Do you want to spend less time on your iPhone and more time out and about? Or do you like having super convenient tap-to-pay and fitness tracking? The Apple Watch is perfect for you.
There are several things you can do with an Apple Watch. One of which is to keep track of your health and fitness. You will find that some Apple Watch models come with a GPS and an upgraded built-in heart rate monitor. These make great companions when you exercise and when you do workouts.
Your Apple Watch will automatically track all the basics. These include standing and moving around, steps and stairs climbed. The device also comes with a Workout app. This app tracks your walks, runs, rides, and rolls. The Apple Watch is also water-resistant, an excellent wearable to track your swims.
You can even use the Apple Watch to get help in an emergency. Here's how: First, press and hold the side button until the Emergency SOS slider appears. After that, drag the Emergency SOS slider to call emergency services. Remember that whether or not you should get an Apple Watch depends on how compelling the device's features are for your day-to-day life.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE APPLE WATCH FOR YOU?
If you want the latest and most excellent Apple Watch model, you should get the Apple Watch Series 6. This smartwatch features a stunning design as well as a brighter always-on display.
On the other hand, if you want the cheapest Apple Watch model, it's the Apple Watch Series 3. Apple is selling this device in its official store. Despite being an old model, the Apple Watch Series 3 still looks and functions well.
The following are the Apple Watch models you might want to consider purchasing:
- Apple Watch Series 6. This device is not only the best Apple Watch model but also the best smartwatch on the market. The Apple Watch Series 6 looks stylish and comes with great fitness features and life-saving health tools.
- Apple Watch SE. If you are looking at upgrading your older smartwatch, then the Apple Watch SE is the right one for you. This is the affordable version of the Apple Watch and is premium in all the right places. With the Apple Watch SE, you get to experience all the advantages an Apple Watch offers. It brings convenience, fitness tracking, and health and safety features.
- Apple Watch Series 5. While this is no longer the latest Apple Watch, the Apple Watch Series 5 is still a great option. You will find that this model takes everything that made the Apple Watch Series 4 a suitable device. Plus, the added extra features. The highlight feature of the Apple Watch Series 5 is the always-on screen. With this feature, you don't have to raise your wrist for the screen to show something.
- Apple Watch Series 3. This is not among the most recent Apple Watch, but the Apple Watch Series 3 is still worth considering. This smartwatch has essential features such as the digital crown for easy and unobscured navigation. It also includes an optical heart sensor and water resistance.
- Apple Watch Series 4. This Apple Watch model is an excellent buy, and more importantly, it comes at a cheaper price. The Apple Watch Series 4 has 30 percent more screens and nicely curved edges. This makes for a more rounded appearance of your Apple Watch. It also allows imagery and the watch's touch surface to go right to the edge of the screen.
APPLE WATCH CHARGER AND METAL SURFACES
Are there any problems with putting the watch on metal surfaces? Can this in some way harm your Apple Watch? According to an Apple Watch user, putting your device on metal surfaces is no problem. It is safe if the ambient temperature and charge hardware don't overheat.
Other safety information for Apple Watch includes:
- Repairing. Make sure you don't open your Apple Watch. You should also refrain from attempting to repair the Apple Watch yourself. If you disassemble your Apple Watch, you may damage it, lose its water resistance, and cause injury to you. You should contact Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider if your Apple Watch needs repair.
- Battery. Another thing you should refrain from attempting to do is to replace the Apple Watch battery yourself. If you do, you may damage the battery, causing your device to overheat and cause you injury. Remember that Apple should only service the lithium-ion battery in your Apple Watch. Or you are serviced by an authorized service provider.
- Charging. It will help if you charge your Apple Watch with an Apple charger and an Apple-branded compatible power adapter. You can also use other third-party power adapters compliant with USB 2.0 or later. This includes the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable, MagSafe Duo Charger, or Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock. It should come with applicable country regulations and international and regional safety standards.
Adapters that don't meet the applicable safety standards could pose a risk of injury and even death. Make sure that you're not using damaged cables or chargers. Also, don't charge when moisture is present as it can cause fire, electric shock, injury, or damage to Apple Watch or other property.
- Prolonged Heat Exposure. Your Apple Watch charger and power adapter require surface temperature limits. Applicable country regulations and international and regional safety standards define this. However, sustained contact with warm surfaces can cause discomfort or injury.
Remember that the charger and power adapter will become warm when plugged into a power source. As such, you should avoid situations where your skin is in contact with your Apple Watch, charger, and power adapter.
Another thing to keep in mind is you shouldn't sleep on your Apple Watch while it's charging or while the charger is plugged in. It would help if you did not place them under a blanket, pillow, or body. If your Apple Watch becomes uncomfortably warm, remove it from your wrist.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.