Apple has maintained its leading position in the smartwatch market with the Apple Watch. After all, the company accounted for more than 50 percent of the smartwatch industry in the world during the fourth quarter of 2018.
The Apple Watch can do a lot right out of the box and countless things once you connect it to your iPhone. It delivers notifications, makes calls, sends texts, runs apps, and helps keep you healthy.
However, this wearable is more than a miniaturized iPhone on your wrist. The Apple Watch is an amazing tool to help you get through your day, be more productive, lose weight, get in shape, save money, and even make money.
What Makes the Apple Watch Popular?
You probably noticed that a lot of people don't need a smartwatch. But over the years, smartwatches have become very useful, to the point that they are no longer referred to as expensive toys for early adopters.
So, what makes the Apple Watch popular?
- Changing how people perceive watches. Perhaps the biggest reason why the Apple Watch is successful is the way that it changed how people perceived watches. These devices are no longer wristwatches solely meant as a timepiece or a fashion accessory. The Apple Watch has transformed it into something that is used and depended upon throughout the day for various activities and tasks.
- An extension of the iPhone. Nowadays, you will find that watches are not a status symbol the way they used to be in the past. The Apple Watch is an extension of the iPhone. This means that this device not just works as a way of telling time, it can also do a lot of things.
It manages the calendar, delivers reminders, and provides directions. It also enables you to interface with applications that you use daily with no need to pull your phones out of your pockets.
- A wellness and health device. The Apple Watch has become much of a wellness and health device than anything else. According to Apple CEO Tim Cook, if you look into the future and look back to what was the greatest contribution of Apple to mankind, it would be about health.
The software and technology mix of the Apple Watch means that it's situated in a unique place to keep track of people's activity. Since you wear it on your wrist, the Apple Watch literally has a connection to your body. This connection opened up all sorts of opportunities to help measure people's heart rate, activity, and even take an ECG.
- Best personal trainer. You will notice that the Apple Watch feels like the best personal trainer that you can buy. That is because the wearable says that you care about being healthy and active. Additionally, the watch could help you retain your fitness. As such, if you are not as active as you would like to be, the Apple Watch is a terrific way of starting to be active.
What is the Most Comfortable Apple Watch Band?
Are you looking for something that minimizes the amount of time you spend checking your phone? A device that can motivate you to be active and stay healthy? Something that can provide fast access to useful information? A wearable that allows you to handle some activities that you otherwise need to pull out your phone to do? Then the Apple Watch is perfect for you.
With how useful the Apple Watch is and with how many features and things you can do with it, you will need a comfortable band to go with it. Especially if you are planning on wearing it for hours or more than a day.
The following are some of the most comfortable bands for your Apple Watch:
- Apple Sport Loop. You will find Apple's nylon bands to be really hard-wearing and comfortable. The Sport Loop is made from double-layer nylon and has a clever design on the skin side. It also uses larger loops for cushioning and breathability.
The Apple Sport Loop features a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment. This band is a useful option for fans of NATO straps who don't want to cover their Apple Watch's sensors.
- Apple Solo Loop. This band is the first official watch band that's one piece. The Apple Solo Loop is a rubberized colored loop that stretches over your fingers and snaps onto your wrist.
The Apple Solo Loop is made from liquid silicone rubber. It has no clasps, buckles, or overlapping parts. This makes the band ultra comfortable to wear and easy to slip on and off your wrist.
Each band is specially treated with UV to give the band a silky, smooth finish. The Solo Loop is also swim-proof and sweatproof, so it can go just about anywhere you want to wear it.
- Apple Leather Loop. The Leather Loop has a clever segmented magnetic closure, giving you a precise and comfortable fit every time. The magnets are concealed within the soft, quilted leather.
The Venezia leather for this band is handcrafted in Arzignano, Italy. This watch band is perfect if you are planning to wear your Apple Watch to formal events or for work.
- Apple Milanese Loop. The Apple Milanese Loop is a modern interpretation of a design developed in Milan at the end of the 19th century. This band is woven on specialized Italian machines. The smooth stainless steel mesh of the Milanese Loop wraps fluidly around your wrist.
This band is fully magnetic, making it infinitely adjustable and ensuring a perfect fit.
- Apple Nike Sport Loop. This band is soft, breathable, and lightweight. The Nike Sport Loop is designed for fitness, with select colors matched to the line of Nike running shoes. This strap features a nylon weave with reflective thread designed to shimmer when light strikes it.
The Apple Nike Sport Loop has a hook-and-loop fastener that makes for quick and easy adjustment. It also has dense loops on the skin side that provide soft cushioning while allowing moisture to escape. On the reverse side of the band, the attachment loops are securely anchored for superior durability.*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.