More than a hundred million people are wearing an Apple Watch. Apple is seeing more people enter the wearables arena than buy a new iPhone.
You see, some individuals think that the Apple Watch is gorgeous, useful and the best smartwatch on the market. There are also others that see this wearable as little more than a status symbol.
The Apple Watch functions as a high-tech timekeeper and a health and fitness tracker. It's like a mini computer that you can wear on your wrist.
What are the Features of Apple Watch?
Are you still contemplating whether you should get an Apple Watch or not? It really comes down to how compelling any of the main features are for your lifestyle. Those features include not only timekeeping but also health and fitness tracking, as previously mentioned.
What makes the Apple Watch such an amazing wearable is the fact that most of what you can do on iPhone, you can do on your smartwatch. And you can do them conveniently.
The following are some of the features of the Apple Watch that you may find useful for you:
- Notifications. Notifications can appear on your wrist through your Apple Watch. What you get is a short summary of the information, providing the app name along with a brief bit of context. From there, you get to decide if you want to stop what you are doing and view more.
Just like on iPhone, your Apple Watch has a Notification Center. You can swipe down and glance at everything and anything that's come in. You can also quickly see what's happening and what, potentially, you need to take care of.
- Health and Fitness. With your Apple Watch, you can automatically track all the basics. These include standing and moving around as well as exercise, steps, and stairs climbed.
There is also the Workout app that's been specifically created to track your walks, runs, rides, rolls, and more. With improved water resistance for more recent Apple Watches, you can even track your swims and get detailed maps of your routes on land and sea.
- Apple Pay. Are you tired of fumbling for your wallet or your iPhone to pay for your purchases? With your Apple Watch, you simply press a button on your wearable, hold it close to the terminal, and you are done.
What makes this smartwatch even greater is that it's always right there on your wrist. It never reveals your real credit card number or personal information. And if it loses contact with your skin, it shuts off so no one else can use it.
- Communication. Your Apple Watch has basic phone and messaging features built right in. It is incredibly convenient, especially if you have a bigger iPhone you typically leave on a table or in a bag.
You can talk or text right from your Apple Watch, that is for short conversations or replies. For longer communications, you can start on your smartwatch and smoothly transition to your phone.
Why is Your Apple Watch Band Stuck?
With all these amazing features on your Apple Watch, it's important that you get the right band to go together with it. After months of using the same band, you probably want to change it for a new one.
The opportunity to change watch bands is one of the most useful customizations offered by the Apple Watch. You get the freedom to swap the wrist band to a strap that you find comfortable next to your skin and easily adjustable.
However, what if you find yourself in a dilemma wherein the band is stuck and won't come off? You might be wondering, how and why does this kind of situation happen? This seems to be more of a band than a watch issue.
You see, over time it seems that oil or gunk gets either into the watch band channel slot, or onto the ends of the bands themselves. So what should you do?
- Use some warm water and dish soap. Believe it or not, you can actually clean the connection point of the band with some warm water and dish soap.
- Use a non ammonia cleaner. You should clean the watch band channel slot and the ends of the band with a non ammonia cleaner occasionally.
If this issue persists, the next best thing you should do is to contact Apple Support. You can also make a Genius Bar reservation for further assistance.
What is the Best Band for Your Apple Watch?
Due to its customization feature, you can turn your simple looking Apple Watch into a wearable that suits your style. Here are some of the best bands that will go perfectly with your smartwatch.
- Apple Sport Band. This original watch band is still an excellent all-rounder. It is made of nicer materials than the knock-offs you will find on certain auction sites. This means you are not going to end up with odd things happening to your skin after a few hours of wear.
- Apple Sport Loop. This band is made from double-layer nylon and has a clever design on the skin side that uses larger loops. These loops are for cushioning and breathability. The Apple Sport Loop is really hard-wearing and comfortable.
- Apple Solo Loop. A band that wraps right round. The Apple Solo Loop is made from liquid silicone rubber. It features a unique, stretchable design with no clasps, buckles, or overlapping parts. This makes the band ultra comfortable to wear and easy to slip on and off your wrist.
- Apple Leather Loop. This watch band is perfect if you like wearing your Apple Watch to formal events or for work. The Venezia leather for this band is handcrafted in Arzignano, Italy. The magnets concealed within the soft, quilted leather. This allows you to simply wrap the band around your wrist for a precise fit and a trim look.
- Apple Braided Solo Loop. This band is made from a stretchable soft silicone material that's threaded to feel soft. The advantage here is that it looks slightly more formal than other bands but is still sweat and water resistant.