No one can deny the fact that the Apple Watch is a useful device and at the same a cool-looking wearable. It can monitor your health, and track your efforts when exercising and doing workouts. It can take calls on your wrist and can cycle through the music and emails on your iPhone.
The Apple Watch is the perfect device for those who need the extra motivation to get moving. It tracks your movement and sends reminders through the on-screen display and haptic pulses. This can motivate you to get standing, walking, and exercising.
It's also a device designed to liberate you from your smartphone due to its convenience. You see, with just a few clicks, your Apple Watch can eliminate some of the emailing, texting, and music browsing, which you normally do on your iPhone.
Charging Your Apple Watch
Do you want to use your Apple Watch for most of the day while enjoying its feature of tracking sleep at night? You should adopt a good daily charging habit.
The battery life of the Apple Watch is estimated to last for 18 hours with typical use. When charging your Apple Watch, you could expect that it will take 90 minutes to charge the battery from zero percent to 80 percent.
If you want to keep your Apple Watch battery topped off for around-the-clock wearability, you should charge your Apple Watch for 60 to 90 minutes. This way you can use your device during the day and at night you can use it to track your sleep.
It is recommended that you charge your Apple Watch for 60 to 90 minutes every evening before bed. You can also charge your wearable for around 30 to 45 minutes in the morning, perhaps when you're getting ready or showering. Then, another 30 to 45 minutes in the evening before bedtime.
To charge your Apple Watch, just follow these steps:
- First, handle your Apple Watch and accessories safely. Make sure you always take off your wearable before charging it.
- Next, plug the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable or Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock into a USB power adapter.
- Then, plug the adapter into a power outlet. If you want, you can also plug the charging cable into a USB port.
- Make sure that you position the back of your Apple Watch on the charger. The charger's magnets align your Apple Watch. You will see the battery charging icon on your Apple Watch face.
- You should give your Apple Watch time to charge. You will find that while your device is charging, your Apple Watch goes into Nightstand mode.
Is a 12w charger Compatible with the Apple Watch?
According to Apple Watch users, there is no risk or danger in using the 12W charger to charge your wearable. You see, the charging circuit in all Apple devices is smart. It will only ever draw as much power as it requires. Take note that it cannot be overcharged and it cannot receive more power than it needs as well.
You can use Apple 10W and 12W USB power adapters to charge your Apple Watch. You just need to connect your device to the power adapter with the Apple Watch charger that came with your wearable.
You can also charge your Apple Watch with other third-party power adapters that are compliant with USB 2.0 or later. The charger should come with the applicable country regulations and international and regional safety standards. If it doesn't meet the applicable safety standards, it could pose a risk of death or injury.
Apple advised that you do not use damaged cables or chargers, or charging when moisture is present. Doing so can cause fire, electric shock, injury or damage to your Apple Watch or other property.
Make sure that the cable or dock is fully inserted into the power adapter before you plug the adapter into a power outlet. It's important that you keep your Apple Watch, cable or dock, and the power adapter in a well-ventilated area when you use them.
What are the Best Apple Watch Chargers?
Do you want to keep your Apple Watch from sliding off your charger? Do you prefer to prop the face up of the device to use it in Nightstand mode? Or perhaps you want a replacement cable or charger for your desk or luggage? The following are some of the best Apple Watch chargers and stands:
- Spigen S350 Apple Watch Stand. Referred to as the best basic charging stand. The Spigen S350 Apple Watch Stand can charge your Apple Watch upright and not slide around. It comes with a lip on the front that keeps your watch from sliding off when charging.
- Elago's W3 Stand. This is the perfect accessory if you want to turn your charging puck into a cute-as-a-button miniature classic Macintosh. At the same time, it is functional, stable, and affordable. The Elago's W3 Stand is made entirely of silicon, which makes it stay in place on a desk or nightstand. This stand works with both open and closed watch bands.
- Ugreen Magnetic Charging Cable for Apple Watch. Called as the best replacement for an Apple Watch charging cable. This cable can charge your Apple Watch just as fast as the Apple original. The only difference is that it has a slightly larger puck at the end. The Ugreen Magnetic Charging Cable can charge your drained Apple Watch from zero to 36 percent in half an hour.
- Choetech Portable Charger for Apple Watch. Referred to as the best Apple Watch power band for travel. You can use the Choetech Portable Charger if you need to charge your Apple Watch while you are away from an outlet. Or you don't want to carry a charging cable. This power bank can charge your Apple Watch around seven times on the integrated charging pad.
The Choetech Portable Charger comes with a plastic dock, which serves dual purposes. It is a convenient place to hold and charge the power bank. You can also use it to prop up your Apple Watch for Nightstand mode.