Is your fitness tracker band broken or damaged because of general use? The wear and tear on your Fitbit band is to be expected, especially if you use it almost every day.
If you can still claim your device's in-warranty, Fitbit can replace your band. Fitbit can't provide replacements for out-of-warranty products.
If you are one of those who own an out-of-warranty fitness tracker, you can still find a replacement band for your wearable. Some of the best places you can buy a replacement strap are:
- Spartan Watches
- Best Buy
How to Change Your Fitbit Bands
If you own a Fitbit Versa, the following are the steps on how to change your strap:
- First, turn your Fitbit Versa or Versa 2 onto its front and find the two metal release levers. These levers are located at the edge of each end of the band and locked into the smartwatch's casing.
- To release the band, what you should do is to slide the pin on the lever inwards. Next, you pull the band away from the watch.
- To attach a new fitness tracker band, you should slide the pin into the small notch on the watch. Then, as you fit it into one end, you line it up with the other end and release the pin into place.
- After that, you should hear the two sides lock into place. The band should also be stable.
- First, you turn over your fitness tracker onto its front and find the two latches. One of the latches will sit on either side of the case.
- To release, you should press down on the flat button on the strap. You may have to move it around and lock properly before trying to un-snap it from the frame.
- After that, just slide the replacement band into the latch until you hear it snap into place.
For Fitbit Ionic, here's how you can switch its bands:
- First, you should turn your Fitbit Ionic onto its front and locate the band latches. There will be one on each end for you to unclip.
- To release, you push down on the flat button on the strap on both sides. Sometimes you may have to wriggle it around, perhaps lock properly into the watch. Do those before you fully release it from the case.
- To attach the new band, you can simply line it up with the latch on both sides. and then, press in until you can hear it snap into place.
If you own a Fitbit Inspire HR, you can change its band by following these steps:
- First, you turn the tracker onto its front and locate the quick-release lever. You will notice that one will be on each side of the tracker.
- If you want to release the half of the band, push the lever inward and simultaneously pull the band away from the tracker. Then, repeat on the other side to end up with a band-less tracker.
- To attach the new strap, you should line the pin up with the hole in the tracker opposite the quick-release lever.
- Once its tucked in on one side, you push the lever in. And then, do the same in order to slide it into the other.
- With both sides inserted, you can let go of the lever. After that, give the band a quick pull. This is to ensure it's all locked into place. You should hear a snap on the second hole.
If you owned a Fitbit Alta, here's how you can replace the band:
- First, turn the tracker onto its front and find the two latches. They are located where the band meets the module.
- To release either side, you should push down on the flat button on the strap. Next, pull the band away from the watch.
- If you are having issues, what you can do is to push the band back towards the frame. And then, try to lock it back into place and restart the process.
- Once the band is off, you can attach the new band by pushing it into the empty latch. After that, you should feel it slide and click into place without too much effort.
What are the Best Bands for Your Fitbit Device?
The following are the best Fitbit bands you can choose to use as replacement bands for your device.
- Silicone Band. This strap is an ideal replacement band for your Fitbit device if you are out running, exercising or working out. This band is made of silicone material which is soft to the skin. This is to make you feel very comfortable and have an enjoyable wearing experience.
The silicone band comes with a 100 percent stainless steel buckle clasp. This is to hold the Fitbit device in place while you continue with any activity.
- Milanese Stainless Steel Band. This band is the epitome of flexibility, durability, and finesse. The Milanese Stainless Steel band comes with high-precision connectors. They are made to impeccably attach with your Fitbit anytime and anywhere.
- Stainless Steel Link Band. An elegant and fashionable steel band for your Fitbit device. This band is made from the best stainless steel and is provided with simple connectors. These make it very easy to install and adjust.
- Leather Band. Another ideal replacement band for your Fitbit device. This band is made from fine leather material which provides comfort for your wrist.
- Nylon Band. This strap is beautiful, brilliant, and durable as well as lightweight. The nylon band is crafted from the finest canvas and nylon materials. These straps are designed for increased breathability and enhanced comfort.
This band also has a hook and loop buckle closure. This secures the device on your wrist for a flawless and enjoyable wearing experience.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.