When shopping for an Apple Watch band, you should take note of the case size of your wearable. You have to make sure that the watch band's adapter fits correctly on your Apple Watch.
To look for the case size of your Apple Watch, you could find it engraved on the back of your device. Take note that the engraving is small and can be difficult to read. So, how can you easily find your watch size? Here's how:
- First, open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Next, click on "All Watches," which you can find on the top left of the screen. From there you can verify the case or watch size of your Apple Watch.
If you are ordering online for your preferred Apple Watch band, you only need to select the appropriate size.
What is the Right Apple Watch Size for You?
If you are still looking for an Apple Watch or you're planning to buy a new one, you might be wondering, which Apple Watch should you get? Should you get the Apple Watch 44mm or the Apple Watch 40mm?
You will find that both the Apple Watch 40mm and 44mm are identical, except for the display size.
The 44mm Apple Watch is the largest version of this wearable. The 40mm Apple Watch has a screen size that is slightly bigger than the 38mm Apple Watch. The 44mm wearable has more official watch bands available while the 40mm Apple Watch is perfect for people who have smaller wrists.
The 44mm case has a 977 sq mm display area, with a display size of 448 x 368 pixels. The 40mm case, on the other hand, has a 759 sq mm display area, with 394 x 324 pixels.
There is no difference when it comes to the thickness or thinness of the Apple Watch 40mm and 44mm. You see, unlike traditional mechanical or digital watches, the Apple Watch case has to hold a Retina display. The case also holds the chipset, battery, and sensors.
As for the battery life, the 44mm Apple Watch has a slightly bigger battery than the 40mm watch since it has more room in the casing.
What are the Best Bands for 44mm and 40mm Apple Watch?
Apple offers some bands in some sizes. There are specific bands that are only available for a certain case size.
The 40mm Apple Watch-specific bands are the Modern Buckle, Hermès Single Tour (certain colors), and Hermès Double Tour. For 44mm, its specific bands are the Leather Loop, Hermès Single Tour (certain colors), and Hermès Single Tour Deployment Buckle.
The following are some of the best official bands for both Apple Watch 40mm and 44mm:
- Apple Sport Band. The Apple Sport Band is an excellent all-rounder watch band. It is made of nicer materials than the knock-offs you will find on auction sites. Since it is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer.
Wearing the Apple Sport Band will not leave you with odd things happening to your skin after a few hours of wear. It is durable and strong as well as soft. The smooth, dense material of this watch band drapes elegantly across your wrist. This makes this strap comfortable next to your skin. It comes with an innovative pin-and-tuck closure as well.
- Apple Sport Loop. Apple's nylon bands are really hard-wearing and comfortable. The Apple Sport Loop is made from double-layer nylon. You will find that this band has a clever design on the skin side that uses larger loops. These loops are for cushioning and breathability.
The Apple Sport Loop is lightweight and features a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment. And on the reverse side of this band is the attachment loops which are securely anchored for superior durability.
- Apple Solo Loop. This band is made from liquid silicone rubber. The Apple Solo Loop features a unique, stretchable design. It has no clasps, buckles, or overlapping parts. This makes the watch band ultra comfortable to wear and easy to slip on and off your wrist.
Each band is actually specially treated with UV. This gives the watch band a silky, smooth finish. Moreover, it's swim proof and sweatproof. The Apple Solo Loop also comes in several dark and bright colors.
- Apple Nike Sport Band. This band has the toughness and design simplicity of the normal Sport Band. In addition, it has those compression-molded perforations, or some would call them holes.
These holes actually make a big difference to the long-term comfort of the Apple Watch. That's because these holes enable your skin to breathe under the strap. It also comes with an innovative pin-and-tuck closure which ensures a clean fit.
- Apple Leather Loop. Yes, it is a pricey official strap, but it is an excellent band. The Apple Leather Loop has a clever segmented magnetic closure which makes you get a precise and comfortable fit every time. The magnets are concealed within the soft, quilted leather.
This is the perfect band to wear together with your Apple Watch 44mm if you are attending formal events. The Apple Leather Loop comes in yellow, brown or black.
- Apple Braided Solo Loop. This band is made from stretchable soft silicone that is threaded to feel soft. It features a unique design, making it ultra comfortable and easy to slip on and off your wrist.
The Apple Braided Solo Loop looks slightly more formal than the other bands. Moreover, it is sweat and water resistant.
- Apple Modern Buckle. This band is perfect with the 40mm Apple Watch. The Apple Modern Buckle is a smooth leather with a large rectangular buckle. That buckle is actually a two-piece magnetic closure that is simple to secure.
Apple also added an inner layer of Vectran weave for strength and stretch resistance. It is actually the same material NASA used to make the landing airbags for the Mars rover spacecraft.
- Apple Milanese Loop. The Apple Milanese Loop is one of the sought-after Apple Watch bands. The smooth stainless steel mesh of this band wraps fluidly around your wrist. And since it's fully magnetic, the Apple Milanese Loop is infinitely adjustable. This ensures that you will get a perfect fit.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.