Everyone knows that the most popular feature of the Apple Watch can't be found in its software. It's actually the opportunity to personalize your Apple Watch's appearance to suit your needs and style.
How? By simply changing the type and color of your Apple Watch band. You see, Apple lets you mix and match Apple Watch bands. You can even customize your wearable by making a watch band of your own.
But first, you need to get the right watch band for you. This means, a band that is made with materials that doesn't cause you skin irritation, especially if you have allergies. You also need to get the correct size of watch band for your wrist.
Here's how you can choose the right size of band for your wrist:
- Determine your wrist size. Keep in mind that an ideal watch band should not be too tight or too loose. There should be room for your skin to breathe. This will keep you comfortable and let the sensors do their jobs.
Generally, the male wrist measures 15 to 19 cm while the female measures 14 to 18 cm. If you want to determine the ideal length of your band, you will have to take the measurement of the circumference of your wrist.
- Take your measurements. What you need is a meter of seamstress. If you don't have one, you can use a string or a tape. And then put it on a ruler. With that, wrap your wrist loosely. Once you get the measurement, you should round it to half a centimeter above.
- Choose your Apple Watch band. What color do you want? What kind of band is comfortable with your skin? While choosing the type, color and style of band you want, there are things you need to remember.
Keep in mind that bands for 38mm and 40mm cases are compatible with each other. Bands for 42mm and 44mm cases are compatible with each other as well.
How to Get the Apple Watch Band Off?
As previously mentioned, you can change the bands of your Apple Watch. That means you can use a sports band when doing your workout. And once you're done, you can swap it with a leather band when you go to the office for work.
But the thing is, there are cases that the Apple Watch band won't come off when you change bands. Why? You see, over time oil or gunk gets into the watch band channel slot. They can also get onto the ends of the bands themselves.
In such cases, here's what you should do:
- Use a non ammonia cleaner. With how much time you wear your Apple Watch, it is expected that the device and its band will get dirty. That's why it is necessary to clean your band, especially if you're doing dirty work.
To clean the watch band channel slot and the ends of the band, you should use a non ammonia cleaner. Clean slot and band with it occasionally.
- Use warm water and dish soap. You can clean the connection point of the band with some warm water and dish soap. Just make sure that your band is completely dry before wearing your Apple Watch.
If all else fails and the issue persists, then you might want to consider calling in an expert. That means contacting Apple Support. You can make a Genius Bar reservation for further assistance.
Do you want to maximize comfort and prevent long-term damage to your Apple Watch? You should keep your device, bands, and your skin clean and dry. This is especially important after workouts. This is also applied when your device and band is exposed to liquids like sweat, soap, sunscreen, and lotions.
How to Correctly Change Your Apple Watch Band?
Before anything else, you should make sure that you use a band that corresponds to your Apple Watch case size. You can use a band designed for the first generation Apple Watch with Series 4 and later.
You can also use the band for Apple Watch Series 1, 2, and 3 with Series 4 and later and Watch SE too. That is, as long as the sizes are compatible.
To change Apple Watch band, you only need to follow these steps:
- First, place your Apple Watch face down over a clean surface. Said surface can be a lint-free, microfiber cloth or a soft, padded mat.
- If you have a Link Bracelet, what you need to do is to press the quick release button on a link. This is so you can separate the band into two pieces.
- Next, hold down the band release button. Then, slide the band across to remove it.
- If you find that the band doesn't slide out, you should press the band release button again. Make sure that you hold it down.
- You should make sure that the text on the band is facing you. After that, slide the new band in until you feel and hear a click.
If you have a Solo Loop or Braided Solo Loop, you just need to simply pull from the bottom of the band. This is to stretch the band over your wrist when you put it on and take it off.
How about when you are using the Milanese Loop? You will find that the redesigned Milanese Loop is easy to take off. Just open the band completely by sliding the magnetic closure through the band connector.
Now you can enjoy using your Apple Watch with its personalized band. Keep in mind that if you want the best results, the back of your Apple Watch needs skin contact. This is so that its sensors can do their jobs. Especially for features like Wrist Detect, the Taptic Engine, and the electrical and optical heart sensors.
You can also tighten your Apple Watch band when doing your workouts. Just don't forget to loosen it when you are done. Moreover, the sensors will work only if you wear your Apple Watch on the top of your wrist.
WHAT IS THE BEST APPLE WATCH BAND YOU CAN BUY TODAY?
The following are some of the best Apple Watch bands you can purchase today:
NYLON SPORT LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Lightweight and breathable, with more than 500 threads of 100% durable nylon intertwined together, this carefully woven Nylon Sport Loop for your Apple Watch is impervious to both tears and abrasions. Perfect for anyone on the go, whether that be on your morning run or a 12-hour shift on the E.R. floor.
SILICONE SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build-up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
LEATHER LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Manufactured with the finest leather materials and finished with explicit attention to detail, this is the ideal leather loop replacement for your Apple Watch. Its unique design comes with a strong and effective magnetic clasp that is quick and easy to fasten in place and convenient to adjust accordingly.
MILANESE STAINLESS STEEL BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Easily secure your size. This band is supplied with a unique, strong magnetic closing mechanism that makes it infinitely adjustable, ensuring a perfect fit.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.