Known as the "ultimate device for a healthy life," the Apple Watch is like a mini-computer for your wrist. It feels like an accessory; when you wear it, you get a fitness partner that measures all the ways you move.
The Apple Watch gives meaningful health insights. You can connect to the people and things you care about the most with just a glance at your wrist.
You will not need to dig into your pocket or rummage in your bag for your phone to look at the time. You can turn your wrist, the screen lights up, and you can view the time and date.
If you're planning on getting an Apple Watch of your own, there are things you should consider first. One of them is choosing the size, incredibly, if you are blessed with small or skinny wrists.
44MM OR 40MM ON YOUR SMALL WRIST
Choosing the size of your Apple Watch does not only affect the device's price. It also affects the band's compatibility, display size, and whether it will look good on your wrist.
There are four Apple Watch sizes: 38mm, 42mm, 40mm, and 44mm. The Apple Watch Series 4 to Series 6 models come in 40 and 44mm. You can still buy the older models with the 38mm and 44mm casting.
- 40mm Apple Watch. The 40mm is generally advised if you have a wrist size between 130-200mm or 5.1-7.9 inches. This Apple Watch has a 759 sq mm display area and a 394 x 324 pixels size. The 40mm-specific bands include the Modern Buckle, Hermès Single Tour (specific colors), and Hermès Double Tour.
- 44mm Apple Watch. The 44mm, however, is generally advised if you have a wrist size of 140-220mm or 5.5-8.7 inches. This Apple Watch has a 977 sq mm display area and 448 x 368 pixels display size. The 44mm-specific bands include the Leather Loop, Hermès Single Tour (specific colors), and Hermès Single Tour Deployment Buckle.
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THE 44MM SIZE
- Large screen. If you want the most significant and clearest screen on an Apple Watch, choose the 44mm. This watch will allow you to see more things rather than display everything slightly bigger. You will also be able to navigate more easily.
This means you can easily see your notifications, switch soundtracks, take calls, and read texts. You will be able to tap on tiny icons if you have large fingers.
- Battery Life. The 44mm Apple Watch has a slightly bigger battery than the 40mm watch. This is due to more room in the casing. So, if battery life is essential, the 44mm Apple Watch is right for you.
BANDS FOR YOUR 44MM APPLE WATCH
While Apple Watch bands are compatible between generations, they are only compatible with the right size. This means that if you have an older Apple Watch that's 44mm, you can use the bands with the latest 44mm Apple Watch. However, you cannot use those bands for the 40mm Apple Watch.
Apart from the compatibility and size, you also have to consider the design and color of your band. Do you want an extravagant band? A band that makes your Apple Watch look like a glitzy accessory you can show off? Or do you want a band with a simple design?
Here are some of the best bands you can choose from for your 44mm Apple Watch
- Apple Sport Band. This band is an original that’s still an excellent all-rounder. The Apple Sport band comes with a variety of colors to choose from. It is simple and hard-wearing as it is made of nicer materials than the knock-offs you'll find on certain auction sites. This means you will not get a band with odd things happening to your skin after a few hours of wear.
- Apple Sport Loop. This band is hard-wearing and comfortable. The Apple Sport Loop is made from double-layer nylon and has a clever design on the skin side. It uses larger loops for cushioning and breathability.
- Apple Solo Loop. Known for its "all in one simplicity." The Apple Solo Loop is a rubberized colored loop that stretches over your fingers and snaps onto your wrist. This band comes with several dark and bright colors.
- Apple Pride Edition Sport Band. A band that lets you wear your principles. The Apple Pride Edition Sport Band shows a bright bold statement of support and unity. It is die-cut by machine and then compression molded together. This means that the seams of the color strips on each strap are unique.
- Apple Nike Sport Band. This band is simple, stylish and won't suffocate your skin. The Nike Sport Band has the toughness and design simplicity of the normal Sport Band. However, it also has those compression-molded perforations or better known as holes.
The holes make a big difference to the long-term comfort of the Apple Watch. It is because they enable your skin to breathe under the band.
- Apple Leather Loop. An excellent band that comes in yellow, brown or black. The Leather Loop has a clever segmented magnetic closure. That means you can get a precise and comfortable fit every time.
The Leather Loop is perfect for you if you want a band that you can use for your Apple Watch in formal events or for work.
In the end, it all boils down to your personal preference. If you want a bigger, bulkier watch, even with a small wrist, you can choose the 44mm. You can choose that one if you feel more comfortable in the 40mm size.
However, some people with small wrists opted to use the 44mm due to its display and usability.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.