The Solo Loop is the first Apple Watch band made from liquid silicone. This strap is a continuous length of material with no clasp, notches, or hardware to touch the wrist. Silicone is generally considered to be hypoallergenic; the body tolerates it well. Since it has no clasp, the Solo Loop is springy and durable enough to stretch the band over the hand. And it holds its original snug shape on the wrist.
Moreover, it has no loops, holes, or metal bits to dig into your wrist. The stretchy nature of the Solo Loop indicates that it flexes along with hand and wrist movement. This smooth and seamless watch band will stay clean longer since silicone is among the most accessible materials to clean.
The Right Way to Take Off Your Solo Loop Apple Watch
Taking off your Solo Loop is easy because of its stretchable design. You only need to pull from the bottom of the band to stretch it over your wrist.
How to Clean Your Solo Loop Band?
As previously mentioned, silicone is among the most accessible materials to clean. So, to clean your Solo Loop band, you only need to follow these steps:
- First, clean your Solo Loop band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If you think it is necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water. You can also use mild, hypoallergenic hand soap for cleaning.
- Next, dry the band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth before you attach it to your Apple Watch.
Can you use a disinfectant on your Apple Watch and band? Fortunately, you can.
You can use a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe, 75 percent ethyl alcohol wipe, or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. You can gently wipe the exterior surfaces of your Apple Watch and your Solo Loop.
Make sure not to use products containing bleach or hydrogen peroxide. You should avoid getting moisture in any openings of your Apple Watch. And do not submerge your wearable device in any cleaning agents.
To clean and dry your Apple Watch, you only need to follow these steps:
- First, make sure to turn off your Apple Watch. Remember to remove it from the charger.
- Next, remove your watch band from your wearable device.
- Wipe your Apple Watch clean with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If you think it's necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water. Or you can hold the Apple Watch under lightly running, warm, fresh water for 10 to 15 seconds. Make sure not to use any soap and other cleaning products.
- After all, dry your Apple Watch. It would help if you used a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. Make sure to include the surface of the back crystal.
Apple does not recommend polishing or buffing the Apple Watch with abrasives.
How about the Digital Crown? Check for debris if the Digital Crown gets stuck or will not move. Wipe down your Apple Watch. If you find substances like dust or lotion around the Digital Crown, you should follow these steps to clean it:
- First, turn off your Apple Watch. Make sure to remove it from the charger.
- Next, remove your watch band from your wearable device.
- Hold the Digital Crown under lightly running, warm, fresh water from a faucet for 10 to 15 seconds. Don't use soaps and other cleaning products to clean the Digital Crown.
- Continuously turn and press the Digital Crown as water runs over the small gap between the crown and the housing.
- After that, dry your Apple Watch. You can use an absorbent, non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. Make sure to wipe the surface of the Digital Crown and the surface between the Digital Crown and the watch case. You should also wipe the surrounding surfaces, removing any water.
It would help to keep your Apple Watch, Solo Loop band, and skin clean and dry. It will maximize comfort and prevent long-term damage to the watch. It is important after workouts or exposure to liquids, such as sweat, soap, sunscreen, and lotions. That is because they can potentially cause skin irritations.
Best Solo Loop Bands for Apple Watch
- Solo Loop for Apple Watch. The Solo Loop band is made from custom high-performance liquid silicone rubber. This material makes the watch strap strong and super durable. Each band is specially treated with UV that feels super smooth next to your skin due to the silky finish.
The Solo Loop is comfortable to wear and easy to slip on and off your wrist. It has a stretchable design with no clasps, buckles, or overlapping parts. This watch band comes in a variety of colors.
- Apple Braided Solo Loop. This watch band uses the same stretchy design as the Apple Solo Loop. However, what makes this strap different is that it is made from weaving 16,000 recycled polyester yarn filaments around ultra-thin silicone threads. This made the Braided Solo Loop look suitably smart and feels incredibly soft.
Moreover, the Braided Solo Loop is sweat and water resistant.DigiHero Braided Solo Loop. This watch band looks great for its affordable price. The DigiHero Braided Solo Loop is made from 100 percent recycled materials. It feels good on your skin and comes with plenty of breathability.
It does not have the stretchiness of the official product. As such you will need to make do with its loop buckle design.
- Apple Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop. This Apple Watch band is inspired by the inclusive nature of Pride. The Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop looks fantastic and its comfortable too.
The Apple Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop is created by weaving 16,00 recycled polyester yarn filaments around ultra-thin silicone threads. It is soft yet textured. This watch band is sweat and water-resistant as well.
Take advantage of our new product announcements, updates, and exclusive deals. Be part of the Spartan Army! Subscribe to our newsletter, get special discounts, free giveaways, and learn more about your Apple Watch.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.