Every Apple Watch user loves their wearable device. It monitors their physical activity and motivates them to achieve their fitness goals. It even plays music, tells them the weather, and shows them what's on their calendar. It checks your heart health and gives directions too. More than those, the Apple Watch can also authenticate your digital access to secure systems.
While this Apple wearable device has several uses, some Apple Watch users complain that their arm hurts while wearing the device.
CAN APPLE WATCH CAUSE ARM NUMBNESS?
Apple Watch is an excellent wearable device. It can track your heart rate and exercise and even send notifications from your iPhone. However, it can also cause some side effects, like arm numbness.
Several users have complained about Apple Watch causing numbness in their arms. This is due to its tight fit around the wrist, which leads to restricted blood flow. Some users have found ways to avoid this problem by wearing their watch slightly looser or with a band with holes for ventilation.
Here are some tips that may help you:
Change the way you wear your Apple Watch: You may not be wearing your Apple Watch correctly if you are experiencing arm numbness. Try loosening up the strap or changing how you wear it, so it is more comfortable on your wrist. Try different bands, such as ones with holes for ventilation or wider bands made of rubber or silicone.
Check if it's too tight: If your watch seems too tight on your wrist and there is no room for adjustment, this could be one of the reasons why you are experiencing arm numbness after using the Apple Watch for a while. By rubbing, you should check for any scratches or marks on your watch face.
DOES YOUR ARM HURT FROM WEARING YOUR APPLE WATCH?
Several threads have circulated online about wrist issues and problems with their arms hurting while wearing the Apple Watch. Some notice that their Apple wearable device does not fit their wrist well, thus causing them pain. The thing is, not all people can wear an Apple Watch. Some individuals experience reactions to materials. These include nickel, which is in prolonged contact with their skin.
Do you experience redness, swelling, itchiness, or any other irritation or any other kind of pain or discomfort around or beneath your watch or band? How about pain in your arm? Apple suggests removing your Apple Watch and consulting a doctor or physician before wearing your device again. You see, skin reactions can be a result of various causes. These include the following:
- Allergies to some materials (including nickel)
- Extended exposure to irritants (such as soap or sweat)
- Environmental factors
- Wearing the watch band too tightly or too loosely
Apple also suggests that you wear your Apple Watch with the right fit. It means that the strap of your wearable device should not be too tight or too loose. It also should have room for your skin to breathe. This way, it will keep you comfortable and, at the same time, it will let the sensors do their job.
HOW CAN I MAKE MY APPLE WATCH MORE COMFORTABLE?
How to make your Apple Watch more comfortable
If you're looking for ways to make your Apple Watch more comfortable, here are a few tips:
Use a wrist strap. The standard rubber band with the Apple Watch tends to slip off during workouts and other activities. If you use the watch for exercise or want to wear it while showering or swimming, consider using an additional band that can be secure around your wrist. Some bands are made of leather, while others are made of metal. Both types can be found at retail stores or online.
Raise the screen brightness. If you find yourself squinting at the screen during everyday use, try increasing the brightness level on your watch. To do this, go into Settings > Brightness & Text Size and move the slider until it's right for your eyesight.
FINDING THE RIGHT STRAP FOR YOUR WRIST
If you recall, Apple's policy required you to return your Apple Watch with the ill-fitting watch strap before receiving a replacement. For example, when people purchase an Apple Solo Loop band or Braided Solo Loop Band, they often experience struggles in finding the right fit.
There are methods you can use to get the right Apple Watch Band size.
- Using the Apple Printable Guide
You can find a printable guide you can download on the Apple webpage for Apple Solo Loop. This tool can help you determine the correct size of your Solo Loop Band. To measure your wrist using the printable tool provided by Apple, you only have to follow these steps:
- First, print the printable tool after you download it. Make sure that the page in the printer options is in a setting wherein it can print at 100 percent and not be scaled to fit.
- Next, place a credit card in the sizing area on the printed page. It is to ensure that you print the tool at the correct Size.
- Then, take a pair of scissors and carefully cut out the wrist sizing tool.
- Next, place the case shape on your wrist, where you will usually have the watch face.
- Then, wrap the printed paper tool tightly around your wrist. You can use some tape to hold the wide part in place. You should ensure that the printed paper feels snug and does not slide around.
