Can You Change the Band on a Smartwatch?
People are buying smartwatches due to their several features. However, the most compelling reason why they purchase a smartwatch is to help maintain and improve their health.
For millennials, the feature that caught their attention is the smartwatch's ability to be customized. Yes, customization happens on the smartwatch's software. But what caught their notice is the capability to swap out or change the wristband.
This feature is especially great as there are smartwatch models that come with a less convenient band. There are bands that tend to collect grease and grime, and trap moisture. And since everyone sweats, the band will collect moisture and cause skin irritation.
How to Change the Band of Your Smartwatch
If you have no clue how to change the band of your smartwatch, you can follow these steps:
- You should first take a soft cloth to place your smartwatch face on.
- Place your smartwatch face down onto the cloth. You should make sure the face of your smartwatch is protected so that it won't be scratched.
- Using a spring bar tool, push it between the band and the watch clamps. The clamps are where the band attaches to the face of the smartwatch.
- Once again, using the spring bar tool, press down on the bar. Then, pull inwards toward the center of the band. If you have another tool, wedge it in between the bar and the watch face and pull inward.
- After that, you should be able to safely remove the spring bar. Along with it is the wristband.
- You can take off the other side of the band the same way. Place it and the other spring bar off to the side.
- Next, you take the new watch band and one of the spring bars. You place the bar inside the small placement area on one side of the band.
- You should adjust the spring bar so that both sides protrude from the new band. Slide it into place in the watch face. You may have to depress on the side of the bar with your tool. You should also make sure that the shorter band of the two is on the same side as the 12 o'clock reading.
- Then, do the same thing with the other side of the watch band.
- This time, use the spring bar tool to clamp the bar back into place. You can do this by pressing it down on top of the bar and pulling slightly outwards toward the edge of the watch face and band until you hear a clicking noise.
- Once both bands appear to be on the watch correctly, you tug them a little bit to make sure they are firmly attached.
How to Change Your Apple Watch Band
If you own an Apple Watch, here are the steps to change your band:
- Place your Apple Watch face down over a clean surface. It could be a lint-free, microfiber cloth or a soft, padded mat.
- If your watch band is a link bracelet, press the quick release button on a link to separate the band into two pieces.
- Next, you hold down the band release button. Then, slide the band across to remove it.
- If the band does not slide out, you press the band release button again. Make sure that you hold it down.
- You should make sure that the text on the band is facing you. Then, slide the new band in until you feel and hear a click.
How about if you have a Solo Loop or Braided Solo Loop? You just have to simply pull from the bottom of the band to stretch it over your wrist when you put it on and take it off.
If you are using the Milanese Loop: You can open the band completely by sliding the magnetic closure through the band connector or lug.
You should remember to never force the band into the slot. If you don't feel or hear a click, just slide the band to the left, then to the right. If your band is installed properly, it will not freely slide until you hold down the band release button.
However, if the band still doesn't lock, center the band. Then, push it into place. You should carefully wiggle the band up and down. Take note, don't wear your Apple Watch if the band is sliding.
Best Apple Watch Bands
Now you know how to change the band of your smartwatch. But, do you already have a replacement band for your old ones? Are you still looking for the best band for your Apple watch?
Here are some of the best Apple Watch bands that will work for any outfit and occasion and might suit your style:
- Apple Sport Band. Referred to as an excellent all-rounder. The Apple Sport Band has a variety of colors you can choose from. Since its Apple, the band is made of nicer materials. This means that you will not end up with odd things happening to your skin after a few hours of wear.
- Apple Sport Loop. This band has the typical Apple quality. The Apple Sport Loop is hard-wearing as well as comfortable to use. The band is made from double-layer nylon and has a clever design for cushioning and breathability.
- Apple Solo Loop. This band is an all-in-one simplicity and is available in bright colors. The Apple Solo Loop is a band that's one piece. It is a rubberized colored loop that stretches over your fingers and snaps onto your wrist.
- Apple Pride Edition Sport Band. This band shows support for LGBTQ+ organizations. The Apple Pride Edition Sport Band is die-cut by machine and then compression molded together. This means that the seams of the color strips on each strap are unique.
- Apple Nike Sport Band. This band is simple, stylish, and will not suffocate your skin.
- Apple Leather Loop. This band has a clever segmented magnetic closure. That means you can get a precise and comfortable fit every time.
Leave a comment