Genuine Apple Watch Charger VS Fake
Buying Apple accessories can be tricky, especially if you're shopping for the accessories online. With how expensive Apple accessories are, you must determine whether they are genuine or fake.
Apple recommends that you only use accessories that Apple has certified. They should also come with the MFi badge. Here are the issues that fake Apple accessories can cause:
- If you use counterfeit Lightning accessories, your Apple Watch could become damaged.
- If you use uncertified Lightning accessories, you might not be able to sync or charge your Apple Watch.
- The cable might be easily damaged.
- The connector end might fall off. It can be very hot or might not fit properly into your device.
HOW TO IDENTIFY FAKE APPLE ACCESSORIES?
You will find that genuine Apple Lightning to USB cables have specific text printed. There's also a serial number printed as well.
As previously mentioned, using uncertified or counterfeit accessories for your Apple Watch can damage your device. Or it can adversely affect operation.
Remember that Apple does not cover damage caused by using a third-party product. Particularly those that do not meet Apple's specifications. Apple recommends that you use the charger that came with your Apple Watch. It's the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable, Magsafe Duo Charger, or Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock.
Here's how you can identify if the accessories are genuine or fake:
- Compare packaging and writing on the cable. Look carefully at the accessory's packaging to identify counterfeit or uncertified cables and accessories. You should look at the accessory itself as well. You will find that third-party accessories have the MFi badge on their packaging.
- Compare connectors and laser etchings. To identify fake Lightning accessories, you can use the Lightning connector, USB connector, and laser etchings. Apple genuine chargers have "Designed by Apple and Assembled in China" printed on them.
- Typos. It will help if you are looking for any typos in spelling on the charging adaptor.
- Charging dock. Look at your Apple Watch's charging dock. If it does not have the exact curve on its wireless charging plate, then it's fake.
Here are some tips to keep yourself from using uncertified, counterfeit, or fake Apple Watch accessories and other Apple products accessories:
- You should stick with your original cables, adapters, and other accessories. It is authentic if the charger or accessory comes with the Apple Watch.
- You should purchase the charger and accessories for your Apple Watch directly from Apple or Apple-certified retailers. You buy them from Apple Shop at Best Buy or online retailers specializing in Apple products.
- Are you planning to return, sell, or give away your Apple Watch? You should keep the cables or charger that came with it for future use.
- You should look for white-only cables. You see, Apple's genuine accessories are always white. It is not off-white or any other colors. You should also look for the letters UL for global safety and
WHEN IS THE GOOD TIME TO CHARGE YOUR APPLE WATCH?
Apple reassures users like you that there is no harm in keeping your Apple Watch connected to the power for long periods. So you can go ahead and let your device charge overnight.
Moreover, you can use your Apple Watch for the entire day and then put it on charge for the night while you sleep. You can do this regardless of your Apple Watch's battery percentage. This practice is safe and incredibly convenient. And it will not disturb your schedule.
You need to ensure you are charging your device to full capacity and not running the risk of overcharging it. As such, you need to know how long it takes for your Apple Watch to gain a full recharge.
The charge time for Apple Watch is one and a half hours to go from zero to 80 percent, according to Apple. And two hours to go from zero to 100 percent.
HOW TO CHARGE YOUR APPLE WATCH?
You should set up your charger first. Place the charger of your Apple Watch on a flat surface in a well-ventilated area. Then, plug it into the power adapter and plug the adapter into a power outlet. Here's how you can begin charging your Apple Watch:
- Place the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable on the back of your Apple Watch. You will see that the open end of the charging cable magnetically snaps to the back of your Apple Watch. And it aligns it properly.
- You will hear a chime when charging begins. Then, you will see a charging symbol on the watch's face. The symbol is red when your Apple Watch needs power and turns green when the Apple Watch is charging.
- You can charge your Apple Watch in a flat position with its band open or on its side.
If you are using the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock or MagSafe Duo Charger, lay your Apple Watch on the dock. If your battery is very low, you may see an image of the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable and the low battery symbol on the screen.
If you want to save power when the battery of your Apple Watch is low, you should put your device in Power Reserve mode. In Power Reserve mode, your Apple Watch still displays time, but you can't use apps.
To turn on the Power Reserve mode, you should first touch and hold the bottom of the screen. Then, swipe to open the Control Center. After that, tap the battery percentage. Then, drag the Power Reserve slider to the right.
Do you have battery-powered devices connected to your Apple Watch through Bluetooth? Your Apple Watch alerts you when the battery charge drops to 10 percent or lower. The remaining charge appears on this screen. The device also allows you to enter Power Reserve mode.
BEST CHARGERS FOR APPLE WATCH
Choosing a suitable charger for your expensive Apple watch is essential. People purchase an Apple Watch because they are fans of the iPhone brand and its unique design.
Here are some of the Apple Watch chargers you can buy:
- 3-IN-1 WIRELESS CHARGER STAND - Discover a new way to charge with your new advanced-design 3-in-1 wireless charger stand. Quickly charge three Apple devices simultaneously while you sleep. Save time, avoid tangled cables, and enjoy getting compliments with your new wireless charger stand for your iPhone, Apple watch, and AirPods.
- WIRELESS CHARGER PAD FOR APPLE DEVICES - Reimagine how and where you charge with your new advanced-design 3-in-1 wireless charger for Apple watch, AirPods, & Apple iPhone. Quickly charge three devices at the same time. This charger starts the moment you place down your device. You will no longer need any cord to plug in and out, just place your device on the charger pad. Now you are free to enjoy your wireless and limitless charging experience.
- PORTABLE CHARGER FOR APPLE WATCH - Enjoy saving time and avoid tangled cables with this wireless travel charger for your Apple watch. Made with strong magnetic absorption allows for easy adjustments without deviating from the charging center. Simply plug the portable charger into a USB charging device and experience convenient charging anywhere you go.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.