You must be wondering, can I use my Apple Watch while doing dirty work? Of course! Whether you are carrying out dirty work or doing the world's cleanest job, you can wear your Apple Watch.
You see, the Apple Watch has many uses. This wearable does not limit itself with just giving you notifications or receiving calls. It is also your ultimate companion in keeping yourself healthy and fit.
What are the Benefits of Having an Apple Watch?
The Apple Watch can do what your other devices can't. This is because when you wear it, you get a fitness partner that measures all the ways you move. It also gives you meaningful health insights and a connection to the people and things you care about most. All of this with only a glance away.
The following are some of the benefits you will receive upon owning an Apple Watch.
- Health and fitness. Having an Apple Watch will get you to spend less time on your iPhone and more time out and about. The device on your wrist will help you track your fitness goals.
- Communication. Through your Apple Watch, you will be able to glance at a call or message before deciding whether to reach for your phone. That's because the Apple Watch has basic phone and messaging features built right in. This is extremely convenient, especially if you have a bigger iPhone which you usually leave in your bag. For short conversations or replied, you can just use your Apple Watch to talk or text.
- Apple Pay. Instead of fumbling for your wallet to pay for your purchase, you can use the Apple Pay on your Apple Watch. What makes your wearable more amazing is the fact that it is always right there and it never reveals your real credit card number or personal information. Additionally, if your device loses contact with your skin, it shuts off so no one else can use it.
- Remote Control. If you have an Apple TV, your Apple Watch will let you control it. It will also let you remotely access your iPhone's camera. Additionally, thanks to Siri and HomeKit integration, your Apple Watch can even control lights, thermometer, blinds, fans, and other connected devices in your home.
What are the Best Apple Watch Bands for Dirty Work?
If you want to use your Apple Watch while doing dirty work, you should make sure that the band you use is durable and easy to clean. After all, you have to clean your watch band after using it.
Here are some of the bands you can use together with your Apple Watch.
- Apple Sport Band. This band is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer. The Apple Sport Band is durable and strong, yet surprisingly soft. Its smooth, dense material drapes elegantly across your wrist and feels comfortable next to your skin. It also has an innovative pin-and-tuck closure that ensures a clean fit.
- Apple Sport Loop. The Apple Sport Loop is soft, breathable, and lightweight. This band features a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment. It is made of double-layer nylon with dense loops on the skin side to allow for soft cushioning.
The other side of the band is made for durability and taking a beating. You should also be able to get this band to fit your wrist with ease due to its hook-and-loop fastener.
- Urban Armor Sport Band. This band is built to last. It is made from soft touch silicone and is waterproof to make it suitable for swimming. The Urban Armor Sport Band is available in black and slate colors and uses a stainless steel buckle to complete its durable, sporty look.
- Carterjett Sport Tire Strap. This tire-inspired silicone number has a certain unique charm. This strap is made of durable soft silicone that can withstand sweat and moisture. You don't have to worry about your watch band falling apart during your work since there aren't any screws or spring bars in the band.
- Casetify Flamingos. It is a muted and classy strap. This band is made from a refined plastic, making it durable. It offers a genuine dose of class welcome among the legions of metal chainmail and leather.
- Nike Sport Band. The Nike Sport Band features durable synthetic rubber. This band has compression-molded perforations for breathability. It is durable and strong, yet surprisingly soft. The smooth, dense material of this band drapes elegantly across your wrist and feels comfortable next to your skin. It has an innovative pin-and-tuck closure which ensures a clean fit.
- Salt USA Nylon Watch Band. The woven style of this band can be extremely durable and long-lasting. It comes in more than 20 colors.
- Nike Sport Loop. This soft, breathable and lightweight band is designed for fitness. It comes with selected colors matched to the line of Nike running shoes. This strap features a nylon weave with reflective thread designed to shimmer when light strikes it.
The Nike Sport Loop has a hook-and-loop fastener that makes for quick and easy adjustment. The dense loops on the skin side provide soft cushioning while allowing moisture to escape. On the reverse side of the band, the attachment loops are securely anchored for superior durability.
- Apple Solo Loop. The Apple Solo Loop is made from liquid silicone rubber and features a unique, stretchable design. This band has no clasps, buckles, or overlapping parts. This makes it ultra comfortable to wear and easy to slip on and off your wrist. Each band is specially treated with UV to give the band a silky, smooth finish. The Apple Solo Loop is also swim-proof and sweatproof, so it can go just about anywhere you want to wear it.
How to Clean Your Apple Watch Band
It is inevitable that your Apple Watch band will get dirty. This is most especially if you are doing dirty work. Before cleaning your Apple Watch, you should first remove the band. The following are the steps to clean your watch band.
For Solo Loop, Sport Band, and Niek Sport Band:
- You should wipe the band clean with a non abrasive, lint-free cloth. Lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water if necessary. You can also use mild hypoallergenic hand soap for cleaning.
- After that, dry your band with a non abrasive, lint-free cloth before you attach it to your Apple Watch.