The Apple Watch is one of the most accurate smartwatches in the world. It is also the most legible and most functional as well. Apart from having the features of a smartwatch and a fitness tracker, the Apple Watch also contains a lot of apps. And these apps can do anything you might imagine.
As to whether you should buy an Apple Watch or not, it depends on how the features can help you in your day-to-day life. The Apple Watch is suitable for you if you want to spend less time on your iPhone and more time out and about. You should also get an Apple Watch if the idea of super convenient tap-to-pay and fitness tracking appeals to you.
Charging Your Apple Watch
There's no denying that this device is gorgeous, useful and one of the best smartwatches on the market. So if you want to maximize the function of the Apple Watch, then charging it to its full capacity will do the job.
Before you start charging your Apple Watch, you should set up your charger first. You should place the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable, MagSafe Duo Charger, or Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Duo on a flat surface. Make sure that you place it in a well-ventilated area.
Then, plug it into the power adapter, and plug the adapter into a power outlet.
Here's how you begin charging your Apple Watch:
- First, place your Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable on the back of your Apple Watch. You will find that the concave end of the charging cable magnetically snaps to the back of your Apple Watch. It aligns it properly.
- Then, you will hear a chime when charging begins. You will also see a charging symbol on the watch face. Take note, the symbol is red when the Apple Watch needs power. It turns green when the Apple Watch is charging.
You can also charge your Apple Watch in a flat position with its band open. Or on its side as well.
Left Apple Watch on Charger for a Week
Under typical use, you can keep your Apple Watch battery topped off for around-the-clock wearability while using it during the day. And at night, you can track your sleep. Just as long as you charge your device for about 60 to 90 minutes every day.
It is recommended that you start charging your Apple Watch 60 to 90 minutes every evening before bed. You can also charge your wearable for about 30 to 45 minutes in the morning when getting ready or showering. Then another 30 to 45 minutes in the evening before bedtime.
Wondering what would happen if you left your Apple Watch on the charger for a week? According to Apple, while you can charge your wearable whenever you want, the battery on the device cannot be overcharged. There is also no need to let the battery discharge to any particular level first. There's also no benefit to be gained by doing so.
Apple added that charging will stop automatically when the battery of your Apple Watch is fully charged. It will start again if and when required due to ongoing battery usage. You should also make sure to follow Apple's safety and handling instructions.
Take note that it is not possible to turn your Apple Watch off while it is on the charger and connected to power. This is normal. It is also normal for your wearable, power adapter and charging cable to become warm when connected to power.
Best Apple Watch Charging Stands
Are you looking for the best charging stand for your Apple Watch? The right charging stand for you depends on your style at home. It also depends on how you like your tech to be laid out.
The following are the ideal charging stand for your Apple Watch:
- Apple Watch Charger. This is Apple's signature Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable that comes in the box. This is a pad your smartwatch snaps to and a meter-length of cable ending in a USB-A port. You will find that the cable is functional and inexpensive.
- OLEBR 3 in 1 Charging Stand. Referred to as a charger for all your Apple devices. That means, the OLEBR 3 in 1 Charging Stand can charge your Apple Watch, iPhone and AirPods at the same time. This charging stand holds your Apple Watch at an angle that allows you to see the screen. This way, you can use your device in Nightstand mode.
The OLEBR 3 in 1 Charging Stand supports all Apple Watch sizes. That means that this charging stand is compatible for 38mm, 40mm, 42mm, and 44mm Apple Watches.
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock. This is a stylish charging solution for your Apple Watch. This official dock is both simple and elegant, a perfect companion for your Apple Watch.
The design of this charging dock allows you to charge your Apple Watch flat or on its side. Charging your Apple Watch flat puts the device into Nightstand mode. This way, you can use it as an alarm clock.
- Belkin PowerHouse. While this is not a cheap charging stand, the Belkin PowerHouse lets you charge both your Apple Watch and your iPhone. This charging stand looks sturdy and doesn't take up too much space. It is also designed to charge both watch and phone quickly.
- AICase Bamboo Wood Charging Holder. This bamboo charging dock houses both your Apple Watch and iPhone. The AICase Bamboo Wood Charging Holder is sturdy, meaning it wouldn't go skidding across your desk with the slightest nudge. Moreover, it's compact.
- Mophie Watch Dock. This is a simple yet stylish way to show off your Apple Watch. This aluminum stand includes a quick start guide. This explains how to place your Apple Watch's inductive charger into the circular cut-out. You can feed the cable down a rubber channel inside the vertical arm. It is through the base and out the back.
The faux leather padding on the angled cradle of this watch dock provides a safe buffer between the metal and the back of your Apple Watch. The rubber pad on the base, on the other hand, provides protection for your desk or table.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.