Do you think you need more sleep? Or better sleep? While you are asleep each night, your body typically goes through several sleep cycles. These cycles last on average 90 minutes.
In each cycle you alternate between two types of sleep, which are Light Sleep and Deep Sleep, and Rapid Eye Movement (REM) Sleep.
With less brain activity than REM sleep, non-rapid eye movement (NREM) includes the stages of light sleep and deep sleep. Periods of deep sleep are typically longer early in the night.
RED Sleep, on the other hand, is associated with vivid dreams. REM sleep periods are typically longer as the night goes on.
It is most common during a sleep cycle to go from light sleep to deep sleep, back to light sleep, and then to REM sleep. The cycle generally repeats, but sleep patterns vary naturally.
Why You Should Track Your Sleep on Your Fitbit
If you want to track your sleep and have a better understanding of your sleep patterns and quality, you can wear your Fitbit.
- Help you recognize patterns for behavior. The main health benefit in tracking your sleep is to help you recognize patterns for behavior that may affect your health. Your Fitbit can be helpful if you are trying to extend or lengthen sleep time.
Your wearable can provide you the data on how many hours of sleep you are actually logging every night. It can also inform you of how many days in a week or month you are cutting your rest short.
- Help assess sleep issues. If you have sleep problems, you can collect the required data about your slumber habits using your Fitbit. This way you can collect your data through an app and give it to a sleep specialist to help assess your sleep issues. You won't even need to spend the night in a sleep lab.
- Alert you on how much sleep you are missing out. Your Fitbit can be particularly helpful if you are suffering from insufficient sleep syndrome. This involves not allowing enough time in bed to get an adequate amount of sleep. Your wearable will alert you to how much sleep you are actually missing out on.
Other benefits of tracking your sleep are:
- Lessen your likelihood of obesity, since sleep deprivation can increase appetite
- Reduce your risk of diabetes and heart problems
- Decrease your chance of motor vehicle accidents
- Improve your concentration, reaction time, and memory
- Boost your moods and creativity
- Enhance your immune system to help ward off colds and infections
- Increase regulation of appetite, energy use, and weight control
How Does Your Fitbit Device Track Sleep?
You don't have to worry about your Fitbit while you are asleep. Why? It's because all wrist-based Fitbit devices automatically detect your sleep when you wear your device to bed.
How do you wear your Fitbit to sleep? It is recommended that you wear your device in a snug wristband while sleeping. Make sure you don't wear your Fitbit in a clip or pendant accessory.
It is when your body is completely at rest and you haven't moved for about an hour that your Fitbit device records that you are asleep.
Your Fitbit tracks your sleep pattern, which includes your time spent awake, restless, and asleep. Restless sleep indicates that you moved in your sleep, like tossing and turning.
If your Fitbit device detects excessive movement, enough that restful sleep would not be possible, your wearable records time spent awake.
What Fitbit Bands Should You Use for Sleeping?
- Silicone Band. This band is made from silicon material that is soft to the skin, making it very comfortable to use. The silicone band comes with a 100 percent stainless steel buckle clasp to hold your Fitbit device in place. This allows maximum comfort.
The silicone strap is both durable and fashionable, and comes with a wide range of colors.
- Nylon Band. Spartan Watches' nylon band is crafted from the finest canvas and nylon materials. This strap is designed for increased breathability and enhanced comfort. The nylon band has a hook and loop buckle closure that adequately secures the device on your wrist.
- QIBOX Silicone Sport Band. This strap gives you a breathable and comfortable band that fits seamlessly to your Fitbit device. The QIBOX Silicone Sport Band offers a pin-and-tuck closure style. This is to ensure that the strap stays where you want it.
- hooroor Canvas Woven Band. It is made from high-quality materials. These materials make sure that your band will last long, lightweight, and look fantastic. The hooroor Canvas Woven Band comes with a stainless steel buckle to ensure a secure fit. With how fit this band is, you might even forget you have it on.
- Wepro TPU band. If you want a band that is both comfortable and stylish at the same time, the Wepro TPU band is an outstanding option for you.
This band is made from a very soft material. It also comes in a wide variety of colors. It has perforations the entire length of it so that the band has great airflow. This allows the band to never feel restrictive on your wrist.
- HAPAW Nylon Band. The HAPAW Nylon Band is made from a very lightweight, breathable fabric to allow for extended wear times. This strap features a buckle-free clasp system. This creates a personalized fit so you can get it just right. The material of this band is also washable.
You can purchase your high-quality Fitbit bands at affordable prices at Spartan Watches. Spartan Watches has various bands including the leather bands, silicone bands, stainless steel bands, among others.
All of the bands from Spartan Watches are backed by the company's 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. This means that if you are satisfied with the strap you bought, you may return it within 30 days of the date it was delivered. You will also receive a refund or store credit.