Fitbit is a technology you can wear around your wrist to measure your daily steps, heart rate, and more. It is a device worn to help you live a healthier life by tracking your fitness goals.
Fitbit devices usually allow you to track your achievements during exercise. You can assess the data via the Fitbit smartphone app. Depending on the specific model of Fitbit, you can use it for:
- tracking your sleeping patterns
- monitoring and following your heart rate
- keeping track of the level of oxygen in your blood
- receiving call and text notifications
- storing and listening to music
- GPS tracking during exercise
- paying for items when out and about
Some people find that Fitbit helps motivate them to walk more regularly. Studies have shown that walking regularly can positively affect a person's fitness and general health.
However, some studies suggest that not all Fitbit measurements are 100 percent accurate. According to a 2018 study, while Fitbits are a valuable tool for motivating people to become more active, their sizes are only sometimes entirely exact.
Regardless, this encourages people to acquire a Fitbit device of their own. After all, it gives them a greater understanding of their fitness progress over time.
Fitbit Bands and Skin Irritation
You might have noticed that sometimes your skin will reach badly to certain materials that come in contact with your skin. This skin irritation might be due to allergies, chafing or rubbing, or dirt and sweat built up in certain places.
In 2014, Fitbit rash started gaining the public's attention. Some users complain of rashes on their wrists during this period and even today.
According to Fitbit, the rashes are caused by trapped debris under the band. The reactions are not uncommon with jewelry or wearable devices that stay in contact with the skin for extended periods.
Another cause of skin irritation is the materials that are found in Fitbit. After all, some people are allergic to materials such as metals like nickel. This rash is likely a form of eczema known as contact dermatitis.
- Wear your Fitbit loose. If you wear your Fitbit, lose, you can quickly move it back and forth. Make sure it's tight enough to the point that you can move it up and down.
- Periodically take your Fitbit off to let your skin breathe. You should remove your band for at least 20 minutes each day to allow your skin to be unencumbered.
- Switch your Fitbit from one arm to the other. You should switch your Fitbit from one arm to another at night or in the morning. This is so you only have it on the arm for up to 24 hours.
- Clean your Fitbit. Thoroughly clean and dry your Fitbit and your arm, especially after sweating, to remove any trapped bacteria.
- Use a barrier cream moisturizer on your arm. These creams form a physical barrier between your skin and any irritants. It can also help protect your skin against excess moisture caused by sweat. It would help if you looked for moisturizers and barrier creams that include lipids, glycerine, and ceramides.
- Try using other kinds of bands. Do you think that you are allergic to the wristband materials like silicone? Try using a fabric, woven, or leather band instead.
What are the Best Bands for Sensitive Skin?
Prolonged contact with your Fitbit may contribute to skin irritation or allergies in some users. If you want to reduce irritation, you should keep your Fitbit clean, keep it dry, and don't wear it too tight.
It would help if you also rested your wrist by removing the band for an hour after extended wear.
Another way you can prevent irritation on your sensitive skin is to switch bands. Here are some of the best bands for skin irritation:
- Kimilar Woven Band. This band is designed with every occasion in mind. The humble design means that it is appropriate for every outfit. The Kimilar Woven Band is made of strong cloth fabric. Moreover, the woven fabric is soft and breathable, and spring pins connect the band to your watch.
What's impressive about this band is that the clasp is nickel-free and hypoallergenic. As such, it doesn't irritate the skin even after wearing it for a long time.
- Fintie Soft Woven Nylon Sports Band. This nylon band is made of premium material with soft, fine craftwork. It is durable and comfortable, making it the perfect band to wear all day without worrying about skin irritation.
- Maledan Woven Fabric Band. Do you want a band that will let you be your unique self? The Maledan Woven Fabric Band is the right one for you! This band has various designs, including rainbow patterns, camouflage, and plaid.
What's more, the materials in this band are skin-friendly. This band lets your skin breathe and looks good doing it.
- Hamile Sport Band. This band is made out of eco-friendly TPU. This means that the band is soft and lightweight and won't irritate your skin. It comes in various colors to get a band that suits your style.
- Wepro Waterproof Band. Do you want to make sure your skin can breathe? This soft TPU band from Wepro is a great pick. The soft material in the band is smooth on the wrist and comes in various colors. The Wepro Waterproof Band has tons of perforations for maximum airflow.
You can shop for your next Fitbit band today and discover bands to fit your lifestyle at Spartan Watches. What's even more impressive is that its 100 percent satisfaction guarantee backs all of Spartan Watches' bands. As such, if you are not satisfied with any item you have purchased, you can return it within 30 days of the date it was delivered. You will then receive a refund or store credit.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.