Did you know that Apple Watch is a favorite among nursing students and medical professionals? It's not just because of its beautiful design. Apple Watch has become a favorite in healthcare due to its features, convenience and functionality.
The most suitable Apple Watches for nurses and healthcare professionals are those with features they need to get the job done.
Benefits of Apple Watch to Healthcare Professionals
For medical practitioners, having a device that can improve their performance as well as stay connected with family members is invaluable. This is especially true with the current pandemic everyone is going through.
Here are some of the benefits the Apple Watch has provided to healthcare professionals.
- App notifications. This is one of the most beloved features that busy nurses find useful in Apple Watch. Notifications provide valuable information to healthcare providers. This allows them to decide whether to take action on an urgent task.
Apple Watch notifications include reminders, timers, weather alerts, activity tracking, and app-specific notifications.
If you are a nurse or medical practitioner on duty, having a device on your wrist that gives you notifications is handy. You can focus more on your work and taking care of patients without being distracted.
You will also have no need to reach for your phone when you receive an alert. You won't even have to worry about missed calls, reminders, and other important information.
- Messaging. Apple Watch allows healthcare professionals to receive messages hands-free. This means that they can always know what's going on. This can be extremely important to those who have critical situations that require up-to-date information. It can also be useful during emergencies as well as in times when phones are prohibited due to work restrictions.
Apart from receiving messages, healthcare professionals can also respond to texts from their wrists. As such, nurses can stay in contact with healthcare workers to communicate with coworkers and family.
- App store. Apple Watch, just like the iPhone, has its own app store. It can provide tons of functionality and customization beyond an Apple Watch's basic features. There are several applications that can improve communication, task management, note-taking, and healthcare work.
Some invaluable apps used by nurses and medical professionals include:
- Patient communication apps
- Medication and medical reminders
- Medical alerts
- Medical news updates and education
- Calendar event reminders
- Vital values
- Medical timers
- Electronic health records
- Gestational age, dosage, and numbered calculators
- Password management
- Reminders and calendar. Apple Watch can connect to your iPhone so you can read your data across devices. You can also import or sync your data. This way, you can keep track of activities and tasks directly from your wrist.
Apple Watch is convenient since reminders and calendar events will pop up on display. It also creates a sound which will let you know when an event begins.
Nurses and healthcare providers can set specific alarms and reminder times on their Apple Watches. This can be especially useful if you plan things or have multiple tasks you need to be reminded of.
- Activity tracking and health monitoring. Medical healthcare professionals have active and very busy lives. With Apple Watch, they can utilize its health monitoring and activity tracking features. This way, they can stay up-to-date on their health, keep track of vital data, and improve their lifestyle.
Among the health features of Apple Watch health are:
- Heart rate monitoring
- ECG monitoring for detecting atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- Fall detection
- Noise detection for assessing the surrounding sound levels
- Menstrual cycle tracking
Apple Watch can also help you in your exercise and other physical activities. This device's fitness features include:
- Exercise trends
- Workout history
- Activity sharing
- Activity rings
- Exercise app
- Fitness awards
- Clock, timer, stopwatch, and alarms. Apple Watch offers healthcare professionals various ways to keep track of important activities. They can set alarms for tasks they need to complete at a specific time.
Healthcare providers have multiple activities they need to perform daily. Apple Watch can help in times when they hand out medication or perform scheduled patient checks.
- GPS and cellular functionality. Apple Watch allows healthcare workers to stay connected to their loved ones. They can also stay linked to locations, apps, and activities while they are away from their iPhones.
In terms of GPS, medical workers can go for runs, get directions and track their location with just their Apple Watch. This is especially convenient to those who don't want to carry their phone anywhere.
What are the Best Bands for Healthcare Professionals?
There are several Apple Watch band styles healthcare workers can choose from. Are you looking for a band purely aesthetic appearance? Or a band that is functional? Whatever the band's appearance, materials and color, you use it with the Apple Watch. This is because Apple Watch has the ability to be customized.
The following are the best bands that healthcare professionals wear to get the maximum efficacy of their Apple Watches.
- Sport Band. Among those in the medical field, the Sport band is the best option of Apple Watch band. This is because the band is made of easy-to-clean materials. It is durable and a snug fit on your wrist.
What makes Sport band the best band is due to its fade-resistance and being very water-friendly. Sport band is ideal if you are going to perform a lot of hand washing.
The Sport band is also fairly lightweight compared to the stainless steel band.
- Sport Loop. If you want to be a bit stylish while doing your healthcare work, you can opt to wear the Sport Loop. This nylon band is stylish and at the same time really hard-wearing and comfortable.
The Sport Loop is made from double-layer nylon and has a clever design on the skin side. It uses larger loops for cushioning and breathability. This makes the band a good fit for healthcare professionals at work.
- Leather band. The leather band gives a more professional look. It is also relatively easy to clean. The leather strap allows your Apple Watch to move around on your wrist.
- Apple Nike Sport Band. It is already established that sports bands are the best band for workers in the medical field. The Apple Nike Sport Band has the toughness and design simplicity of the normal Sport band. However, what makes it different is its compression-molded perforations.
These compression-molded perforations, otherwise known as holes, make a big difference to the long-term comfort of your Apple Watch. The holes enable your skin to breathe under the strap.