Do you want to spend less time on your iPhone and more time out and about? Or perhaps you like the idea of having a super convenient tap-to-pay and fitness tracking? The Apple Watch is perfect for you.
There are several things you can do with an Apple Watch. One of which is to keep track of your health and fitness. You will find that some Apple Watch models, come with a GPS and an upgraded built-in heart rate monitor. These make great companions when you exercise and when you do workouts.
Your Apple Watch will automatically track all the basics. These include standing and moving around, steps and stairs climbed. The device also comes with a Workout app. This app is created to track your walks, runs, rides, rolls, among others. The Apple Watch is water-resistant as well, a good wearable to use to track your swims.
You can even use the Apple Watch to get help in an emergency. Here's how: First, press and hold the side button until the Emergency SOS slider appears. After that, drag the Emergency SOS slider to call emergency services. Keep in mind that whether or not you should get an Apple Watch depends on how compelling the device's features are for your day-to-day life.
How to Choose the Apple Watch for You?
If you want the latest and greatest Apple Watch model, you should get the Apple Watch Series 6. This smartwatch features a stunning design as well as a brighter always-on display.
On the other hand, if you want the cheapest Apple Watch model, it’s the Apple Watch Series 3. Apple is actually selling this device in its official store. Despite being an old model, the Apple Watch Series 3 still looks and functions well.
The following are the Apple Watch models you might want to consider purchasing:
- Apple Watch Series 6. This device is not only the best Apple Watch model, it is also the best smartwatch on the market. The Apple Watch Series 6 looks stylish and comes with great fitness features and life-saving health tools.
- Apple Watch SE. If you are looking at upgrading your older smartwatch, then the Apple Watch SE is the right one for you. This is the affordable version of the Apple Watch and is premium in all the right places. With the Apple Watch SE, you get to experience all the advantages that an Apple Watch has to offer. It brings convenience, fitness tracking, and health and safety features.
- Apple Watch Series 5. While this is no longer the latest Apple Watch, the Apple Watch Series 5 is still a great option. You will find that this model takes everything that made the Apple Watch Series 4 a good device. Plus the added extra features. The highlight feature of the Apple Watch Series 5 is the always-on screen. With this feature, you don't have to raise your wrist for the screen to show something.
- Apple Watch Series 3. This is not among the most recent Apple Watch, but the Apple Watch Series 3 is still worth considering. This smartwatch comes with essential features such as the digital crown for easy and unobscured navigation. It also includes the optical heart sensor and water resistance.
- Apple Watch Series 4. This Apple Watch model is an excellent buy and more importantly, it comes at a cheaper price. The Apple Watch Series 4 has 30 percent more screens and nicely curved edges. This makes for a more rounded appearance of your Apple Watch. It also allows imagery and the watch's touch surface to go right to the edge of the screen.
Apple Watch Charger and Metal Surfaces
You might be wondering, are there any problems in putting the watch on metal surfaces? Can this in some way harm your Apple Watch? According to an Apple Watch user, there are no problems if you put your device on metal surfaces. It is safe as long as the ambient temperature and charge hardware don't overheat.
Other safety information for Apple Watch include:
- Repairing. Make sure you don't open your Apple Watch. You should also not attempt to repair the Apple Watch yourself. If you disassemble your Apple Watch, you may damage it, lose its water resistance, and cause injury to you. If your Apple Watch is in need of repair, then you should contact Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
- Battery. Another thing you should not attempt to do is to replace the battery of the Apple Watch yourself. If you do, you may damage the battery, causing your device to overheat and cause you injury. Keep in mind that the lithium-ion battery in your Apple Watch should only be serviced by Apple. Or serviced by an authorized service provider.
- Charging. You should charge your Apple Watch with an Apple charger and an Apple-branded compatible power adapter. This includes the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable, MagSafe Duo Charger, or Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock. You can also use other third-party power adapters that are compliant with USB 2.0 or later. It should come with applicable country regulations and international and regional safety standards.
Adapters that don't meet the applicable safety standards could pose a risk of injury, and even death. Make sure that you're not using damaged cables or chargers. Also don't charge when moisture is present as it can cause fire, electric shock, injury, or damage to Apple Watch or other property.
- Prolonged Heat Exposure. Your Apple Watch charger and power adapter require surface temperature limits. This is defined by applicable country regulations and international and regional safety standards. However, sustained contact with warm surfaces for long periods of time can cause discomfort or injury.
Remember that the charger and power adapter will become warm when plugged into a power source. As such, you should avoid situations where your skin is in contact with your Apple Watch, charger, and power adapter.
Another thing to keep in mind is you shouldn't sleep on your Apple Watch while it’s charging or while the charger is plugged in. You should also not place them under a blanket, pillow, or your body. If your Apple Watch becomes uncomfortably warm, you should remove it from your wrist.