When you buy an Apple Watch, there are several factors you have to consider. First, you have to think about the style and material of the band you want.
However, the most crucial factor you should consider is the Apple watch size.
Apple Watch Sizes
If you want the most prominent and most evident display available on an Apple Watch and want to buy a leather strap, then the 44mm is right for you. You will also benefit from a larger battery and longer battery life with the 44mm.
Are all apple watch batteries the same size?
Not all apple watch batteries are the same. We have two basic types, 1.55-volt silver oxide batteries and 3.0-volt lithium batteries. A watch movement has a specific size and type of battery, and they are not interchangeable.
Do Apple Watch bands fit all series?
Yes. All watch bands are compatible with all watch series and editions. In addition, the connector size and shape are the same on all Apple Watches.
Do Apple Watch bands fit all sizes?
All Apple Watch bands will fit all Apple Watches of the same case size, but not all bands are available separately, and stores sell some only in single box size.
How tight should a wristwatch be?
One of the most common questions for any new watch wearer is: how tight does my watch fit? The rule of thumb is that your watch should not slide more than one inch up or down your wrist when you move your arm.
Apple watch sizes
Are you thinking to yourself whether or not the Apple watch can fit small wrists? Apple has a minor watch band that includes the most petite wrist to ease your mind. It's the Classic Buckle, which holds a 125mm wrist circumference.
Here are the bands that fit the 130mm wrist circumferences:
- Classic Buckle (125-200mm)
- Woven Nylon (125-195mm)
- Sport Band (130-180mm and 150-200mm)
- Milanese Loop (130-180mm)
These sizes are for the 38mm Apple Watch. The 42mm Apple Watch bands are slightly larger, starting at 140mm for the Link Bracelet and Sport Band. There's also the 145mm for Woven Nylon.
- 38mm Apple Watch. The 32mm Apple Watch has a 272 x 340 pixels display size. It also has a 153 sq mm display area.
- 40mm Apple Watch. The 40mm Apple Watch has a 394 x 324 pixels display size. It has a display area of 759 sq mm.
- 42mm Apple Watch. The 42mm Apple Watch has a 312 x 390 pixels display size. It also has a 740 sq mm display area.
- 44mm Apple Watch. The 44mm Apple Watch has a 448 x 368 pixels display size. It has a display area of 977 sq mm.
Based on a general expectation, the Apple watch with a large size is suited for men. The petite Apple watch size, on the other hand, goes well for women.
However, this does not mean you should go with those expectations. Instead, you should pick the one that works best for you as well as what you think looks good on you.
Apple Watch Size: 38mm vs 42mm
The 38mm and 42mm are almost the same in terms of their features. The primary difference between the two is their size and display area.
If you are price conscious, you should opt for the 38mm. It has a decent display, and at the same time, you can save a few pounds.
But, if you are not short of money, you should choose the 42mm Apple Watch. The following are the reasons why:
- It has a larger display. This factor will make it easier for you to view any content.
- The display has more space on it. This feature will make it easier for you to tap and select elements.
- Less chance of misapplication. Choosing the 42mm Apple Watch will decrease the chances of you tapping the incorrect application.
- More texts on screen. With a more prominent display, there will be more texts on screen at a time. Thus, there will be less swiping and scrolling.
Apple Watch Size: 40mm vs 44mm
The 40mm and 44mm Apple Watches both have a Retina display. The difference in pixels will be hard to notice to the naked eye.
Like the previous comparison, the more oversized Apple Watch has more advantages.
In this case, the 44mm Apple Watch has the advantages over the 40mm Apple Watch, such as:
- Less swiping and scrolling
- More text at a time
- Easier tapping application
- Less chance of hitting the wrong app
How to Look for the Right Apple Watch for You
Before choosing the perfect Apple Watch Size for you, you can compare the actual size against your wrist. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Store app on your iPhone.
- Go shopping by Product and select Apple Watch. You choose any of the Apple Watches.
- Please scroll down to see the Case Size section after seeing the pricing type and model name.
- Below the available case sizes listed there, tap on the "Which case size is right or you?"
- After that, you will see the actual Apple Watch size displayed on the screen.
The best way to determine which Apple Watch size is right for you is to visit the Apple Store in person. While it is not convenient, it is the most accurate option.
By visiting the Apple Store, you can get hands-on with the different watch bands available.
Best Apple Watch Bands for Small Wrists
If you have petite wrists, these watch bands will be perfect for you:
- Milanese Loop.
This watch band works with all the Apple Watch sizes. It fits 130-180mm wrists. The band is a modern interpretation of a design developed in Milan at the end of the 19th century.
The Milanese Loop is woven on specialized Italian machines. It has a smooth stainless steel mesh that wraps fluidly around your wrist. Due to it being fully magnetic, it is infinitely adjustable. This element ensures that it will perfectly fit your small wrists.
- Sport Band.
The sport band works with all the Apple Watch sizes. It is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer and fits the 130-200mm wrists. The sport band is durable and robust, yet surprisingly soft.
This band is comfortable to wear due to its smooth and dense material. In addition, the pin-and-tuck closure ensures that it will fit perfectly on your wrists.
- Link Bracelet.
The link bracelet works with all the Apple Watch sizes. It is crafted from the same 316L stainless steel alloy as the case and fits 135-195mm wrists. The link bracelet has more than 100 components.
The band's custom butterfly closure folds neatly within the bracelet. In addition, the several links feature a simple release button. This characteristic will make it easier for you to add or remove links without special tools.
Choosing the correct size of the Apple Watch and the perfect band can be tricky. However, it is something that you should take into serious consideration.
If you're planning to shop for your Apple Watch and band, we can highly recommend you visit the Apple Store in person. This way, you'll be able to choose the band that perfectly fits your small wrists. You can also browse for the Apple Watch size you think is compatible with you.