Is your Apple Watch band too loose, leaving you constantly adjusting it throughout the day? Don't fret! In this comprehensive guide, we'll show you how to shorten your Apple Watch band to achieve the perfect fit that stays comfortably in place. No more distractions or worries about your watch slipping during important moments.
Whether you've purchased a new band or inherited one, that's too long, mastering the art of shortening your Apple Watch band is a game-changer. Join us as we walk you through step-by-step instructions and insider tips to ensure a seamless and customized fit for your wrist.
What Makes the Apple Watch Popular?
So, what makes the Apple Watch popular? The biggest reason why the said wearable is successful is the way that it changed how people perceived watches. Wrist watches are no longer solely meant as a timepiece or fashion accessory. They have become something that are used and depended upon throughout the day for various activities and tasks.
You can see that the Apple Watch became an extension of the iPhone. It became a device that doesn't only tell time but also manages the calendar, delivers reminders, provides directions, among others. It also enables you to interface with applications that you use daily with no need to pull your iPhone out of your pocket or bag.
The Apple Watch has also become a wellness and health device. The software and technology mix in this wearable makes it a suitable device to keep track of your activity. Since the Apple Watch is worn on your wrist, it literally has a connection to your body. That connection opened up all sorts of opportunities to help measure people's heart rate, activity, and take an ECG.
Some might argue that there are a lot of people that don't need a smartwatch. However, it can be noticed that through the years, smartwatches like the Apple Watch have become very useful.
The Apple Watch can do some things quite capably. The usefulness of the Apple Watch greatly varies depending on the features that you take advantage of. That's why, if you are planning on buying a smartwatch to pair with your iPhone, the best choice is the Apple Watch.
This wearable minimizes the amount of time you spend checking your phone and provides fast access to useful information. It also allows you to handle some activities that you otherwise need to pull out your phone to do.
How to Choose Your Apple Watch Band?
With an Apple Watch on hand, you are probably thinking of replacing its band. After all, if you want to change the look and feel of your Apple Watch, the only thing you need to do is to swap bands.
You see, the bands on the Apple Watch are interchangeable. This means that you can easily change and swap bands for different looks for various occasions.
Here are some of the things you need to know when choosing your Apple Watch band:
- Determine your wrist size. The ideal watch band should be the right fit. This means that it should not be too tight, not too loose, and with room for your skin to breathe. This will keep you comfortable and let the sensors do their jobs.
If you are wearing your Apple Watch while doing your workout, you may want to tighten the band. Just don't forget to loosen it when you're done. In general, the male wrist measures 15 to 19 cm, while the female measures 14 to 18 cm.
- Take your measurement. To determine the ideal length of your watch strap, you will have to take the measurement of the circumference of your wrist. To measure your wrist, you need a meter of seamstress. Although, if you don't have one, you can use a string or a tape and then put it on a ruler.
Wrap your wrist loosely. Once you get the measurement, round to half a centimeter above.
- Choose the size of the band. Keep in mind that the bands you purchase must be the same size of the watch. Bands for 38mm and 40mm cases are compatible with each other. Bands for 42mm and 44mm cases, on the other hand, are compatible with each other.
- Choose certain bands for certain models. You see, even if a band fits your Apple Watch, it may not match the finish. For example, the anodized-aluminum finish of the Apple Watch Sport may not look great with the link bracelet or Milanese loop.
Can You Shorten Your Apple Watch Band?
It's easy to swap bands on your Apple Watch. However, there are circumstances wherein you find yourself wanting to resize your band. Perhaps it's because you have small wrists and you want to use a link bracelet. If so, you can actually shorten your link bracelet!
The following are the steps to shorten your link bracelet:
- First, remove your Apple Watch.
- Next, find one of the six links on the twelve o'clock or six o'clock side of our Apple Watch that has a button on the bottom.
- Press the button and pull on the band to separate the link.
- Press the button on the next link in the series to remove the previous link entirely.
- After that, repeat the process. You should remove the links evenly from both sides, until you achieve the perfect fit.
If you own a stainless steel Apple Watch band, you need a removal tool first. Once you have it, you just need to follow these steps:
- Put the stainless steel band in the right direction. You should turn your Apple Watch band over and look for the printed arrows. This indicates which direction you will need to push the pins out.
- Adjust the band to match the link removal tool. You should place the watch band into the link removal tool. Make sure to align the arrows on the band of the band with the pins on the tool.
- Twist the handle to remove the links. Gently twist the handle on the tool until the link pin pops out. Repeat this until you have removed enough links to ensure a good fit to your wrist.
- Reinsert the pins and push to the band. Reinsert the pins and push it back until flush with the edge of the band with caution. You will have to use the tool to help push it back in if it is too hard to push in by hand.
WHAT IS THE BEST APPLE WATCH BAND YOU CAN BUY TODAY?
The following are some of the best Apple Watch bands you can purchase today:
1. NYLON SPORT LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Lightweight and breathable, with more than 500 threads of 100% durable nylon intertwined together, this carefully woven Nylon Sport Loop for your Apple Watch is impervious to both tears and abrasions. Perfect for anyone on the go, whether that be on your morning run or a 12-hour shift on the E.R. floor.
2. DUAL COLOR SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build-up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
3. LEATHER LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Manufactured with the finest leather materials and finished with explicit attention to detail, this is the ideal leather loop replacement for your Apple Watch. Its unique design comes with a strong and effective magnetic clasp that is quick and easy to fasten in place and convenient to adjust accordingly.
4. MILANESE STAINLESS STEEL BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Easily secure your size. This band is supplied with a unique, strong magnetic closing mechanism that makes it infinitely adjustable, ensuring a perfect fit.
5. MILITARY NYLON BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Soft airy and impressive – this military styled nylon band is a must-have companion for your Apple Watch. Uses a premium grade nylon that is soft, flexible, waterproof and extremely durable. It comes with top-notch connectors and stainless steel metal parts which seamlessly attach with your Apple Watch while providing you with a classic military watch style.
6. STAINLESS STEEL LINK BRACELET W/ BUTTERFLY LOCK FOR APPLE WATCH - Introducing an elevated, yet understated upgrade for your Apple Watch, this sleek and artistic band is crafted from scratch-resistant stainless steel alloy. Manufactured using a precise machining process, this exquisite essential takes approximately nine hours to cut the links, and each adjustable band is finished off with a butterfly clasp closure for a precise fit.