Are you worried that the screen of your Apple Watch will scratch easily? Apple actually does not advise or recommend that you need or should fit a screen protector. Although, it usually depends on your personal preference. You see, some Apple Watch models have display glasses that are more durable than the others. An example is the Apple Watch Series 4 stainless steel model.
This wearable device comes with a display glass made out of sapphire crystal. It is actually a nice feature if you are paranoid about scratching up the screen. Sapphire crystal glass is made from the sapphire gemstone, which is the third hardest material on earth, behind diamond and moissanite. It is incredibly resistant to scratches.
It is also possible that you have only scratched through the fingerprint-resistant, oil repellent coating of your Apple Watch screen. Apple said that it is normal for this coating to wear away under normal use. However, it may have become scratched without damaging the screen beneath.
What Are The Best Screen Protectors for Your Apple Watch?
If you own an entry-level Apple Watch that comes with the aluminum body, you will definitely need a screen protector. That is because the screen is made out of regular glass, named by Apple as Ion-X glass. Moreover, no matter how hard the screen of your Apple Watch is, it is still susceptible to scratches. With these scratches, your Apple Watch will look old and worn.
Another reason why you should get a screen protector for your Apple Watch is the fact that cosmetic damage is not covered under either Apple's Limited Warranty or AppleCare+. And if your Apple Watch has more than cosmetic damage, Apple advises that you should not continue using a damaged Apple Watch. If the issue is not covered under warranty or AppleCare+, your Apple Watch may be instead eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service.
Moreover, Apple advises not to use cleaning products or polishing or buffing the watch with abrasives. That's because these will wear away the coating and may also further scratch the display. A good quality screen protector is effective in obscuring or reducing the visibility of the mark. It also provides some measure of protection against future damage.
Using a screen protector will help keep the screen surface of your Apple Watch scratch-free. So, in the case that you accidentally nick the screen protector, you could easily replace it with a new one. The following are some of the best screen protectors for your Apple Watch.
- Spartan Watches Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple Watch. The flexibility and softness of this protective film induces an easy, delicate touch screen experience. They present an original clear image quality and high-speed response.
The screen protector from Spartan Watches is made with high precision 9H glass. It is built to fend off dust particles, dirt and any scratches caused by external pressures. With this screen protector, the screen of your Apple Watch will be smudge proof and crystal clear.
Moreover, the precise cutouts of this screen protector allow full function. It is designed to perfection and attaches seamlessly to offer lasting protection.
- Catalyst Protective Waterproof Case. This protective case surrounds your Apple Watch with one of the beefiest enclosures. It has raised bezels that greatly reduce the chance of anything impacting the display.
The Catalyst Protective Waterproof Case encloses your Apple Watch's Digital Crown. It provides a water-tight seal that can essentially double the device's 164-foot of water resistance to 330 feet. This makes it the perfect protective case for people who wear their Apple Watch devices while in the most extreme conditions.
- Spartan Watches Full Coverage Silicone Case for Apple Watch. This protective case is manufactured with the most versatile TPU material. It effectively covers all areas of the watch and ensures a nice fit that does not stick with the screen or any part of your Apple Watch's surface.
The Spartan Watches Full Coverage Silicone Case offers 360-degree protection to your Apple Watch. It is designed to seamlessly attach to the device's surface. It also shields your Apple Watch from any harm that it may get exposed to.
- LK Screen Protector. Do you want to protect your Apple Watch display but you don't want to cover any of the device's visual appeal? This screen protector is a good option for you. The LK Screen Protector is made of self-healing TPU. Its skin is designed to provide 99 percent transparency and complete retention of screen sensitivity and responsiveness.
With the LK Screen Protector, you can automatically remove bubbles under the film following installation. Moreover, the film will heal any scratches you may subject it to within 24 hours of their appearance.
- IQ Shield Matte Screen Protector. This skin protector is referred to by most users as the best anti-glare film. The IQ Shield Matte Screen Protector has a flexible film designed to fit right up against the curved edges of the Apple Watch display.
The IQ Shield Matte Screen Protector improves the appearance of the protector. It also helps eliminate the annoying sensation of running over the edge of a screen protector when using the Apple Watch touch screen.
- PZOZ Apple Watch Screen Protector. Referred by most as one of the most affordable shock protection. The PZOZ Apple Watch Screen Protector gives you easy access to both the digital crown and the side button while protecting your Apple Watch from dings and everyday wear.
- Piuellia Black Hard Case. This protective case fits tightly around both the face and sides of your Apple Watch. At the same time, it offers easy access to relevant buttons. It ensures that the touch screen feels as natural as before.
Don't miss out on our new product announcements, updates and exclusive deals. Be part of the Spartan Army! Subscribe to our newsletter and get special discounts, free giveaways, and learn more about your Apple Watch.