As you all know, wearable electronic devices are quickly becoming an integral segment of the consumer electronic industry. Among those wearables are the smartwatches which account for the largest share of end-consumer spending globally. And they are expected to keep growing.
Without a doubt, Apple is the leading wearable vendor worldwide. The Apple Watch has revolutionized the smartwatch industry and has more than half of the global smartwatch market.
There are several reasons why you should buy an Apple Watch. The main features of this wearable are for your lifestyle, which include not only timekeeping but health and fitness tracking, notifications, and communications. However, there is one neat feature that contributes to the growth of sales of Apple Watch.
This feature is the ability to customize the look of your Apple Watch for the occasion. You can change it to match your outfit of the day or if you get bored with how it looks.
What is the Reason Why Your Apple Watch Band is Not Coming Off?
As previously mentioned, one of the strongest points of the Apple Watch is its ability to be customized. Swapping out the wrist band is one of the most useful customizations offered for this wearable.
You see, there are some smartwatches that come with less convenient and uncomfortable bands. As such, you have the freedom to change it to a wrist band that you can easily adjust and is comfortable next to your skin. A new strap also changes both the look and the feel of your Apple Watch.
However, what if you find yourself in a situation wherein your Apple Watch band is not coming off? For example, one side removes fine while the other side refuses to eject. What should you do?
There are many ways to address this issue. But first, you should determine what causes your band to get stuck? You see, over time it seems that oil or gunk gets either into the watch band channel slot, or onto the ends of the bands themselves. Here's what you can do.
- Use a non ammonia cleaner. You might need to clean the watch band channel slot and the ends of the band with a non ammonia cleaner occasionally.
- Use some warm water and dish soap. Surprisingly, you can clean the connection point with some warm water and dish soap.
If the issue persists, it's better if you contact Apple Support or make a Genius Bar reservation for further assistance.
How to Change Your Apple Watch Band?
You have to make sure you use a band that corresponds to your Apple Watch case size. Keep in mind that bands for 38mm and 40mm cases are compatible with each other, and bands for 42mm and 44mm cases are compatible with each other.
- First, place your Apple Watch face down over a clean surface like a lint-free, microfiber cloth or soft, padded mat.
- If you have a link bracelet, what you should do is press the quick release button on a link to separate the band into two pieces.
- Next, hold down the band release button. Then, slide the band across to remove it.
- If the band doesn't slide out, you should press the band release button again and make sure that you hold it down.
- Next, make sure that the test on the band is facing you. Then, slide the new band in until you feel and hear a click.
What if you have a Solo Loop or Braided Solo Loop? What you should do is to simply pull from the bottom of the band to stretch it over your wrist when you put it on and take it off.
If you are using the Milanese Loop, you could open the band completely by sliding the magnetic closure through the band connector, or lug.
What are the Best Apple Watch Bands for You?
Do you want to level up your style? From stainless steel to silicone, there is an Apple Watch band for every purpose. Here are some of the best bands that might come perfect to you.
- Apple Watch Sport Loop. Referred as the best overall Apple Watch band. The Sport Loop is a soft, breathable and lightweight band that comes with a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment.
The Apple Watch Sport Loop utilizes a double-layer nylon design that features extra cushion and comfort. This makes it ideal for many activities and all-day wear. Since nylon is breathable, you can wear the sport loop band straight from a morning workout to a morning meeting.
- Apple Nike Sport Band. This band is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer with compression-molded perforations for breathability. The Nike Sport Band is durable and strong, yet surprisingly soft.
This band features durable synthetic rubber with a pinhole design for ultimate breathability. The smooth, dense material drapes elegantly across your wrist and feels comfortable next to your skin.
- Apple Milanese Loop Band. If you want the best Apple Watch band for the office, the Milanese Loop band is the right one for you. This band is a great choice when you want something more professional than silicone, but aren't into a leather strap.
The Apple Milanese Loop band features a woven design of stainless steel, in rose gold, silver or black. This results in a flexible fit and comfortable yet sturdy band that you can wear with professional clothes. And because this band is fully magnetic, the Milanese Loop is infinitely adjustable, ensuring a perfect fit.
- Nomad Modern Strap. This strap is referred to as the best leather Apple Watch band. The Nomad Modern Strap, which is made for Horween leather, is high quality, highly rated, and provides a comfortable fit.
- Secbolt thin leather band. This is the best skinny Apple Watch band which is perfect if you have small wrists. The genuine leather wrist strap with fine stitching conforms easily to small wrists, and the leather strap can be adjusted to wrist size, thanks to the stainless steel buckle.