Are you worried that the screen of your Apple Watch will scratch easily? Apple does not recommend that you need or should fit a screen protector. Although, it usually depends on your personal preference. Some Apple Watch models have display glasses that are more durable than others. An example is the Apple Watch Series 4 stainless steel model.
This wearable device comes with a display glass made out of sapphire crystal. Sapphire crystal glass is made from the sapphire gemstone, the third hardest material on earth, behind diamond and moissanite. It is incredibly resistant to scratches. It is a nice feature if you are paranoid about scratching the screen.
It is also possible that you have only scratched through your Apple Watch screen's fingerprint-resistant, oil-repellent coating. Apple said that it is normal for this coating to wear away under regular use. However, it may have become scratched without damaging the screen beneath.
IS IT NORMAL FOR APPLE WATCH TO SCRATCH?
It is normal for Apple Watch to scratch. The Liquid Retina display of the Apple Watch Series 4 is the first genuinely transparent Retina display on a wearable device. The display has no black pixels, which means it's possible to see the layers beneath the glass.
The sapphire crystal and the Liquid Retina technology make it so that you can see through the screen and even filter light passing through it. This allows for a more comfortable experience in bright sunlight or when wearing sunglasses.
However, this also means that scratches are more visible than ever before. The scratches you're seeing are from everyday use, such as bumping into door frames or tables or even dropping your watch onto hard surfaces from time to time — all of which are perfectly normal occurrences for most users.
HOW TO STOP SCRATCHES ON APPLE WATCH
The Apple Watch is a beautiful piece of technology, but if you're like me, it's not unusual to find yourself staring at your watch and thinking, "Why the heck did I scratch it?"
Scratches are the bane of any watch owner's existence. They may not seem like much at first, but they can ruin the look of a watch in no time.
We've all been there: You're out running errands or at home lounging on the couch when you notice a small scratch on your watch face. Your heart sinks as you realize how much it will cost to repair or replace the screen.
While there are many ways to protect your Apple Watch from getting scratched, here are some simple tips to keep it safe and sound.
- Use a screen protector
- Avoid wearing other jewelry while wearing your Apple Watch
- Avoid placing your watch near sharp edges
CAN I REMOVE THE SCRATCHES ON APPLE WATCH FACE?
Apple Watch scratches can be removed by using a specific scratch remover. You can purchase one online.
There are different types of scratches, some of which can be removed easily. But, some cannot be dismissed as they have affected the screen of your watch.
If you find any scratch on your Apple Watch face, you can remove it using a few simple methods.
The only thing you need to do is apply some pressure on the scratched area and then rub it gently with the help of any soft cloth or tissue paper. If this method does not work for you, try another method, including applying baby oil or toothpaste on the scratch and rubbing it vigorously with a soft cloth or tissue paper.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY WATCH FROM SCRATCHES? / WHAT ARE THE BEST SCREEN PROTECTORS FOR YOUR APPLE WATCH?
You will definitely need a screen protector if you own an entry-level Apple Watch with an aluminum body. That is because the screen is made out of regular glass, named by Apple as Ion-X glass. Moreover, no matter how hard the screen of your Apple Watch is, it is still susceptible to scratches. With these scratches, your Apple Watch will look old and worn.
Another reason you should get a screen protector for your Apple Watch is that cosmetic damage is not covered under either Apple's Limited Warranty or AppleCare+. If the issue is not covered under warranty or AppleCare+, your Apple Watch may be instead eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service. And if your Apple Watch has more than cosmetic damage, Apple advises that you should not continue using a damaged Apple Watch.
Moreover, Apple advises not to use cleaning products or polish or buff the watch with abrasives. That's because these will wear away the coating and may also further scratch the display. A good quality screen protector effectively obscures or reduces the mark's visibility. It also provides some measure of protection against future damage.
Using a screen protector will help keep the screen surface of your Apple Watch scratch-free. So, if you accidentally nick the screen protector, you could easily replace it with a new one. The following are some of the best screen protectors for your Apple Watch.
- Spartan Watches Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple Watch. The flexibility and softness of this protective film induces an easy, delicate touch screen experience. They present an original clear image quality and high-speed response.
The screen protector from Spartan Watches is made with high precision 9H glass. It is built to fend off dust particles, dirt and any scratches caused by external pressures. With this screen protector, the screen of your Apple Watch will be smudge proof and crystal clear.
Moreover, the precise cutouts of this screen protector allow full function. It is designed to perfection and attaches seamlessly to offer lasting protection.
- Catalyst Protective Waterproof Case. This protective case surrounds your Apple Watch with one of the beefiest enclosures. It has raised bezels that greatly reduce the chance of anything impacting the display.
The Catalyst Protective Waterproof Case encloses your Apple Watch's Digital Crown. It provides a water-tight seal that can essentially double the device's 164-foot of water resistance to 330 feet. This makes it the perfect protective case for people who wear their Apple Watch devices while in the most extreme conditions.
- Spartan Watches Full Coverage Silicone Case for Apple Watch. This protective case is manufactured with the most versatile TPU material. It effectively covers all areas of the watch and ensures a nice fit that does not stick with the screen or any part of your Apple Watch's surface.
The Spartan Watches Full Coverage Silicone Case offers 360-degree protection to your Apple Watch. It is designed to seamlessly attach to the device's surface. It also shields your Apple Watch from any harm that it may get exposed to.
- LK Screen Protector. Do you want to protect your Apple Watch display but you don't want to cover any of the device's visual appeal? This screen protector is a good option for you. The LK Screen Protector is made of self-healing TPU. Its skin is designed to provide 99 percent transparency and complete retention of screen sensitivity and responsiveness.
With the LK Screen Protector, you can automatically remove bubbles under the film following installation. Moreover, the film will heal any scratches you may subject it to within 24 hours of their appearance.
- IQ Shield Matte Screen Protector. This skin protector is referred to by most users as the best anti-glare film. The IQ Shield Matte Screen Protector has a flexible film designed to fit right up against the curved edges of the Apple Watch display.
The IQ Shield Matte Screen Protector improves the appearance of the protector. It also helps eliminate the annoying sensation of running over the edge of a screen protector when using the Apple Watch touch screen.
- PZOZ Apple Watch Screen Protector. Referred by most as one of the most affordable shock protection. The PZOZ Apple Watch Screen Protector gives you easy access to both the digital crown and the side button while protecting your Apple Watch from dings and everyday wear.
- Piuellia Black Hard Case. This protective case fits tightly around both the face and sides of your Apple Watch. At the same time, it offers easy access to relevant buttons. It ensures that the touch screen feels as natural as before.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.