Recently, the idea of using your Apple Watch for golf has become popular. Apple Watch has changed how golfers approach their game today.
This is not surprising since Apple Watch has a lot of features that makes it the best golf watch. These capabilities range from its fitness tracking features to its ability to receive calls and messages.
Using your Apple Watch for golf can give you the opportunity to do the following:
- Accurate GPS distances to the front, middle and back of greens
- Key hazards info and yardages
- Track you scores
- Complete hle sky views
- Track key statistics (fairways hit, greens in regulation, putting, up and downs, etc.)
If you're using a golf watch before, you will notice that some of the above-mentioned features are not available on your golf watch.
What are the Best Apple Watch Bands to Wear While Golfing?
Some of you might think that wearing an Apple Watch while doing your swings is restricting and uncomfortable. This is not the case, especially if you are using the right band.
To acquire the perfect band to wear while you are golfing, it should meet the following requirements:
- It should be comfortable to wear all day.
- It should be easy to take on and off.
- It should dry quickly, even if completely submerged in water.
- It must be adjustable, to make sure the heart rate sensor maintains close contact with the skin.
Here are some of the best bands you can wear with your Apple Watch while golfing.
- Apple Sport Band. Referred to as the basic band. The Sport band is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer. This makes the band durable and strong, yet surprisingly soft.
The smooth, dense material drapes elegantly across your wrist. The Sport band feels comfortable next to your skin. It has an innovative pin-and-tuck closure that ensures a clean fit. What's more, the Sport band is available in various colors.
All of these explain why Sport band, despite being called the basic band, is still sought after.
- Apple's Nike Sport Band. Referred by most people as the best looking watch band. The Nike Sport Band is a strong and durable band with a surprisingly soft feel. The Nike Sport band is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer with compression-molded perforations for breathability.
Just like the Sport band, it has a smooth, dense material that wraps elegantly across your wrist. It also feels comfortable next to your skin. To ensure that the band is a clean fit, the Nike Sport band has a pin-and-tuck closure.
- Apple Sport Loop. This band is soft, breathable, and lightweight. The Sport Loop has a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment.
The double-layer nylon weave of the band has dense loops on the skin side. This provides soft cushioning while allowing moisture to escape. On the reverse side of the band, the attachment loops are securely anchored for superior durability.
- Monowear Nylon Active Band. This band is precisely adjustable for just the right fit. The Monowear Nylon Active Band has nylon as its primary material. This means that the band dries quickly when it gets in contact with water.
This band doesn't stretch like the Apple Sport Loop. However, Nylon Active Band gives you more control over just how tight you would like the band to be.
- Nomad Sport Strap. This strap uses vulcanized silicone. It is comfortable to use because it stretches. This makes your watch relatively tight around your wrist without you feeling uncomfortable.
The strap's silicone also has antimicrobial properties as well as hypoallergenic. This reduces the chance of bacterial growth from your sweat and dead skin cells. This band is comfortable to wear and is waterproof.
- Meridio Caoutchouc Collection. Did you know that Meridio is an Italian company that makes premium Apple Watch bands? The company's sports bands' design does not look like the average fitness band.
Their bands have a thick layer of cotton on top of the strap and the matching stitching. The bands are relatively thick, which adds to their premium look and feel.
This band is sporty and elegant at the same time. It is also waterproof and the strap dries quickly.
Golf Apps for your Apple Watch
- Hole 19 Golf App. The Hole 19 app works really well and so easy to use. This app offers several features that match the top premium golf watches on the market. These features are the following:
- GPS for +42,000 Golf courses
- Hole overviews
- Hazard info
- Accurate yardages to the front, middle and back of the green
- Scoring (Stroke/Stableford)
- Auto-change hole
- Key Statistics (like driving accuracy, GIR, putts, up and downs, scrambling, etc.)
- Match play
- Distance tracker
- Premium maps
- Club recommendation
- Augmented reality
- Handicap simulator
- Club statistics
- Advanced statistics
And so many others.
- Golf Shot App. The yardage to hazards were accurate and easy to navigate on the Apple Watch using this app. The Golf Shot App features:
- 40,000 courses worldwide
- SkyViews of each hole using augmented reality that you view in detail on your phone
- Get real-time distances to the green, hazards and targets
- Digital scorecards
- Statistics tracking
- Link your handicap and post scores
- Voice assistant distances to say the yardages for you
- GolfLogix. This app has tee times and instruction capabilities. The watch app has green images and layup distances that you will not find any better than the other watch apps. The GolfLogix app works best if you are willing to use your phone in concert with your Apple Watch.
- SwingU. This app is simple yet effective with its large yardages and buttons for scoring. This app has a feature wherein when you arrive at the green, the watch display would automatically switch to scoring.
- 18Birdies. This app promotes a library of instruction, advanced game analytics, and lots of social perks.
Other Golf Apps available for downloads on your Apple Watch are:
- Golf Pad
- Golf GPS++
- Fun Golf