Recently, the idea of using your Apple Watch for golf has become popular. Apple Watch has changed how golfers approach their game today.
This is not surprising since Apple Watch has many features that make it the best golf watch. These capabilities range from its fitness tracking features to its ability to receive calls and messages.
Using your Apple Watch for golf can allow you to do the following:
- Accurate GPS distances to the front, middle, and back of greens
- Key hazards info and yardages
- Track you scores
- Complete hle sky views
- Track key statistics (fairways hit, greens in regulation, putting, up and downs, etc.)
If you've been using a golf watch before, you will notice that some of the features mentioned above are not available on your golf watch.
CAN YOU WEAR AN APPLE WATCH WHILE PLAYING GOLF?
The Apple Watch is an excellent device for golfers. It can be used to get notifications about scores and weather updates. It can also track your golf score, an essential part of the game. You can even call or message people when you're on the course.
Golfers have debated for years whether it is acceptable to wear a watch while playing golf. Some say it is a distraction since you look at your wrist instead of the ball. Others say it's okay if you're wearing an Apple Watch because it doesn't have any buttons and, therefore, can't be used to cheat.
The debate was reignited when Rory McIlroy, who has been wearing his Apple Watch while playing golf for years, said in an interview with the BBC that he believes the watch is now "acceptable."
"I don't think anyone would care," he said in the interview. "It's just like having a phone in your pocket."
The answer is yes. Your Apple Watch is good for golf. It's great. All you need to do is get one of the best golf apps for your Apple Watch.
CAN YOU GET GOLF YARDAGE ON APPLE WATCH?
The Apple Watch's newest feature, "Golf," is a way to track your game and get yardage information.
This new feature will allow you to use your watch to measure distance, keep score, and receive alerts for hazards.
You can also use the Apple Watch's GPS to track real-time distances.
GOLF APPS FOR YOUR APPLE WATCH
To further utilize your Apple Watch, all you need to do is download golf apps. The following are some of the best and most famous golf apps available.
- Hole 19 Golf App. This app offers several features that match the top premium golf watches on the market. The Hole 19 app works well and is so easy to use. These features are the following:
- GPS for +42,000 Golf courses
- Hole overviews
- Hazard info
- Accurate yardages to the front, middle, and back of the green
- Scoring (Stroke/Stableford)
- Auto-change hole
- Key Statistics (like driving accuracy, GIR, putts, up and downs, scrambling, etc.)
- Match play
- Distance tracker
- Premium maps
- Club recommendation
- Augmented reality
- Handicap simulator
- Club statistics
- Advanced Statistics
And so many others.
- Golf Shot App. The yardage to hazards was accurate and easy to navigate on the Apple Watch using this app. The Golf Shot App features:
- 40,000 courses worldwide
- Skyview of each hole using augmented reality that you view in detail on your phone
- Get real-time distances to the green, hazards, and targets.
- Digital scorecards
- Statistics tracking
- Link your handicap and post scores
- Voice assistant distances to say the yardages for you.
- GolfLogix. This app has tee times and instruction capabilities. The GolfLogix app works best if you can use your phone in concert with your Apple Watch. The watch app has green images and layup distances that you will only find as good as the other watch apps.
- SwingU. This app is simple yet effective with its large yardages and buttons for scoring. This app has a feature wherein when you arrive at the green, and the watch display automatically switches to scoring.
- 18Birdies. This app promotes a library of instruction, advanced game analytics, and lots of social perks.
Other Golf Apps available for download on your Apple Watch are:
- Golf Pad
- Golf GPS++
- Fun Golf
WHAT ARE THE BEST APPLE WATCH BANDS TO WEAR WHILE GOLFING?
Wearing an Apple Watch while doing your swings is restricting and uncomfortable. This is not the case, mainly if you use the right band.
To acquire the perfect band to wear while you are golfing, it should meet the following requirements:
- It should be comfortable to wear all day.
- It should be easy to take on and off.
- It should dry quickly, even if completely submerged in water.
- It must be adjustable to ensure the heart rate sensor maintains close contact with the skin.
Here are some of the best bands you can wear with your Apple Watch while golfing.
- NYLON SPORT LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH. Made from supreme quality nylon comes this unique, tasteful and inspiring sport loop, designed for your fitness activity. This is a beautiful band that is built-to-last and made from the finest materials providing you with the most comfortable and relaxing watch wearing experiences.
- DUAL COLOR SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH. Perfectly designed for your Apple Watch, the Sport Watch Band is great for everyday wear and any activity with its sleek, modern look and air ventilation channels.
Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build-up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
- Monowear Nylon Active Band. This band is precisely adjustable for just the right fit. The Monowear Nylon Active Band has nylon as its primary material. This means that the band dries quickly when it gets in contact with water.
This band doesn't stretch like the Apple Sport Loop. However, Nylon Active Band gives you more control over how tight you would like the band to be.
- Nomad Sport Strap. This strap uses vulcanized silicone. It is comfortable to use because it stretches. This makes your watch relatively tight around your wrist without you feeling uncomfortable.
This band is comfortable to wear and is waterproof. The strap's silicone also has antimicrobial properties as well as hypoallergenic. This reduces the chance of bacterial growth from your sweat and dead skin cells.
- Meridio Caoutchouc Collection. Did you know Meridio is an Italian company making premium Apple Watch bands? The company's sports bands' design does not look like the average fitness band.
Their bands have a thick layer of cotton and matching stitching on top of the strap. The bands are relatively broad, which adds to their premium look and feel.
This band is sporty and elegant at the same time. It is also waterproof, and the strap dries quickly.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.