Best Apple Watch Band for Salt Water
The advancement of technology has made protection against moisture and dust in wearables become the standard. This is because people carry smartwatches and other similar gadgets with them almost around the clock. Without moisture and dust protection, your wearable might not last that long.
Apple Watch is water resistant, but not waterproof. You can wear and use your Apple Watch during exercise while exposed to sweat, in the rain, and while washing your hands.
Are you wondering whether you can use your wearable while you go swimming or do water activities? Yes, you can even wear and use it when shallow water swimming, including in the ocean. However, not all Apple Watch models can be used in saltwater.
The Apple Watch Series 2 is an example of a smartwatch you can use for shallow water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean.
But you should remember that you cannot use it for scuba diving or water skiing. You can't wear it while doing activities involving high velocity water or submersion below shallow depth.
What You Should Consider When Using Apple Watch in Salt Water
Before you go into the water with your Apple Watch, the following are the things you should keep in mind.
- Turn on the swimming mode. To turn on the swimming mode of your Apple Watch, open the control center and click on the drop icon. This will then lock the touchscreen and prevent accidental clicks.
To pause your swim, press the Digital Crown and side button of your Apple Watch at the same time. To resume your swim, press the Digital Crown and side button again.
To turn off the swimming mode after your water activity, turn the Digital Crown to unlock the screen. After that, swipe right, then tap the End button.
- Make sure you are using the right band. You should keep an eye out for what Apple Watch bands to use when you go swimming. Remember there are Apple Watch bands that are not water resistant. These bands are the classic buckle, leather loop, modern buckle, milanese and link bracelet bands. They should not be exposed to liquids.
What You Should Do After Swimming?
Leaving your Apple Watch to dry after you go swimming in the beach or any body of salt water is not advisable. It will most likely damage your Apple Watch. You should keep in mind that salt water can accelerate the corrosion of your watch components.
Here's what you should do after you finish swimming with your Apple Watch.
- Rinse your Apple Watch under running water. After you swim, make sure to rinse your Apple Watch under running water without strong pressure.
- Dry your smartwatch. Your Apple Watch and band should be dried using a soft, line-free cloth.
- Don't shake your Apple Watch. If your Apple Watch's speaker sounds muffled, you should not shake the watch to remove the water. You should also not insert anything into the openings like the microphone or speaker ports.
- Charge your smartwatch. If you want to speed up evaporation, you can simple charge your Apple Watch. This will replenish your depleted battery and, over time, the water from all the holes will evaporate by itself.
What are the Best Apple Watch Bands You Can Use in Saltwater?
If you want the best bands to use for your Apple Watch when you go swimming in the beach, sea or ocean, the sport band and sport loop are the right straps for you. Here are some of the bands which are perfect for you as you go about your water activities.
- Silicone Band. This band is smooth, colorful, flexible and highly durable. The silicone band is the best all-around band you can get which is made from premium quality silicone material. It is soft to the skin for an extremely comfortable and enjoyable wearing experience.
The silicone band has a simple and easy pin-and-tuck closure. This secures your Apple Watch comfortably around your wrist. This will also give you the option to adjust on the go easily. You can purchase this waterproof silicone watch band at Spartan Watches.
- Apple Sport Band. The Apple Sport Band is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer. This makes the band durable and strong, yet surprisingly soft at the same time.
Its smooth, dense material drapes elegantly across your wrist. It makes the band comfortable next to your skin. This band has an innovative pin-and-tuck closure which ensures a clean fit.
- Solo Loop. Spartan Watches solo loop for the Apple Watch features a unique, stretchable design. It has no clasps, buckles, or overlapping parts which makes it comfortable to wear.
This band is easy to slip on and off your wrist. It is swim-proof and sweat-proof so it can go just about anywhere you want to wear it. The solo loop is especially treated with UV to give the band a silky, smooth finish.
- NUKELOLO Band. This strap is available in various color combinations. It also has a useful TPU case for protection of your actual Apple Watch. The NUKELOLO Band is made of durable, flexible, lightweight material.
- IYOU Sport Band. It is available in various sizes and comes in multiple colors. This sport band features hypoallergenic nickel free stainless steel lugs on both ends. The IYOU Sport Band is made from silicone that is both comfortable and durable.
- Apple Nike Sport Band. This band is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer with compression-molded perforations for breathability. This makes the Nike Sport Band durable and strong as well as soft. This sport band comes with an innovative pin-and-tuck closure that ensures a clean fit.
- Apple Sport Loop Band. The Apple Sport Loop Band is soft, breathable, and lightweight. The sport loop features a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment.
This band has a double-layer nylon weave which has dense loops on the skin side. It provides soft cushioning while allowing moisture to escape. On the reverse side of the band, the attachment loops are securely anchored for superior durability.