Everyone wants to get the most out of the gadgets they own. After all, they spend so much on these devices that promise them good value for their money. But the thing is, the battery life in each of these devices depends on how you use them.
Having a good charging habit will help you with that. Especially if you want to utilize a specific feature, let's say, the sleep tracking feature in modern Apple Watches.
You won't be able to fully enjoy the benefit of the sleep tracking feature since you need to charge your Apple Watch at night. More so since you were using the device the whole day.
According to Apple, it will take 90 minutes to charge an Apple Watch battery from zero to 80 percent. In addition, the Apple Watch's battery life with typical use could last only 18 hours. It would be best if you adopted the correct daily charging habit to solve that dilemma.
WHAT KIND OF CHARGER DOES THE APPLE WATCH USE?
The Apple Watch uses a magnetic charging puck that you place on the back of the watch. It's similar to how the AirPods charge, but it can only be done with a special cable that comes with the Apple Watch.
The best way to describe this is to think of it like a MagSafe charger for your laptop. The Apple Watch charger has magnets inside that connect to the magnetic pins in the back of the watch, and they're strong enough to stay connected even if you move your hand around. A magnetically attached cord pulls out quickly when needed and retracts back into place when you're done charging.
You can also use any standard USB-C cable with an adapter if you don't have one.
CAN APPLE WATCH USE 20W CHARGER?
Yes, you can use a 20 watts charger on Apple Watch. The Apple Watch was designed to charge with a 5 watts charger. However, if you want to charge it faster, you can use a 10- or 20 watts charger.
Apple Watch Series 3 comes with an 18-watt charging block so you can use any charger with the same power input as your watch. So, if you have an iPhone XS Max, which comes with a 25-watt charging block, and iPad Pro, which comes with a 12-watt charging block, then you can use them to charge your Apple Watch too.
But the downside of using faster chargers is that they will heat your device more than usual and may cause some damage in long-term use.
APPLE WATCH NOT FAST CHARGING
Apple Watch is a wearable device that keeps you connected to the world. But sometimes, you might encounter some issues with your Apple Watch. One such issue is fast charging not working on the Apple Watch. This can be very frustrating, especially when you have an important meeting and have no time to charge the battery of your watch.
Several factors can cause the problem. Here are some of them:
- You have not installed the latest updates on your iPhone.
- Your iPhone has not been updated recently.
- The USB cable is faulty.
- Your charger is faulty.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CHARGE AN APPLE WATCH?
Before you jump right into plugging your charger into the nearest power outlet, there are things you have to do first. One of which is making sure that you are in a well-ventilated area. You should also handle your Apple Watch and accessories safely. And remember to always take off your watch before charging it.
To charge your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
- Plug the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable or Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock into a USB power adapter.
- Next, plug the adapter into a power outlet. If you want, you can also plug the charging cable into a USB port.
- Make sure to position the back of your Apple Watch on the charger. You see, the charger's magnets align with your Apple Watch. Then, you will see the battery charging icon on your watch face.
- Remember to give your Apple Watch time to charge. While your wearable is charging, you will notice that your Apple Watch goes into Nightstand mode.
If you want to conserve the battery life of your Apple Watch, use the Power Reserve feature. This feature allows you to see the time on your Apple Watch while preserving the battery life of your wearable.
While in this mode, you only need to press the side button on your device to show the current time. However, remember that your Apple Watch and iPhone won't communicate while in Power Reserve. You also won't be able to access other watch features.
When the battery of your Apple Watch drops to 10 percent, your device will alert you and ask you if you want to use Power Reserve. So when the battery gets too low, your Apple Watch will automatically enter Power Reserve. Then, the low battery icon appears next to the time. To turn the Power Reserve mode, follow these steps:
- First, swipe up on the Apple Watch face to open the Control Center.
- Next, tap the battery percentage.
- After that, drag the Power Reserve slider. Then, tap Proceed.
If you want to turn off Power Reserve, first you need to press and hold the side button. Do this until you see the Apple logo. After that, you only need to wait for your Apple Watch to restart. You might need to charge your Apple Watch first.
HOW TO MAXIMIZE BATTERY LIFE AND LIFESPAN?
By maximizing both the battery life and the battery lifespan of your Apple Watch, you will get the most out of your wearable. Here are some tips for doing that:
- Update to the latest software. You must always ensure that your Apple Watch is using the latest version of watchOS. If you want to see if you need an update, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Then, go to My Watch > General > Software Update.
If an update is available, connect your iPhone to WiFi. Then, attach the charger to your Apple Watch. Make sure that your device has at least 50 percent charge. After that, you can update wirelessly.
- Adjust your settings. If you want to conserve the battery life on your Apple Watch, you could turn on the Power Saving Mode while you're out running and doing walking workouts. This way, you can disable the heart rate sensor. And for more extended activities, you can use a Bluetooth chest strap instead of the built-in heart rate sensor.
It would be best if you prevented the display from turning on every time you raise your wrist, especially if you're very active with your hands. That's because your watch display turns on more than you think it should. To prevent that from happening, open Settings on Apple Watch. Next, select General, Wake Screen, and turn Wake Screen on Wrist Raise off.
It would help if you also kept Bluetooth enabled on your iPhone. You see, disabling Bluetooth on your iPhone increases the battery drain on your Apple Watch. So, you should always keep Bluetooth enabled for more power-efficient communication between the devices.
BEST CHARGERS FOR APPLE WATCH
Choosing a suitable charger for your expensive Apple watch is essential. People purchase an Apple Watch because they are fans of the iPhone brand and its unique design.
Here are some of the Apple Watch chargers you can buy:
- 3-IN-1 WIRELESS CHARGER STAND - Discover a new way to charge with your new advanced-design 3-in-1 wireless charger stand. Quickly charge three Apple devices simultaneously while you sleep. Save time, avoid tangled cables, and enjoy getting compliments with your new wireless charger stand for your iPhone, Apple watch, and AirPods.
- WIRELESS CHARGER PAD FOR APPLE DEVICES - Reimagine how and where you charge with your new advanced-design 3-in-1 wireless charger for Apple watch, AirPods, & Apple iPhone. Quickly charge three devices at the same time. This charger starts the moment you place down your device. You will no longer need any cord to plug in and out, just place your device on the charger pad. Now you are free to enjoy your wireless and limitless charging experience.
- PORTABLE CHARGER FOR APPLE WATCH - Enjoy saving time and avoid tangled cables with this wireless travel charger for your Apple watch. Made with strong magnetic absorption allows for easy adjustments without deviating from the charging center. Simply plug the portable charger into a USB charging device and experience convenient charging anywhere you go.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.