The Apple Watch is one of the most popular fashion accessories you can find in the market. It is the world's most accurate smartwatch that also serves as a fitness tracker and health monitor. Several people, especially Apple fans, know that the Apple Watch records your workouts. This wearable device can also help set and track your health and fitness goals.
The Apple smartwatch automatically keeps track of your exercise. It can even remind and encourage you throughout the day about your progress. It will egg you on to do more. Moreover, the Apple Watch has a precise heart monitor to measure, track and record heart rates. This feature is helpful for competitors and athletes. However, despite the usefulness of this smartwatch, some people have experienced some issues. One of them is having aching wrists.
Does Your Wrist Ache Due to Your Apple Watch? - Here’s Why
You will find several threads on the internet about wrist issues with the Apple Watch. Some people notice that the wearable device does not fit their wrist well, causing them pain. Keep in mind that not everyone can wear an Apple Watch. Some people can experience reactions to materials, such as nickel, that are in prolonged contact with their skin.
Do you experience redness, swelling, itchiness, or any other irritation or any other kind of pain or discomfort around or beneath your watch or band? Apple suggests removing your Apple Watch and consulting a doctor or physician before wearing your device again. You see, skin reactions can be a result of various causes. These include the following:
- Allergies to some materials (including nickel)
- Extended exposure to irritants (such as soap or sweat)
- Environmental factors
- Wearing the watch band too tightly or too loosely
According to Apple, you should wear your Apple Watch with the right fit. It means that the watch strap should not be too tight or too loose. It should have room for your skin to breathe. This way, it will keep you comfortable and, at the same time, it will let the sensors do their job. You may also want to tighten your Apple Watch band for workouts. After that, you can loosen it.
How To Clean Your Apple Watch Bands
If you want to make your Apple Watch stand out and look stylish, you should pair it with the right watch band. Fortunately, you can find different variations of watch straps in the market. These include leather, wood, steel, silicon, ceramic, and nylon. For your watch band to last for many years of use, make sure to keep it clean and maintained. Proper cleaning of your watch straps will make them look stunning.
There is an apt way to clean your Apple Watch band. Remember that using the wrong cleaning solutions can harm your expensive watch strap. They can also aggravate your skin and void the warranty. The following are some of the ways to clean different types of Apple Watch bands.
Cleaning Your Nylon Apple Watch Band
For cleaning your nylon Apple Watch band, you will need a basket or bowl, laundry detergents, mild dish soap, and a scrubbing brush or old toothbrush. Follow these steps to clean your nylon watch band:
- Next, fill the basket or bowl with warm water. Then, add some laundry detergents and agitate the mixture.
- Then, put the dirty Nylon Watch Band into the mixture and allow them to soak for a few hours.
- Scrub the Nylon Watch Band with a toothbrush to remove the stain.
- Next, squeeze the excess water and check whether the nylon strap is clean or not.
- Then, apply mild dish soap or stain remover to your watch band. Soak your strap for several hours. Make sure to scrub it with a stiff brush to remove the dirt.
- After that, hand wash your nylon band and dry it overnight.
Cleaning Your Leather Apple Watch Band
Some people find that leather bands are warmer to wear. For example, the leather link is an incredible band to pair with your Apple Watch while using the device for tracking your sleep. To clean your Leather Apple Watch Band, you only need to follow these steps:
- Next, use a clean, dry cloth to wipe the dirt on the leather strap surface.
- Then, prepare a mixture of vinegar and warm water. Make sure it is one part to three.
- After that, agitate the mixture until well mixed.
- Next, apply a little vinegar water to a clean, soft cloth. Gently wipe the leather strap surface.
- Add mild dish soap to warm water. After, stir it until you see bubbles.
- Then, dip a new, clean cloth into the soapy water. Wipe the leather band to remove any stain, dirt, or dust.
- After that, lay the watch strap flat and airdry the band. You can also apply some leather conditioner on the leather band surface to keep it in good condition.
Cleaning Your Metal Apple Watch Band
Most metal bands for Apple Watches are stainless steel. However, you will still find some that are titanium and aluminum. Metal watch bands are usually filled with dirt and dust inside the inner side of the watch links after you wear it. To clean this strap, make sure to follow these instructions:
- Next, dip your watch strap into warm water for one hour or two.
- Then, gently scrub your band with a toothbrush and add some dish soap or neutral detergent.
- After that, dry your metal watch band in the air or with a hairdryer.
Cleaning Your Silicone Apple Watch Sport Band
To clean your Silicone Apple Watch Sport Band, you only need to follow these simple steps:
- First, remove your Silicone Apple Watch Sport Band from your Apple wearable device.
- Next, wipe the dirt and tarnish with a clean and soft cotton cloth.
- Then, use some freshwater on the cloth, and scrub the remaining stain.
- After that, dry the watch band with a clean cloth. Make sure not to expose it to direct sunshine or a heater.
Don't miss out on our new product announcements, updates, and exclusive deals at Spartan Watches. Be part of the Spartan Army! Subscribe to our newsletter. This way, you can get special discounts, free giveaways, and learn more about your Apple Watch.