Sleep is an important thing to optimize. Tracking your sleep will allow you to check if you are getting enough of it.
You see, lack of quality sleep has a detrimental effect on your mood. It will also affect weight loss, exercise performance, recovery, energy, and productivity. Your lack of sleep will also affect your immune system strength, cardiovascular function, and brain health.
Experts say that getting the recommended seven to nine hours per night can:
- Lessen your likelihood of obesity. Believe it or not, sleep deprivation can increase appetite.
- Reduce your risk of diabetes and heart problems
- Improve your concentration, reaction time, and memory
- Enhance your immune system to help ward off colds and infections
- Increase regulation of appetite, energy use, and weight control
- Decrease your chance of motor vehicle accidents
- Boost your moods and creativity
HOW TO TRACK YOUR SLEEP WITH YOUR FITBIT?
Tracking your sleep enables you to identify and improve on potential issues and risks related to sleep deficiency. You can use your Fitbit device to help you sleep your way to healthier habits.
Here's how you can use your Fitbit device to sleep better.
- Get your sleep schedule on track. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC recommends that adults get at least 7 hours of sleep each night. You can use your Fitbit device to achieve that. How?
You can get your sleep on track by setting a sleep goal in the Fitbit app. The app will suggest ideal times to go to bed and wake up to meet your goal. You can also adjust these times if needed.
- Charge your device before you sleep. Before you get tucked in, you should ensure your Fitbit device is fully charged. Take note: a low battery will prevent your Fitbit from tracking your sleep stages.
- Use Smart Wake. You should avoid waking up during deep sleep. This way, you are more likely to wake up feeling refreshed. When you set an alarm in the Alarms app, you should use Smart Wake. This will allow your watch to find the best time to wake you, starting 30 minutes before the set time.
- Secure your device on your wrist. Fitbit estimates your sleep stages using a combination of your movement and heart rate patterns. You should make sure you are wearing your Fitbit properly. This is to allow your device to get the most accurate reading.
You should also wear your Fitbit with a snug band. You should also avoid wearing the pendant accessory while sleeping. The heart rate tracking will not work with certain accessory bands, especially if the bands are loose-fitting.
- Check your sleep data. Are you determined to adjust your sleep habits? First, you must figure out how much sleep you are getting. You should also see whether or not it works for you.
Check your sleep data in the morning. This is to find patterns in your sleep habits and adjust your schedule accordingly.
What is the Best Fitbit Band for Sleeping?
Here are some of the best Fitbit bands you can use while sleeping.
- Wepro TPU band. The Wepro TPU band is an excellent option if you want a band that is both comfortable and stylish. This band is made from a very soft material. It also comes in a wide variety of colors.
The Wepro TPU bandhas perforations the entire length of it so that the band has great airflow. This allows the band to never feel restrictive on your wrist.
- hooroor Canvas Woven Band. This band is made from high-quality materials. These materials make the band long-lasting, lightweight, and look fantastic. The hooroor Canvas Woven Band has a stainless steel buckle to ensure a secure fit. With how fit this band is, you might even forget you have it on.
- HAPAW Nylon Band. This band is made from a very lightweight, breathable fabric to allow for extended wear times. The HAPAW Nylon Band features a buckle-free clasp system. This creates a personalized fit so you can get it just right. The material of this band is also washable.
You can choose your preferred Fitbit bands at Spartan Watches. Among its selection of bands include silicone bands, nylon bands, Milanese bands, stainless steel bands, leather bands, and others.
FITBIT FEATURES TO IMPROVE YOUR SLEEP?
Sleep affects every part of your life. This includes your health, your mood, and more. Sleep can help you perform at your best, stay productive, and fight weight gain and depression.
The following are features of your Fitbit device that can help you improve your sleeping habits.
- Auto Sleep Tracking and Alarms. Wearing your Fitbit tracker at night will automatically record your sleep. You can review your sleep duration and more in the Fitbit app.
You can also set a silent alarm in the Fitbit app. Your tracker will wake you up with a quiet vibration.
- Sleep Stages. Your Fitbit device can measure the time you spent in each sleep stage and the time you spent awake. This is through using the device's PurePulse heart rate and sensitive motion detectors.
This feature will make it easy for you to understand your sleep quality. You can also learn whether you spent enough time in each sleep stage.
- Sleep Schedule. Your Fitbit device can help you stay on track. This is done by recommending a personalized sleep schedule based on your sleep goal, recent trends, and wake-up target.
You can also get bedtime reminders that notify you when to turn in for the night.
ARE YOU READY TO GET MORE FROM YOUR APPLE WATCH?
Kindle Unlimited subscribers can access it for free! This book is filled with useful tips and tricks for all Apple Watch series, including the latest Ultra 2 and Series 9, making it perfect for both beginners and seasoned users.
Dive into this guide and start enjoying your Apple Watch to its fullest!
Thank you for spending time with us! If this article has been useful to you, we'd be thrilled if you could share it on social media. Your sharing helps fellow Apple Watch enthusiasts discover these helpful tips. We greatly appreciate your support!
Please note, this post includes affiliate links. When you make a purchase through our Amazon links, we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Your support is vital in helping our family-owned business flourish. A heartfelt thank you for being a part of our growth journey!