Did you know that Apple Watch is a favorite among nursing students and medical professionals? It's not just because of its beautiful design. Apple Watch has become famous in healthcare due to its features, convenience, and functionality.
The most suitable Apple Watches for nurses and healthcare professionals are those with the features they need to get the job done.
BENEFITS OF APPLE WATCH TO HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
For medical practitioners, having a device that can improve their performance and stay connected with family members is invaluable. This is especially true with the current pandemic everyone is going through.
Here are some benefits the Apple Watch has provided to healthcare professionals.
- App notifications. This is one of the most beloved features that busy nurses find helpful in the Apple Watch. Notifications provide valuable information to healthcare providers. This allows them to decide whether to take action on an urgent task.
Apple Watch notifications include reminders, timers, weather alerts, activity tracking, and app-specific notifications.
If you are a nurse or medical practitioner on duty, having a device on your wrist that gives you notifications is handy. You can focus more on your work and care for patients without distraction.
You will also not need to reach for your phone when you receive an alert. You won't have to worry about missed calls, reminders, and other important information.
- Messaging. Apple Watch allows healthcare professionals to receive messages hands-free. This means that they can always know what's going on. This can be extremely important to those who have critical situations that require up-to-date information. It can also be helpful during emergencies and when phones are prohibited due to work restrictions.
Besides receiving messages, healthcare professionals can also respond to texts from their wrists. As such, nurses can stay in contact with healthcare workers to communicate with coworkers and family.
- App store. Apple Watch, just like the iPhone, has its app store. It can provide tons of functionality and customization beyond an Apple Watch's basic features. Several applications can improve communication, task management, note-taking, and healthcare work.
Some invaluable apps used by nurses and medical professionals include:
- Patient communication apps
- Medication and medical reminders
- Medical alerts
- Medical news updates and education
- Calendar event reminders
- Vital values
- Medical timers
- Electronic health records
- Gestational age, dosage, and numbered calculators
- Password management
- Reminders and calendar. Apple Watch can connect to your iPhone so you can read your data across devices. You can also import or sync your data. This way, you can keep track of activities and tasks directly from your wrist.
The Apple Watch is convenient since reminders and calendar events will appear on display. It also creates a sound that will tell you when an event begins.
Nurses and healthcare providers can set specific alarms and reminder times on their Apple Watches. This can be especially useful if you plan things or have multiple tasks you must remember.
- Activity tracking and health monitoring. Medical healthcare professionals have active and hectic lives. With Apple Watch, they can utilize its health monitoring and activity tracking features. This way, they can stay up-to-date on their health, keep track of vital data, and improve their lifestyle.
Among the health features of the Apple Watch health are:
- Heart rate monitoring
- ECG monitoring for detecting atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- Fall detection
- Noise detection for assessing the surrounding sound levels
- Menstrual cycle tracking
Apple Watch can also help you in your exercise and other physical activities. This device's fitness features include the following:
- Exercise trends
- Workout history
- Activity sharing
- Activity rings
- Exercise app
- Fitness awards
- Clock, timer, stopwatch, and alarms. Apple Watch offers healthcare professionals various ways to keep track of important activities. They can set alarms for tasks they must complete at a specific time.
Healthcare providers have multiple activities they need to perform daily. Apple Watch can help when handing out medication or performing scheduled patient checks.
- GPS and cellular functionality. Apple Watch allows healthcare workers to stay connected to their loved ones. They can also remain linked to locations, apps, and activities while away from their iPhones.
Regarding GPS, medical workers can go for runs, get directions and track their location with their Apple Watch. This is incredibly convenient for those who want to avoid carrying their phone anywhere.
CAN I WEAR MY APPLE WATCH AS A NURSE?
A nurse can wear a smartwatch while they're on the job.
The Apple Watch is the perfect choice for nurses who need to be able to access patient data quickly. The watch has a built-in heart rate monitor, which can help you keep tabs on your patients' heart rates. You can also use it to receive notifications about when their vitals are getting too high or low.
The Apple Watch also has other features that make it useful for nursing. For instance, you can use it as an alarm clock that wakes you up simultaneously every morning, so you don't miss any shifts. You can also use it to track your steps and see how much exercise you're getting each day — both necessary health measures for people in your line of work.
WHICH APPLE WATCH STRAP IS MOST COMFORTABLE?
The Apple Watch is a superior technology, but it could be better for your wrist. The watch can cause severe irritation and skin damage if you wear it too long.
If you want to wear your Apple Watch for an extended period without causing any harm to your skin, then you need to ensure that you get the right strap.
The most comfortable straps are made from leather and silicone. Leather straps are soft and flexible, while silicone straps are soft and lightweight.
These two materials are the most comfortable because they're breathable, which can help prevent sweat from building up on your wrist. These materials also absorb moisture, so they help keep your skin dry and healthy.
WHAT ARE THE BEST BANDS FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS?
There are several Apple Watch band styles healthcare workers can choose from. Are you looking for a band purely aesthetic appearance? Or a functional band? Whatever the band's appearance, materials and color, you use it with the Apple Watch. This is because Apple Watch can be customized.
The following are the best bands that healthcare professionals wear to get the maximum efficacy from their Apple Watches.
1. NYLON SPORT LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Lightweight and breathable, with more than 500 threads of 100% durable nylon intertwined together, this carefully woven Nylon Sport Loop for your Apple Watch is impervious to both tears and abrasions. Perfect for anyone on the go, whether that be on your morning run or a 12-hour shift on the E.R. floor.
2. DUAL COLOR SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build-up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
3. LEATHER LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Manufactured with the finest leather materials and finished with explicit attention to detail, this is the ideal leather loop replacement for your Apple Watch. Its unique design comes with a strong and effective magnetic clasp that is quick and easy to fasten in place and convenient to adjust accordingly.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.