How to Clean Samsung Galaxy Watch Band
The Samsung Galaxy Watch is a timeless buy for budget shoppers and those who don't need the latest features. The original Samsung Galaxy Watch is an excellent value, especially since its price has gone down.
However, if you enjoy having the newest tech, you might want the Galaxy Watch 3. Keep in mind that when you decide whether you want the Samsung Galaxy Watch today, make sure to consider what features are essential to your purpose.
Steps on How to Clean Your Samsung Galaxy Watch Band
Do you own a Samsung Galaxy Watch and you're experiencing some discomfort or skin irritation when you wear it? If yes, that means that it's time you clean your wearable.
You see, some residue or foreign material probably built up on your smartwatch. This is aggravating your skin. Another possible cause of discomfort or skin irritation is you not wearing the watch correctly.
As such, you should make sure to clean and adjust your watch for a more comfortable fit.
Here's how you clean your wrist and watch band:
- You should clean your wrist and watch band after exercising or sweating. Clean your watch band with a soft, lint-free cloth. And make sure to dry it thoroughly.
- You should make sure that your Galaxy Watch is not exposed to dust, sweat, ink, oil, or any chemical products. These chemical products include cosmetics, sunscreen, antibacterial spray, hand cleaner, detergent, and insecticides.
- Is your Galaxy Watch stained or containing any foreign materials? You should wipe it with a moistened, soft bristle toothbrush.
- You should clean the rubber watch band with clean water and dry thoroughly.
- For a leather band, you should clean it with a soft, lint-free cloth.
If you experience extreme skin irritation while wearing the Samsung Galaxy Watch, you should stop wearing it. Wait two to three days for symptoms to ease. If symptoms persist or worsen, you might want to consider consulting a physician.
As previously mentioned, you should avoid using certain substances and products. Remember not to use soap, cleaning agents, abrasive materials, or compressed air to clean your watch. You see, skin irritation may be caused by soap, detergent, hand sanitizer, or cleaning agents left on your Galaxy Watch.
Also you should remember not to clean your Galaxy Watch using ultrasonic waves or external heat sources.
You should take note that moisture or the buildup of any substance on the back of your watch can cause several things. These include slow or no charging, inaccurate heart rate measurements, and skin irritation.
Things to Keep in Mind When Wearing the Samsung Galaxy Watch
Do you want to help your Samsung Galaxy Watch run its best and at the same time prevent skin irritation? What you need to do is to keep your smartwatch and watch band nice and dry.
If your Galaxy Watch and watch band get wet, you should dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. In addition, you should dry the charging surface on the back side of your smartwatch. That is before you attach it to a charger or wear it.
The following are some things you should keep in mind when wearing your Samsung Galaxy Watch:
- Make sure you do not expose your Galaxy Watch to water at high pressure.
- Make sure you do not expose the watch band to wet conditions. Since this can cause skin irritation. You should dry your watch strap before wearing it together with the device.
- Keep in mind that the touchscreen and other features may not work properly if your watch is used in water or in other liquids.
- Is your Galaxy Watch exposed to any liquid other than fresh water, like salt water? You should rinse it with fresh water immediately. You should then dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
- Make sure you do not expose your watch to ionized water.
- Keep in mind that your Galaxy Watch is not impervious to water damage in any situation.
- Did you fail to rinse your smartwatch in fresh water and dry it as instructed? Your Galaxy Watch may suffer from operability, cosmetic, and charging issues.
How to Clean Your Silicone Watch Band
To clean your silicone watch band, you will need warm water, dish soap, soap bristle brush, cotton cloth, and baking soda. Here's how you should clean your band:
- First, fill up a large cup or a small bowl with warm water and a few drops of dish water.
- Next, submerge both parts of your silicone band for five minutes. If they float to the surface, you have to weigh them down with a heavy object.
- Then, gently rub the watch band between your fingers if you notice discoloration. You can scrub stains with a soft bristle toothbrush while keeping the watch band submerged.
- After that, dry the watch band with a cotton cloth and allow it to sit. You should wait until it is completely dry before wearing the band.
Did you notice any spots that are not going away with the soft bristle brush? You should sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on the spot again with your toothbrush.
Make sure you avoid using abrasives to clean your silicone band. That's because abrasives can remove designs and personalization text. Hard bristle toothbrush, on the other hand, could cause colors to blur.
How to Wear Your Samsung Galaxy Watch Band
There's a proper way to put on your Samsung Galaxy Watch band. So your smartwatch will be nice and snug, and you will not experience any discomfort. Here's how:
- First, center your Galaxy Watch on top of your wrist. Slide the end of the band through the loop.
- Next, fit the strap to your wrist. Then, firmly insert the pin into the adjustment hole.
- You should make sure that the pin is fully inserted into the hole. You should not overtighten the band as well.
If your skin is hypersensitive, you should take the necessary precautions. You should also check the materials in the watch band if you have an allergy.
Make sure you do not bend your watch strap excessively. If you do that you can damage your watch band. You should also not brace your Galaxy Watch against your body or a table.
Leave a comment