe the leather band to remove any stain, dirt, or dust.
- Lay the watch strap flat and airdry the band. You can also apply some leather conditioner on the leather band surface to keep it in good condition.
Don't miss out on our new product announcements, updates, and exclusive deals at Spartan Watches. Be part of the Spartan Army! Subscribe to our newsletter. You can get special discounts, free giveaways, and learn more about your Apple Watch.