Since its emergence in the electronics market in April 2015, the Apple Watch has continued evolving. From a wrist-worn extension of the iPhone to a sleek piece of wearable that can tell you a whole lot about your health.
The Apple Watch offers an array of features and apps you can use to maintain and enhance your health and well-being. From helping people lose weight, to saving pregnancies, to preventing heart attacks. No one can deny the fact the Apple Watch has become synonymous with personal trainer, health coach, and all-around health and fitness champ.
What are the Health Benefits of Apple Watch?
Yes, your Apple Watch can never take the place of a doctor or other health care professional. This doesn't mean that it couldn't help you boost your health.
- Protect your hearing. Your Apple Watch can warn you of loud noise to protect against hearing damage. This wearable has a Noise app in which the Apple Watch detects loud noise, usually above 90 decibels, and pings you with a notification about the risk of hearing loss.
You can actually set up the decibel threshold via your iPhone or watch. Turn on the Environmental Sound Measurements option to begin monitoring noise levels. From there, you can set a decibel level at which you want to be warned if the sound around you gets too loud.
- Track your menstrual cycle. The Cycle Tracking app of your Apple Watch enables you to track your menstrual cycle. Tracking your period is actually important if you want to understand your overall health. You may not know but irregular menstrual cycles can potentially indicate conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome, infertility, osteoporosis, and the transition to menopause.
If you want to set this up on your iPhone, all you need to do is to open the Health app and tap Browse > Cycle Tracking > Get Started. From there, you will need to enter the data of your last period. You should also indicate how many days your period usually lasts, and choose the typical length of each cycle.
- Detect falls. There are some Apple Watches that come with a useful safety feature called Fall Detection. Through this feature, if you take a hard fall that renders you unconscious or unable to move, your watch can automatically call emergency services.
How does it work, you ask? The fall detection feature works by sounding an alarm if you fall and sending you a push notification asking if you are okay. If your Apple Watch doesn't detect any movement, and you don't tap the push notification, it calls emergency services for help.
- Alert you if you have an abnormal heart rhythm. Your Apple Watch has a built-in Heart Rate app which monitors your heart rate at any time. You can also take an electrocardiogram (ECG) to check your heart rhythm. Through this, your Apple Watch can alert you if it finds any irregularities, such as atrial fibrillation.
As such, if you are experiencing any chest pains or other symptoms, you can call emergency services. And if you have a known condition, you can also use your Apple Watch to track your heart rhythm.
- Measure your blood oxygen level. Did you know that a consistently low blood oxygen level could be a sign of respiratory or pulmonary issues? With your Apple Watch, you can actually measure your level using a built-in app and oximeter. This tells you if you are getting enough oxygen to your brain.
- Calm you down in times of stress. While there are a lot of meditation apps available, there is no need for you to download since there is one already conveniently installed on your wrist. Your Apple Watch has the native Breathe app. This can help you calm down in an instant with breathing exercises designed to slow you down and bring you into the present moment.
What are the Best Apple Watch Bands for Arthritis?
- Apple Solo Loop. This band is made from liquid silicone rubber. The Apple Solo Loop features a unique, stretchable design with no clasps, buckles, or overlapping parts. This makes the band ultra comfortable to wear and easy to slip on and off your wrist.
Each band is specially treated with UV to give the solo loop a silky, smooth finish. This strap is also swim-proof and sweatproof. As such, it can go just about anywhere you want to wear it.
If you want to get this best band for arthritis, Spartan Watches offers a variety of Solo Loop for Apple Watch at affordable prices.
- Apple Sport Loop. This band is soft, breathable, and lightweight and features a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment.
The Apple Sport Loop is made of double-layer nylon weaves which has dense loops on the skin side. These loops provide soft cushioning while allowing moisture to escape. On the reverse side of the band, the adjustment loops are securely anchored for superior durability.
- Apple Milanese Loop. The design of this band is a modern interpretation of a design developed in Milan at the end of the 19th century. The milanese loop is woven on specialized Italian machines.
The smooth stainless steel mesh of this strap wraps fluidly around your wrist. It is also fully magnetic. This makes the milanese loop infinitely adjustable that ensures you a perfect fit.
- Apple Leather Loop. The Venezia leather of this band is handcrafted in Arzignano, Italy. The delicate milling and tumbling process enhances the beautiful pebbled texture of the band.
The magnets of the Apple Leather Loop are concealed within the soft, quilted leather. This allows you to simply wrap it around your wrist for a precise fit and a trim look.