Did you know that smartwatches are the wearables that account for the largest share of end-consumer spending globally? And it is expected to keep growing!
According to Statista, smartwatch shipments worldwide are forecast to grow in the following years. It is expected to increase from 69.3 million units in 2019 to over 109 million units by 2023.
With these facts, it is also expected that the sales of smartwatch bands will grow as well. Why? Because they have this neat feature wherein you can customize the look of your smartwatch for the occasion. Or you can change it if you get bored with how it looks.
Smartwatch Bands, Are They Universal?
Possibly the strongest point of smartwatches is their ability to be customized. Swapping out the wrist band is one of the most useful customizations offered for this device. This is a great feature as there are some smartwatches that come with less convenient and uncomfortable bands.
Most smartwatches, like Apple and Samsung, allow for interchangeable watch bands. A new band or strap changes both the look and the feel of your smartwatch. You can match your smartwatch to your outfit of the day or for an occasion by changing its band. At the same, you also have the freedom to choose what band is comfortable for you to wear.
What are the Best Smartwatch Bands?
There are various types of smartwatch bands you can choose from:
- Stainless steel link bands
- Silicone bands
- Leather bands
- Mesh bands
- Sport bands
- Canvas bands
- Waterproof bands
You can purchase these bands in several stores like Apple, Samsung, and Spartan Watches.
If you want to level up your style, here are some of the best bands that might come perfect for you:
- Longvadon Caiman Series. Considered the best overall smartwatch band. The Longvadon Caiman Series is available in a variety of bands and hardware color combinations. These bands are compatible with the 38mm, 40mm, 42mm, and 44mm smartwatches.
- Nomad Sport Strap. If you want the best waterproof band, the Nomad Sport Strap is the right one for you. This durable silicone sport strap is a hypoallergenic band that offers smooth comfort.
The Nomad Sport Strap is built to withstand rough and rugged conditions. It is compatible with the 42mm and 44mm smartwatches.
- Hermès Single Tour Deployment Buckle. Tagged as the best luxe band. The Hermès Single Tour Deployment Buckle has a couple of patterns you can choose from. This most recommended is the solid light brown calfskin band with a polished silver deployment buckle. This strap fits the 38mm, 40mm, 42mm, and 44mm smartwatches.
- Shinola Aniline Leather Watch Strap. If you are into leather bands, the Shinola Aniline Leather Watch Strap is perfect for you. Referred to as the best leather band, this strap is neatly crafted out of hand-sewn leather. It has a simple design which makes it a great everyday band.
This strap is available in black leather and features a polished silver-plated buckle. This band is compatible with 42mm and 44mm smartwatches.
- Ritche Silicone Watch Band. Silicone is comfortable and formable and at the same time stylish and durable. If you want to use a silicone band, the Ritche Silicone Watch Band is the right choice.
What makes this band different from other silicone bands is the geometric pattern carved into it. The Ritche Silicone Watch Band is sweat-resistant and comes in a variety of colors.
Why People Buy Smartwatches
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, smartwatch shipments worldwide are expected to increase to over 109 million units by 2023. Why do you think people purchase a smartwatch?
A rise and fall of consumer intentions for buying a smartwatch have been observed. However, they have overall remained relatively stable over the past few years.
Consumers purchase smartwatches mainly for fitness purposes. They found fitness to be the most important feature of smartwatches. This is followed by communication and maps. Smartwatches can do more than that. These devices can perform a majority of functions. It can check your notifications, do GPS tracking, and navigate.
- Smartwatches don't just tell time. Did you know that wristwatches are becoming less and less popular due to the advent of the smartphone? It's because smartphones can tell the time, has a calendar, and has an alarm.
However, when smartwatches emerged on the market, they suddenly changed the trend. It is not only because your smartwatch has the basic watch features. This device can do some of the things that a smartphone can do. It is like a mini smartphone but you wear it on your wrist.
- It makes finding a phone or device easier. Losing a smartphone or any device can be frustrating. Especially if you are the type to easily forget where you put your things. Your smartphone can help you with that.
Most of the smartwatches have a Find Phone feature. This feature lets you connect your phone or any device to your smartwatch. Thus, through your smartwatch, you will be able to ring your phone whenever you wish.
And if you lost your phone, just press a few buttons on your smartwatch to locate it in seconds. How convenient!
- Work as good as a fitness tracker, albeit even more. As you know, several smartwatches have fitness tracking as their core feature. Your smartwatch can help you keep up with your fitness goals.
In terms of fitness tracking, your smartwatch can count your steps, distance, calories, heart rate, and sleep. There are also other smartwatches that can do beyond this. They can calculate other important metrics that you might need.
- You can reply to messages and receive calls instantly. You won't need to bring your phone out of your pocket to reply to messages or receive calls. You can do those things on the go by using your smartwatch.
- Social media notifications. Some smartwatches can show your messages and social media activity. There are also others that will allow you to interact with the application.
If you are a fan of mobility and ease of use, then a smartwatch is perfect for you. And with the best band, you will have a device that is convenient as well as stylish, and eye-catching.