- The number the arrows point to is your band size.
Are the arrows pointing to a line? If it does, you should choose the smaller option of the two numbers closest to it.
- Using a Measuring Tape
You don't have to worry if you do not have a printer at home. You can still get the Size by using a household measuring tape. To measure your wrist using a household measuring tape, make sure to follow these simple instructions:
- First, tightly wrap the tape measure around where you usually wear your Apple Watch. You have to make sure that it is not loose but remains comfortable.
- Next, take note of the measurement.
- After you finally have the measurement, round it to half a centimeter above.
- Using a Ruler, Paper, and Pen
Do you have a printer at home or a tape measure? There is still a way to work out your band size. All you need is paper, scissors, a ruler, and a pen or pencil.
Here's how you can use a ruler, paper, and pen to measure your wrist:
- First, use the scissors to cut out a narrow strip of paper. It should be about one-half inch wide using the length of the paper.
- Next, wrap the strip of paper around your wrist. Make sure it is tight enough. It should feel comfortable but not loose.
- Then, use a pen or pencil to mark the point on the paper where the end of the strip overlaps the other end. If it helps, you can use some tape to hold the paper.
- Next, lay the strip of paper on a flat surface. Use the ruler to measure the distance between the end and the part you marked. Note the exact measurement.
- Select the Solo Loop option on Apple's order page for an Apple Watch or individual bands.
- Under the Band Size, select the Start your band measurement option.
- Next, tap or click the Household objects tab in the size guide window that appears.
- Then, click the "Got it. What's next?" option.
- Enter the measurement you noted down. You can enter it in inches and fractions of an inch or centimeters.
- Next, click or tap the Get your band size option.
- After that, select the recommended Size when your band size options appear. Then, tap or click Continue.
You can also use this 2 in 1 Bracelet 2 in 1 Bracelet Sizer & Ring Sizer Measuring Tool to accurately measure your wrist before buying Apple Watch Band
WHAT IS THE BEST APPLE WATCH BAND YOU CAN BUY TODAY?
The following are some of the best Apple Watch bands you can purchase today:
SILICONE SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build-up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
LEATHER LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Manufactured with the finest leather materials and finished with explicit attention to detail, this is the ideal leather loop replacement for your Apple Watch. Its unique design comes with a strong and effective magnetic clasp that is quick and easy to fasten in place and convenient to adjust accordingly.
MILANESE STAINLESS STEEL BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Easily secure your size. This band is supplied with a unique, strong magnetic closing mechanism that makes it infinitely adjustable, ensuring a perfect fit.
STAINLESS STEEL LINK BRACELET W/ BUTTERFLY LOCK FOR APPLE WATCH - Introducing an elevated, yet understated upgrade for your Apple Watch, this sleek and artistic band is crafted from scratch-resistant stainless steel alloy. Manufactured using a precise machining process, this exquisite essential takes approximately nine hours to cut the links, and each adjustable band is finished off with a butterfly clasp closure for a precise fit.
MILITARY NYLON BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Soft airy and impressive – this military styled nylon band is a must-have companion for your Apple Watch. Uses a premium grade nylon that is soft, flexible, waterproof and extremely durable. It comes with top-notch connectors and stainless steel metal parts which seamlessly attach with your Apple Watch while providing you with a classic military watch style.
ARE YOU READY TO BECOME AN APPLE WATCH PRO?
Transform your Apple Watch experience with ‘The Ultimate Guide to Mastering Your Apple Watch: With Tips and Tricks for All Series, Beginner to Pro.’ It's currently available on Amazon for just $15.97 in paperback or $2.99 for the Kindle version (and free for Kindle Unlimited subscribers).
Act fast, as prices are set to increase starting January 4th, 2024. You can discover it in both formats right now on Amazon.
Ideal for beginners and seniors, this guide simplifies technology, offering a straightforward introduction, everyday tips, easy troubleshooting, and insights into entertainment and communication features. No more dependence on others or confusing manuals.
Thank you for taking the time to read! If you found this article helpful, please share it on social media to help more Apple Watch owners like you. Your support is greatly appreciated!
*This post contains affiliate links, allowing us to earn a small commission at no extra cost to you when you make a purchase through our Amazon links. Thank you for helping our family owned business grow!