There is value in monitoring and tracking your performance in the water. Especially if you are an athlete or a swimmer, having a fitness tracker will give you goals to work with and motivate you in the water.
Having a waterproof or water-resistant fitness tracker means swimming in a pool or jumping into the shower in the morning. You do not have to worry about whether you will damage your wristband. Fitbit makes some of the best fitness trackers.
You can automatically track your swim duration with your Fitbit device. Remember that heart-rate tracking will be disabled during your swim workout.
What Fitbit Device Can You Use While Swimming in Salt Water?
Depending on your device, you can choose to track your swims automatically. Or you can use the Exercise app to start and stop your swim workout. For automatic tracking, you must sync your device with the Fitbit app to see your stats in your exercise history. The water lock turns on automatically when you start a swim in the Exercise app. You can tap your screen twice or press the button to turn off the water lock.
Remember that every Fitbit device can be used while swimming in pools, much more in salt water like seas or beaches. You can use the following Fitbit devices while enjoying a nice swim around the beach or sea.
- Fitbit Inspire 2. Fitbit Inspire 2 is a beach, pool, and shower-friendly. This device detects when you start swimming and automatically logs how long you spend on your workout. It can resist water ingress to a depth of 50 meters.
The Fitbit Inspire 2 has an unobtrusive style with a good battery life and heart rate monitoring features. It works well as a simple multi-sport tracker or tool to nudge you towards a more active lifestyle gently.
- Fitbit Versa 3. The Fitbit Versa 3 is a GPS-tracking, workout-tracking smartwatch. This device can be used while you are in a shower, doing laps around the pool, or swimming in the sea. You can safely wear it underwater to depths of 50 meters. However, it would help if you did not forget to rinse the salt off your Fitbit Versa 3 afterward.
You are referred to as the most affordable Fitbit device you can buy. The Fitbit Versa 3 has an onboard GPS, which maps your outdoor activities in real time. You can view those maps on the Fitbit app, and are available immediately after you have finished your exercise. The device also graphically denotes your pace, heart rate, and calories burnt.
You can use this wearable for six days on a full charge. The same could be said if you set the display at normal brightness and the GPS is used up to two to three times a week.
- Fitbit Charge 3. Still an excellent fitness tracker. It has a water resistance rating of 50 meters. The Fitbit Charge 3 makes a fantastic deal if you are looking for a wearable on the beach at an affordable price.
This device boasts of its features, including step tracking, continuous heart-rate monitoring, sleep tracking, and others. The Fitbit Charge 3 also has automatic exercise tracking, silent alarms, and the ability to display your phone's notifications on its sizable OLED screen.
This wearable is estimated to last for seven and six days on average. And if it's time to get charged up, you will know as the device shows its life percentage.
What Fitbit Straps Can You Use in Saltwater?
According to Fitbit, after swimming or getting the band wet, it is recommended that you dry the band. This is because it is best for your skin if the band is clean and dry. Fitbit does not recommend wearing your Fitbit device in a hot tub or sauna.
- Fitbit Sports Band. This band is soft and breathable. It comes with unique two-tone color combinations inspired by nature. The sports band is made of a flexible, durable silicone material. It also has an aluminum buckle.
- Fitbit Classic Band. This band is one of the perfect straps for you to use because it is comfortable and swim-proof. It is water resistant to 50 meters. The Fitbit Classic Band is diamond-textured and perfect for your swimming activities. This strap is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material and includes an aluminum elastomer material and includes an aluminum buckle.
- Fitbit Infinity Band. The infinity band might come with your purchase. It is made of water-resistant, stain-resistant material. The Fitbit Infinity Band is streamlined with a loop and peg that keeps it secure. This provides total comfort from day to night.
- Fitbit Luxe Classic Band. This band has a warm natural shade of white that is easy to wear. The Luxe Classic band complements any look, whether sport, work, or casual. This strap is made with comfortable, lightweight silicone, Which makes it a perfect accessory for swimming to sleep.
- Adepoy Waterproof Sport Silicone. Are you searching for a durable watch band with plenty of ventilation? The Adepoy Waterproof Sport Silicone is the one for you. Using this band, you can seamlessly switch between workouts and the office. This band is also soft and lightweight and comes in various color options.
- FITA Waterproof Soft TPU Band. This waterproof TPU band is affordable. The FITA Waterproof Soft TPU Band is cheap and will fit comfortably without causing any irritation. It comes in 11 different colors.
- Wepro Silicone Band. This band is waterproof and sweatproof, making it a perfect accessory for sports lovers. No worries, as the Wepro Silicone Band is breathable, making it the right band for anyone that finds skin a little red after long periods of wear. This strap is available in 16 colors.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.