Fitbit is considered one of the best names in fitness tracking wearables. It has several product models whose main purpose is step tracking and activity tracking. It also makes some feature-packed smartwatches.
- track your sleeping patterns
- keep track of the level of oxygen in your blood
- GPS track during exercise
- monitor and track your heart rate
- store and listen to music
- receive call and text notifications
Did you know that walking regularly can have positive effects on your fitness and general health? According to a study, adults who take 8,000 or more steps each day have a low risk of death from numerous diseases. Using a Fitbit watch can motivate you to go walking regularly. This activity tracker can also be worn when you're dressed for work or a night out.
Fitbit Watch Bands: Interchangeable or not?
Yes, Fitbit Watch bands are interchangeable. However, it depends on the model of your smartwatch. For example, you can use old Fitbit Versa bands with Versa 2 but they will not work on Versa 3.
Among the Fitbit bands that you can use with Versa 2 are the bands of the original Versa, and Versa Lite. Versa 3, on the other hand, has infinity bands, which are not the same bands used on the previously mentioned models.
Another example is the Fitbit Charge 3 which has bands that are compatible with Charge 4.
What's the best Fitbit for you?
There's not one best Fitbit for everybody. Everyone has different needs, budgets, and preferences. Don't have a Fitbit watch but you're thinking of buying one? Here are some of the best Fitbit smartwatches you can choose from.
- Fitbit Versa 3. Referred to as Fitbit's most popular smartwatch. Versa 3 has a great-looking display and comes with a built-in GPS. It is lightweight and comfortable as well as waterproof. You can use this smartwatch for up to six days before charging it. Versa 3 can receive smartphone notifications and make contactless payments via Fitbit Pay. It can also monitor your blood oxygen saturation, guide you through calming breathing exercises and track your sleep.
- Fitbit Charge 4. Called as one of the best fitness trackers you can buy. Charge 4 has on-board GPS and Spotify controls. It's simple and you can use it as everyday wear. You can make contactless payments through Fitbit Pay.
- Fitbit Charge 3. If you can live without an on-board GPS, this smartwatch is a good deal for you. Charge 3 has a bigger screen than Charge 2. This smartwatch comes with fitness features such as a heart rate tracker, guided breathing, and improved notifications. You can even swim in it. The battery life lasts for four to five days.
- Fitbit Versa 2. This smartwatch has an improved lightweight design and has an always-on display option. Versa 2 is one of the most versatile devices that the Fitbit offers. Through this smartwatch, you can use Amazon Alexa functionality and access a variety of third-party apps.
Bands for your preferred Fitbit Watch
Sometimes the bands that come with the smartwatch can be underwhelming. It might not be suitable for your taste and sense of style. Fortunately, there are a variety of replacement bands you can choose from for your specific type of Fitbit band.
For Fitbit Versa 3, you have:
- Woven band. This unique camo woven band will make your smartwatch stand out. The design of the band is inspired by the textile industry's space-dyed yarn. It is made of recycled plastic fibers which makes it feel cozy to wear.
- Soft TPU band. This waterproof band will fit nicely on your wrist without irritating your skin.
For Fitbit Charge 3 and Charge 4, you can choose:
- Wepro Silicone band. This waterproof and sweatproof band is perfect for sports lovers. This band is breathable and does not cost you much.
- Tobfic fabric band. This band is made from nylon fabric. It is available in different colors and is paired up with a stainless steel watch buckle to keep it in place.
- Marval.P leather band. This band is more stylish than the other leather bands that are compatible with the Charge look. It comes with a cuff-style option and has nine different colors you can choose from. This band uses a set of snap buttons to keep it in place.
- Meliya scrunchie band. This band looks like a scrunchie, which makes it popular among teenage girls. The scrunchie band is made from elastic cloth fabric. It also comes in a range of different looks and sizes. This band is washable and has no clasps or buckles.
For Fitbit Charge 2, you have:
- Silicone band. It is made with durable silicone material and surgical-grade stainless steel buckles. This band is perfect for everyday use.
- Genuine Leather wristband. With its genuine leather, this band pairs perfectly with your Charge 2. The buckle is made with stainless steel for a secure clasp.
- Milanese Loop band. This band is made with a flexible stainless steel mesh material. It also lacks a clasp. This made the band easy to adjust and comfortable to use.
- Stainless steel band. This band looks and feels like a standard wrist watch band. It is designed with high-quality, durable stainless steel which makes it easy to adjust.
How to clean your Fitbit band
If you want to keep your Fitbit smartwatch in working shape, you need to clean your band regularly. You should remember that you shouldn't use soap and cleaning wipes. Why, you ask? Because it may get underneath the strap which will begin to irritate your skin.
There are different ways for cleaning your Fitbit band as it varies on the band's type of material.
- For leather bands, you have to use a non-abrasive lint-free cloth to clean them. You can lightly dampen the cloth with water. After cleaning the leather band, let it air indoors at room temperature. Take note that high temperatures and direct sunlight will damage and discolor your band.
- For metal bands, you should only use a non-abrasive lint-free cloth. This kind of band is not water- or sweat-resistant so you shouldn't soak them with water. You can lightly dampen the cloth you're using for cleaning your band. Dry the band with a second cloth and make sure not to expose it to direct sunlight or high temperatures.
- For elastomer bands, you can rinse them with water after your workouts together with your wrist. You can use soap-free cleansers on the band. Dry it Thoroughly after.
- For silicone sport bands, you can clean them the way you clean elastomer bands. You should rinse them regularly with water. You can also use soap-free cleansers on the band.
- For woven or knit bands, you can clean them with a little cold water with a mild soap. Don't forget to rinse them properly and air-dry them after.
If you're looking for stores where you can buy your Fitbit watch band, you can browse at Spartan Watches' site. They offer a huge collection of high-quality Fitbit bands at affordable prices.