The Apple Watch is one of the most sought after gadgets by all walks of life. This wearable is in demand due to its capabilities which can enhance the quality of your lives. It can lower your stress, reminds you of your tasks, and gives access to everything you need.
Apple Watch can do what your other devices can't because it's on your wrist. When you wear this device, you get a fitness partner that measures all the ways you move. This wearable provides you with meaningful health insights, and a connection to the people and things you care about most.
Nurses can deliver the best care when they have power, intuitive tools. The Apple Watch can help them work efficiently within hospitals and connect remotely with patients.
With the device, the nurses' care becomes more efficient, more personalized, and ultimately more human.
Benefits of Apple Watch to Nurses
Nurses use smartwatches as a part of their everyday practice for several reasons. This ranges from taking pulses to setting reminders to check on patients or administer medications.
A smartwatch can be useful for nurses for taking vital sounds such as counting respirations or heart rate. The device can also be used to monitor how fast you are pushing a medication, timing procedures, or running a code.
- App Notifications. Notifications are one of the most beloved features of the Apple Watch for busy nurses. This feature provides valuable information which enables nurses to decide whether to take action on an urgent task.
Apple Watch notifications include reminders, timers, activity tracking, weather alerts, and app-specific notifications.
If you are a busy nurse, receiving notifications on your wrist is convenient and beneficial. You can spend more time focusing on your work and taking care of your patients without getting distracted by your smartphone.
You also wouldn't have to worry about missed alerts, reminders, and other important information.
- Apps. Apple Watch has its own app store. This means your wearable can provide you with lots of functionality and customization beyond the smartwatch's basic features. Several applications can improve communication, task management, note-taking, password management, and healthcare work.
The following are some of the invaluable apps used by nurses:
- Patient communication apps
- Medication and medical reminders
- Medical alerts
- Medical news updates and education
- Calendar event reminders
- Vital values
- Medical timers
- Electronic health records
- Gestational age, dosage, and numbered calculators
- Password management
If you have the experience in coding and app development, you can create your own apps for work. The apps you make can extend your Apple Watch's functionality.
- Reminders and Calendar. Your Apple Watch can connect to your iPhone so you can read your data across devices. Additionally, you can import or sync your data. This way you can keep track of activities and tasks directly from your wrist.
Reminders and calendar events pop up on the display of your Apple Watch and create a sound. This will let you know when an event begins. You can also customize both reminders and calendar for specific alarms and reminder times. This feature is useful if you have things planned or you have multiple tasks that you need to be reminded of.
Furthermore, your Apple Watch comes with its own reminders and calendar apps. This allows you to create events directly from the smartwatch. As such, you can add or delete and monitor events directly from your wrist even without using your phone.
- Health Monitoring and Activity Tracking. Being a nurse means you are always active, be it attending to doctor's orders or monitoring patients. If you want to stay up-to-date on your health, you can use your Apple Watch's various health monitoring and activity tracking features. Through these features, you can keep track of vital data and make corrections to improve your lifestyle.
What are the Best Apple Watch Bands for Nurses?
- Apple Sport Band. The sport band is Apple's basic model and despite that, it still works for patient care. The silicone strap is easy to wipe down and even sanitize with your healthcare grade wipes.
The Apple Sport Band is made from custom high-performance fluoroelastomer. It is durable and strong, yet surprisingly soft. This smooth and dense band drapes elegantly across your wrist and feels comfortable next to your skin.
- Apple Sport Loop. The sport loop band is super comfortable, making it a good fit for nurses at work. The band, as per its name, looks sport and casual. It is soft, breathable, and lightweight.
The sport loop features a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment. It is made of double-layer nylon weave that has dense loops on the skin side. These loops provide soft cushioning while allowing moisture to escape.
- Apple Leather Loop. If you want a more professional look yet comfortable to wear, the leather loop is perfect for you. Did you know that the Venezia leather for this band is handcrafted in Arzignano, Italy? The delicate milling and tumbling process enhances the beautiful pebbled texture.
The magnets in this band are concealed within the soft, quilted leather. This allows you to simply wrap the strap around your wrist for a precise fit and a trim look.
- Sport Nylon Band. Spartan Watches' sport nylon band is made with more than 500 threads woven together of 100 percent durable nylon. This strap is impervious to both tears and abrasions and is built to last. The materials used for this band provide you with the most comfortable and relaxing wearing experience.
This band also sports the fastest closing system possible in the form of a secure Velcro closure. With this, you can adjust and secure your device easily within seconds.
- Speidel Scrub Watch band. Ths silicone watch strap stands on its own when it comes to comfort, style, and quality. The watch band is designed to be easily taken off and put on. That way it won't even slow you down. It comes in various colors that are especially designed to match with your favorite scrubs.