There are a number of reasons why people choose the Apple Watch as their wearable. There are some who buy an Apple Watch because they want to spend less time on their iPhone and more time out and about. There are others who want to be able to glance at a call or message without fishing for their phone from their bag.
Almost all wanted this device for its features. After all, the Apple Watch is like a mini smartphone you can wear on your wrist.
Your Apple Watch has several features that can be really useful to you, especially if you are looking for a partner for your fitness goals. These features include:
- Health and Fitness
- Apple Pay
- Remote Control
Together with these features, there is also the ability to customize their wearable. Customizing is a way you can give your things a sense of ownership. It also allows you to connect to your Apple Watch.
There are several ways you can customize your Apple Watch. One of which is giving it your own brand of style. Perhaps giving it your favorite color or placing a sticker on it.
For your Apple Watch, you can simply just change your wrist band to match your style, your outfit of the day or the occasion.
Are Apple Watch Bands Reversible?
Knowing how important your watch band is, you are probably wondering how you can correctly change your Apple Watch band as well as whether or not it is reversible.
It is unlikely that your band is reversible. But this doesn't mean that reversing your band is the only thing you can do to customize your Apple Watch.
You can actually change your watch band! Are you going to wear the device during your workout? You can use the Apple Sport Band or the Apple Sport Loop. Do you want it around your wrist while at a meeting or while attending an event? You can use the Apple Leather Loop.
There is a band for you in every occasion and activity.
How to Change your Apple Watch Band?
Before you change your Apple Watch band, you should make sure that you are using a band that corresponds to your Apple Watch case size. Keep in mind that the band you are planning to use is compatible with your device.
Bands for 38mm and 40mm cases are compatible with each other. Bands for 42mm and 44mm, on the other hand, are compatible with each other.
The following are steps on how you can change your band:
- First, place your Apple Watch face down over a clean surface like a lint-free, microfiber cloth or soft, padded mat.
- If you have a Link Bracelet, you should press the quick release button on a link. This is to separate the band into two pieces.
- Next, hold down the band release button. Then, slide the band across to remove it.
- If the band doesn't slide out, what you should do is to simply press the band release button again. Make sure that you hold it down.
- Next, make sure that the text on the band is facing you. Then slide the new band in until you feel and hear a click.
How about if you have a Solo Loop or Braided Solo Loop?
If you have a Solo Loop or Braided Solo Loop, you can just simply pullo from the bottom of the band. This is to stretch it over your wrist when you put it on and take it off.
If you are using the Milanese Loop:
You can open the band completely by sliding the magnetic closure through the band connector or lug.
How to Clean Your Apple Watch Band
Apart from knowing how to change your watch band, you should also learn how to clean it. You see, wearables such as the Apple Watch are like smartphones that need to be cleaned and disinfected.
Even without the threat of the coronavirus, you should still clean your Apple Watch band regularly. You see, this is to prevent sweat, bacteria, and dirt from building up. It's because it can cause irritation to your skin.
Keep in mind that you should also avoid certain substances from coming into contact with your wearable. These substances are insect repellant, alcohol, makeup, sunscreen, perfume, and other lotions.
Here's how you can clean and dry your Apple Watch band:
First, you should remove the band from your Apple Watch before you start cleaning.
For leather bands, here are the steps you should do:
- Wipe the leather portions of the bands clean with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If you think it's necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water.
- Remember not to soak leather bands in water. That's because leather bands are not water resistant.
- Let the band air dry thoroughly before you attach it to your Apple Watch. Don't store leather bands in direct sunlight, at high temperatures, or in high humidity.
For Solo Loop, Sport Band, and Nike Sport Band, here are the things you should do:
- Wipe the band clean with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If you think it's necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water. With these bands, you can also use mild hypoallergenic hand soap for cleaning.
- Dry the band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth before you attach it to your Apple Watch.
For all other bands, buckles, and closures, here's what you should do:
- Wipe the band clean with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If you think its necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water.
- After that, dry the band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth before you attach it to your Apple Watch.
If you have allergies or skin sensitivities, the following are some tips to avoid skin irritation.
- Wear your Apple Watch with the right fit. It should be not too tight, not too loose, and with room for your skin to breathe. This will keep you comfortable.
- Keep your Apple Watch and bands, as well as your skin, clean and dry. This will maximize comfort and prevent long-term damage to the watch.
- Pick the right Apple Watch and band. You should check the materials in each Apple Watch and band. This is especially important if you have known allergies or sensitivities to substances like metals or plastics.
Share this post
- Tags: Apple, Apple watch, APPLE WATCH BAND, APPLE WATCH BANDS, APPLE WATCH STRAP, APPLE WATCH STRAPS, SPARTAN WATCH COMPANY, SPARTAN WATCHES