The Apple Watch can do a lot right out of the box. This wearable has countless features you can utilize once you connect it to your iPhone. Among these are notifications, making calls, sending texts, running apps, and helping keep you healthy.
This wearable can do what your other devices can't because it's on your wrist. When you wear it, you get a fitness partner that measures all the ways you move. It also gives meaningful health insights and connections to the people and things you care about most.
All of these make the Apple Watch the ultimate device for a healthy life.
SHOULD YOU BUY AN APPLE WATCH?
The Apple Watch is more than a miniaturized iPhone on your wrist. Understanding what you can do with the Apple Watch becomes a fantastic tool to help you get through your day. It can also motivate you to be more productive, lose weight, get in shape, save money, and even make money.
Due to its number of functions, it will be more helpful for you to figure out which are most important to you.
The following are some of the exciting and valuable things you can do with your Apple Watch:
- Answer calls. You can answer a call on your Apple Watch using the small speakerphone on the device. However, you only want to use this feature for shorter calls. That's because the audio quality could be better when you are talking on speakerphone on your iPhone.
This feature is convenient when you are busy with your hands. If the Apple Watch you buy or own comes with LTE, you can make calls without your iPhone nearby.
- Track your cycle. Your Apple Watch allows you to track your cycle. The app uses this data to help predict the start of your next period. You can also get alerts on your device. To get it started, you only need to open the Health App on your iPhone. Tap on Cycle Tracking and provide some information about your last period.
- Monitor dangerous hearing levels. The Apple Watch features a noise app that tracks your environment's loudness. It also lets you know if you are in a setting where audio is at a dangerous level. This is so you can get hearing protection or take a break.
- Use the Apple Watch in the water. You can go swimming with your Apple Watch. Particularly the newer models, which are water resistant up to 50 meters. You can wear your Apple Watch in freshwater, pools, and even the ocean.
This feature is handy if you want to avoid taking your iPhone near or into the pool but want to stay connected.
- Monitor your heart rate. Your Apple Watch uses sensors on the back to check your heart rate. The data is stored in the Health app on your iPhone. It tracks your heart rate at various intervals and stores that data so you can look at it later. You can even see the heart rate at all times on your Apple Watch if you start a workout.
- Track your fitness. Your Apple Watch uses various sensors to monitor your movement and track your progress toward health goals. You can see your progress across three categories: activity, exercise, and time spent standing.
Movement measures calories burned. Exercise is when you hit 30 minutes daily, and the stand section aims to make you less sedentary.
DOES APPLE WATCH WORK WITH HAIRY ARMS?
Apple Watch is the most advanced Apple product yet. It's a wearable device that can track your activity and monitor your heart rate, but how does it work with hairy arms?
Apple Watch is a smartwatch that can be used as an extension of your iPhone. It has many features, including sending messages, making phone calls, reading emails, and more. But what if you have a lot of hair on your arms? Will Apple Watch still work correctly?
Apple claims the watch will work fine with hairy arms, but some users have reported otherwise. The watch may not be able to read your heart rate or detect movement properly when there are thick patches of hair on your arm. However, there are ways to get around this problem so you can use your Apple Watch without any issues.
Make sure the sensor area is clean and dry before using the watch.
If you have thick hair on your arms, make sure that no loose strands are hanging out in front of the sensor area, or else this could interfere with its ability to read movements properly. Make sure that the skin surrounding the sensor area is clean and dry before using it again because this will help improve accuracy and make it easier for the watch's sensors to detect movement.
DO APPLE WATCHES FIT FAT WRISTS?
Apple Watches come in 38mm, 42mm, and 44mm. The small size is compatible with wrists that measure 130 to 180 millimeters; the medium size is compatible with wrists that measure 150 to 190 millimeters; and the large size is compatible with wrists that measure 170 to 210 millimeters.
You may need to go up a size or two if you have a particularly thick wrist. The sizes listed above are based on a person's wrist circumference — not the thickness of their wrist bones or skin.
If you have a smaller-than-average wrist, but your skin is thick, it could result in an uncomfortable fit if you buy the wrong size watch. It's important to consider how much space there will be between your wrist and watch face when deciding which size to get.
WHAT ARE THE BEST APPLE WATCH BANDS FOR HAIRY ARMS?
Do you have hairy arms? Are you worried that your Apple Watch will have difficulty monitoring your heart rate? Or that it will affect the accuracy of the device's sensor? You can rest assured that arm hair should not be an issue.
However, this doesn't mean you can wear any band. For example, if you have hairy wrists and your band is the Milanese band, it may pull and pinch hairs left and right.
The following are some of the best bands you can use with your Apple Watch if you have hairy wrists.
- NYLON SPORT LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Lightweight and breathable, with more than 500 threads of 100% durable nylon intertwined together, this carefully woven Nylon Sport Loop for your Apple Watch is impervious to both tears and abrasions. Perfect for anyone on the go, whether that be on your morning run or a 12-hour shift on the E.R. floor.
- DUAL COLOR SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build-up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
- LEATHER LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Manufactured with the finest leather materials and finished with explicit attention to detail, this is the ideal leather loop replacement for your Apple Watch. Its unique design comes with a strong and effective magnetic clasp that is quick and easy to fasten in place and convenient to adjust accordingly.
- MILITARY NYLON BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Soft airy and impressive – this military styled nylon band is a must-have companion for your Apple Watch. Uses a premium grade nylon that is soft, flexible, waterproof and extremely durable. It comes with top-notch connectors and stainless steel metal parts which seamlessly attach with your Apple Watch while providing you with a classic military watch style.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.