Have experienced getting a message that says: "Charging with this accessory is not supported by Apple Watch?" Don't worry, this is not a “you” problem.
There are actually several reasons why you see this alert on your Apple Watch. It can be because your accessory is defective, damaged, or not Apple-certified. It can also be due to the accessory not being supported by your device. Or your iOS device has a dirty or damaged connector. If you want to solve this issue, you just need to follow Apple's instructions.
According to Apple, when charging your Apple Watch, you need to check that all plastic wrap has been removed. Make sure you remove the plastic wraps from both ends and both sides of the charging cable. You should also check closely on the head of the charger. You should also make sure that the back of your smartwatch and the head of the charging cable are clean and dry. You can clean them with a non abrasive, lint-free cloth.
Check if the charging head is properly aligned with the back of the Apple Watch. The concave or curved side should be touching it fully. You will find that some watch docks, stands, cases or protectors might hinder this. So if you are using any of these accessories, you should try charging the watch by connecting it directly to the charging cable, without using them.
If possible, you should test by using another genuine Apple Magnetic Charging Cable. This is so you can check if your Apple Watch is not the one at fault here. How about when you are charging your Apple watch by plugging the cable into mains power? You should check the following:
- Check the USB connector on the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable. Make sure that the connector is pushed fully into the USB Power Adapter.
- Check the USB Power Adapter. It should be pushed fully into the power outlet.
- You can try using different adapters, such as:
- The Apple USB Power Adapter, which was supplied together with the Apple Watch.
- The Apple 5W (iPhone) or 12W (iPad) USB Power Adapter.
- The Apple-certified (MFi) third-party 5W USB power adapter.
- You should try using a different power outlet. Make sure that it is known to be working properly.
If there are no other suitable power adapters available, you can try charging by plugging the cable into a USB port on a computer. Make sure that you use a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port. The computer should remain turned on and awake, and the cable should be plugged directly into the computer. If the above mentioned ways doesn't work, you can try to restart your Apple Watch or unpair and re-pair your smartwatch.
To Force Restart, you just need to press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown of the Apple Watch. Do this for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.
If all else fails or if you think that the issue is due to a particular component (adapter, cable or watch), you should contact Apple Support. You can also choose to make a Genius Bar reservation with a view to having your product/s checked. If you think it's necessary, you can be serviced under warranty.
What are the Best Apple Watch Chargers?
Is your Apple Watch charger damaged? Thinking of purchasing a new charger for your wearable? You might want to consider looking into the following Apple Watch chargers:
- Apple Magnetic Charging Cable. You could say that nothing can beat the Apple charger when it comes to charging the Apple Watch. Yes, this magnetic charging cable is more expensive than most of the charging cables you will see in the market. But you can be assured that what you get is a great value for your money.
The Apple Magnetic Charging Cable offers more reliability and safe charging. It has the perfect MagSafe technology with inductive charging. This makes charging hassle-free.
Moreover, since the Apple Watch charger is completely sealed, it doesn't get tangled. Because of its strong magnetic field, the charger can hold your Apple Watch while it is charging.
- OPSO. When you look into the OPSO, you will find that it is durable. The OPSO offers a safe charging solution for you. It actually incorporates MagSafe technology with inductive charging.
The OPSP comes with Apple MFi certification. This means that it is compatible with charging the Apple Watch. This charging cable is 3.3 feet in length. The OPSO is tangle-free and supports all Apple Watch models.
- IQIYI. You will find that the IQYI is a reliable magnetic charging cable for Apple Watch. The MagSafe charging technology and inductive charging is integrated in this charging cable. This helps power up the Apple Watch fast and securely. It also comes with a strong magnet that holds the Apple Watch firmly.
The IQIYI has three variants. One of variants is one foot in length, and the other is 3.3 feet in length. The third variant is 6.6 feet in length.
- CyberTech. The CyberTech has all the qualities you will find in a superior charger. It comes with a neat design and the ability to provide efficient charging. It also has an MFi certification as well.
In addition to that, you can adjust the CyberTech so you can have the optimum viewing angle. This charger also supports nightstand mode. This means you can transform your Apple Watch into a bedside time-telling device.
- Juhall. This smartwatch charger comes with a strong magnet and durable cord. When you are using this charger, you will find that it has a similar charging rate as the Apple original charger. With this charger, you can easily dock your device on it. You can also adjust the angle without deviating from the charger center.
Moreover, Juhall is lightweight and compact. It is also 3.3 feet in length. This means you can bring it with you on your business trips, holidays, and other kinds of travels.
Got any smartwatch-related problems you need to solve? Or perhaps you want to know more about safety in charging your Apple Watch. You should join the spartan army. Simply sign up and subscribe to our newsletter. You can stay updated on new product announcements and exclusive deals as well as special discounts and free giveaways.