In the tech world, you might want to be practical and eager to try new things. And the Apple Watch is perfect for those who want something new and practical.
The Apple Watch is just like a phone. It even has almost the exact same functions as a phone, except that it is worn on the wrist and not kept in your pocket.
For police officers, like you, wearing an Apple Watch is not illegal. You could check the time like you would with any other regular watch. You could also get directions, texts and social media alerts as well.
The Apple Watch can connect you to people and things you care about most too. Moreover, if you are health conscious, this device can assist you in your fitness goals.
Whether you should get an Apple Watch or not actually comes down to how compelling any of the main features are for your work and lifestyle. Those features include not only timekeeping and notifications, but also health and fitness tracking, communications, and Apple Pay.
- Timekeeping. The Apple Watch is a convergent device. That convergence can be seen in every aspect, including how it tells time. So when you want to see the clock on your Apple Watch, you don't have to dig into your pocket for your phone. You can simply turn your wrist and view the time and date.
- Notifications. With the Apple Watch, notifications can appear on your wrist. It sends you a subtle tap that doesn't even light up the display unless you turn the device to signal your interest.
You will get a short summary of the information such as the app name and a brief bit of context. With that, you can decide if you want to stop what you're doing and view more.
- Health and fitness. With your Apple Watch, you can automatically track all the basics. Such as standing and moving around, exercise, steps, and stairs climbed. The device also has a Workout app specifically created to track your runs, walks, rides, rolls, among others. And with its improved water resistance, you can track your swims as well.
- PayPal. Instead of fumbling for your wallet or your iPhone, you can simply press a button on your Apple Watch to pay for your purchase. What's more, it never reveals your credit card number or personal information. And if your Apple Watch loses contact with your skin, it shuts off so no one else can use it.
What are the Best Apple Watch Bands for Police?
For police officers, their Apple Watch bands should be durable and hard-wearing. After all, their job involves a lot of duties such as protecting life and property through enforcement of laws and regulations. They also proactively patrol assigned areas and respond to calls for police service.
The following are some of the most durable and hard-wearing Apple Watch bands for police:
- Apple Sport Band. This band remains to be an excellent all-rounder for Apple Watch users. The Apple Sport Band is made of nicer materials than the knock-offs you will find on certain auction sites. This means that you are not going to end up with odd things happening to your skin after a few hours of wear.
The Apple Sport Band is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer. This makes the band durable and strong, yet surprisingly soft. The smooth, dense material of this band drapes elegantly across your wrist. And it feels comfortable next to your skin. It has an innovative pin-and-tuck closure too.
- Apple Sport Loop. You will find that Apple's nylon bands are really hard-wearing and comfortable. The Apple Sport Loop is made from double-layer nylon. It has a clever design on the skin side that uses larger loops for cushioning and breathability.
The Apple Sport Loop is soft and lightweight, featuring a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment. On the reverse side of the band, the attachment loops are securely anchored for superior durability.
- Apple Nike Sport Band. The Apple Nike Sport band features durable synthetic rubber with a pinhole design for ultimate breathability. This band is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer. It has compression-molded perforations for breathability.
The Apple Nike Sport Band is durable and strong, and at the same time surprisingly soft. The smooth, dense material of this band drapes elegantly across your wrist. It feels comfortable next to your skin. It also has an innovative pin-and-tuck as well, which ensures a clean fit.
- Carterjett tire tread band. This is one of the best durable Apple Watch bands you can buy today. The tire-tread silicone on this watch band makes it perfect for people who need durability in a band, like the police officers.
The Carterjett tire tread band also has a rugged aesthetic and comes in a variety of color option choices.
- Salty USA nylon watch band. Do you want a watch band with the classic, simple smartwatch look? The nylon is the way to go. The Salty USA nylon watch band can be extremely durable and long-lasting. It is budget-friendly and comes in more than 20 colors.
- IYOU Sport Band. A silicone sport band that is great for activity. The IYOU Sport Band comes with lugs on both ends that can securely lock into the Apple Watch. It also has a pin-and-tuck closure design that will make your Apple Watch look cleaner.
Since the band is made from silicone, you can be assured that it is durable. It is easy to use in all types of weather or while working out. In addition, it's affordable and comes in more than 30 colors.
- Nomad Sport Strap. The Nomad Sport Strap is one of the best Apple Watch bands for police that stands out more than the average silicone options. This is a versatile Apple Watch band option that's designed to be worn while you are active and sweating.
The material for this strap is both durable and comfortable. The slate-gray finish over the black adds some design flair you won't find elsewhere.