Since its emergence in the electronics market in April 2015, the Apple Watch has continued evolving. From a wrist-worn extension of the iPhone to a sleek piece of wearable that can tell you a lot about your health.
No one can deny that the Apple Watch has become synonymous with a personal trainer, health coach, and all-around health and fitness champ. The Apple Watch offers an array of features and apps you can use to maintain and enhance your health and well-being. From helping people lose weight to saving pregnancies to preventing heart attacks.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF APPLE WATCH?
Your Apple Watch can never replace a doctor or other health care professional. This doesn't mean that it couldn't help you boost your health.
The following are some of your Apple Watch's health benefits and how it can help you get healthier.
- Protect your hearing. Your Apple Watch can warn you of loud noise to protect against hearing damage. This wearable has a Noise app in which the Apple Watch detects loud noise, usually above 90 decibels, and pings you with a notification about the risk of hearing loss.
Turn on the Environmental Sound Measurements option to begin monitoring noise levels. From there, you can set a decibel level at which you want to be warned if the sound around you gets too loud. You can set up the decibel threshold via your iPhone or watch.
- Track your menstrual cycle. The Cycle Tracking app of your Apple Watch enables you to track your menstrual cycle. Tracking your period is essential if you want to understand your overall health. You may not know, but irregular menstrual cycles can potentially indicate conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome, infertility, osteoporosis, and the transition to menopause.
If you want to set this up on your iPhone, you must open the Health app and tap Browse > Cycle Tracking > Get Started. From there, you will need to enter the data of your last period. You should also indicate how many days your period usually lasts and choose the typical length of each cycle.
- Detect falls. Some Apple Watches come with a helpful safety feature called Fall Detection. Through this feature, if you take a hard fall that renders you unconscious or unable to move, your watch can automatically contact emergency services.
How does it work, you ask? The fall detection feature works by sounding an alarm if you fall and sending you a push notification asking if you are okay. If your Apple Watch doesn't detect any movement and you don't tap the push notification, it calls emergency services for help.
- Alert you if you have an abnormal heart rhythm. Your Apple Watch has a built-in Heart Rate app that monitors your heart rate at any time. You can also take an electrocardiogram (ECG) to check your heart rhythm. Through this, your Apple Watch can alert you if it finds any irregularities, such as atrial fibrillation.
You can call emergency services if you are experiencing any chest pains or other symptoms. And if you have a known condition, you can also use your Apple Watch to track your heart rhythm.
- Measure your blood oxygen level. Did you know that a consistently low blood oxygen level could indicate respiratory or pulmonary issues? With your Apple Watch, you can measure your level using a built-in app and an oximeter. This tells you if you are getting enough oxygen to your brain.
- Calm you down in times of stress. Your Apple Watch has the native Breathe app. This can help you calm down instantly with breathing exercises designed to slow you down and bring you into the present moment. While there are a lot of meditation apps available, there is no need for you to download them since there is one already conveniently installed on your wrist.
WHY IS MY APPLE WATCH SO UNCOMFORTABLE?
Apple Watch is a great device. Some users say their watch is too uncomfortable to wear all day.
What is the reason for this? This is a common complaint, and it's essential to know the problem and how to fix it.
The most common reason people are uncomfortable wearing their Apple Watch all day long is that they have a smaller wrist or even smaller than usual.
The screen of the Apple Watch is relatively small compared with other smartwatches, so if you have a small wrist, then it's likely that you'll find it uncomfortable to use your iPhone all day long. This can be particularly problematic for those who want to use their watch as their primary timepiece.
HOW DO I STOP MY APPLE WATCH BAND FROM IRRITATING?
Apple Watch bands are one of the most popular accessories for Apple's wearables. They come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors. But even though they look great, some bands can be a bit uncomfortable to wear.
The problem is that the Apple Watch band is made with a simple clasp designed to attach and detach from the watch easily. However, this clasp can sometimes irritate you when you wear it all day long.
How to stop your Apple Watch band from irritating
There are several ways you can prevent your Apple Watch band from irritating you:
Adjust the size of your band, so it fits properly. The first thing you should do is adjust the size of your Apple Watch band, so it fits properly on your wrist. The end of the strap should be tight enough around your wrist. If it is too loose, it will move around a lot when you move your arms and may cause irritation; if it is too tight, it will be uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time because it will cut off circulation to your hand and fingers.
Make sure that there are no rough edges on the inside of your strap where it meets your skin or anywhere else along its length that could irritate you after
You can also use this 2 in 1 Bracelet 2 in 1 Bracelet Sizer & Ring Sizer Measuring Tool to accurately measure your wrist before buying Apple Watch Band
WHAT ARE THE BEST APPLE WATCH BANDS FOR ARTHRITIS?
The following are the best bands that are exceptionally easy to put on and adjust.
- NYLON SPORT LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Lightweight and breathable, with more than 500 threads of 100% durable nylon intertwined together, this carefully woven Nylon Sport Loop for your Apple Watch is impervious to both tears and abrasions. Perfect for anyone on the go, whether that be on your morning run or a 12-hour shift on the E.R. floor.
- DUAL COLOR SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build-up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
- LEATHER LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Manufactured with the finest leather materials and finished with explicit attention to detail, this is the ideal leather loop replacement for your Apple Watch. Its unique design comes with a strong and effective magnetic clasp that is quick and easy to fasten in place and convenient to adjust accordingly.
- MILANESE STAINLESS STEEL BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Easily secure your size. This band is supplied with a unique, strong magnetic closing mechanism that makes it infinitely adjustable, ensuring a perfect fit.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.