Do you want to buy an extra band for your Apple Watch? If you do, you should remember that you may have to pay handsomely for it. You see, pricing for Apple's watch bands starts at $49, and that is for synthetic rubber bands. The price runs up to $449 for the link bracelet.
Another thing you should remember is that all Apple Watch bands cost the same. That is, regardless of which model - 38mm or 42 mm - watch they are made for or what size they are available.
Most of you might find Apple Watch bands costly. It is due to this reason that watches bands made by another manufacturer or some third-party brands are popping up quickly. This gives you, the buyer, several options to choose from if Apple is not selling the band you want.
DO APPLE WATCH BANDS HAVE SERIAL NUMBER?
Apple Watch bands have a serial number, which can be found on the back of the band.
On the back of Apple Watch bands, there is a slight indentation for the serial number. The serial number is unique to that specific band and cannot be transferred to another band.
DO ALL APPLE WATCHES HAVE THE SAME WRISTBAND?
No, not all Apple Watches have the same wristband.
The Apple Watch comes in 38mm, 42mm, and 44mm. The wristband is also available in black, silver, and space gray.
Apple Watches come in four wristbands: Sport, Nylon, Leather, and Stainless Steel.
The Sport model is the cheapest option and is made of lightweight anodized aluminum. The stainless steel model is the most expensive option and has a more high-end design with a heavier feel.
The nylon band was introduced in 2017 as an alternative to the leather one. The nylon band has a more sporty look and feel with its mesh weave material that provides ventilation for your skin.
APPLE WATCH BANDS VS THIRD-PARTY BANDS
So, what makes Apple's watch bands expensive? Apple occupies a particular place in the market as a luxury brand. Apple Watch bands are marketed as high-end brands. They are also made of premium materials, making these bands look and work nicely with the Apple Watch.
Most third-party watch bands, also called unauthorized copies, are almost indistinguishable from authentic Apple Watch bands. These bands are often on the list of people shopping for bands because they are inexpensive alternatives.
The knockoff quality is getting better and better as the years go by. These bands are aimed at those who want a band that may be a little inferior but cheaper.
However, you should still expect that buying a knockoff will always be smooth sailing. There are knockoff watch bands in which the sides of them started to peel after just a couple of days. And some with their color beginning to fade.
HOW CAN YOU TELL A FAKE APPLE WATCH BAND?
You can buy a watch band for your Apple Watch in several places. The problem is that you might purchase a fake one, a third-party or knockoff band. As such, the following can help you determine whether the band you bought is a genuine or fake watch band.
- Mark the band size. If you place the Apple Watch band and a third-party watch band, you will notice that there is an official marking of the band size under the band. Let's take a sports band, for example. You will see that one-half of the genuine Apple Watch Sport Band will indicate 38mm or 42mm. The band's other half will indicate the size, i.e., M/L.
The third-party watch sport band, meanwhile, doesn't have these markings underneath the band.
- Quality. The quality difference between the authentic and third-party watch bands is pretty stark. You see, the build quality of the Apple Watch band is noticeably better than the other. The official band will feel smooth and soft to the tough. It has a smooth and clean transition from band to lug as well.
On the other hand, the third-party band will feel more scratchy and have gaps or wavy transitions at the lugs.
WHAT ARE THE BEST APPLE WATCH BANDS?
You can make your Apple Watch bands work for any outfit or occasion. That's actually what makes the Apple Watch a fantastic wearable. It doesn't only work like a mini iPhone on your wrist and a fitness tracker; it also makes wearing it fun. This is due to its feature of being customizable by changing watch bands.
However, before you go ahead and purchase your Apple Watch band, you need to make sure you are buying the correct size. Once you have figured out your sizing, the next thing to do is to decide what design you want and how much you want to spend.
Here are some of the best bands you can buy for your Apple Watch:
- NYLON SPORT LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Lightweight and breathable, with more than 500 threads of 100% durable nylon intertwined together, this carefully woven Nylon Sport Loop for your Apple Watch is impervious to both tears and abrasions. Perfect for anyone on the go, whether that be on your morning run or a 12-hour shift on the E.R. floor.
- DUAL COLOR SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build-up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
- LEATHER LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Manufactured with the finest leather materials and finished with explicit attention to detail, this is the ideal leather loop replacement for your Apple Watch. Its unique design comes with a strong and effective magnetic clasp that is quick and easy to fasten in place and convenient to adjust accordingly.
- MILANESE STAINLESS STEEL BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Easily secure your size. This band is supplied with a unique, strong magnetic closing mechanism that makes it infinitely adjustable, ensuring a perfect fit.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.