Surfing is enjoyed as a recreational activity, and at the same time, it is also a competitive sport. It is often considered an attitude or a way of life.
The thing about surfing is that once you are on the board, you are on your own. But what if you can still stay digitally connected while riding the waves?
Surfing with Apple Watch is possible. You might be skeptical about this and worried that using Apple Watch will lead it to go defective when it gets wet. Worry not, as Apple Watches can be used for water activities such as swimming and surfing.
This means you can answer calls and texts and track your surfing status. You can even call for help in an emergency in the waters using the Apple Watch.
CAN I WEAR APPLE WATCH WHILE SURFING?
The Apple Watch has become a popular accessory for many people. But is it safe to wear the watch while surfing?
The answer is yes. You can continue wearing your Apple Watch while surfing, and it will not affect the performance of your watch. The watch is water resistant up to 50 meters and will not be damaged at all.
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN USING APPLE WATCH WHILE SURFING
Here are some tips you can follow when surfing with our Apple Watch. These can help keep your smartwatch in tip-top condition while you surf.
- Choose the right band. It is a common fact that Apple Watches come in various bands. The thing is, not all of the bands are water-resistant.
The following are the bands that are quickly soaked wet during surfing. This means you should avoid using them.
So, what bands can you use while surfing?
Apart from selecting the right kind of band to use, you should also make sure it fits and check the snugness of your chosen band. Your Apple Watch band should comfortably fit around your wrist.
- Wear your Apple Watch under your wetsuit. Many surfers worry about surfing with an Apple Watch without a waterproof cover. You can wear the watch out in the open waves without any waterproof cover.
That's because Apple Watch's water-resistance level is meant to withstand water splashes. This means your smartwatch will be refined even without a protective case around it.
To protect your Apple Watch from harsh water waves, you can wear it under your wetsuit.
- Use protective waterproof cases for your Apple Watch. It pays to be cautious, as many people would say. You can use a protective waterproof case if you are not convinced about wearing your Apple Watch under your wetsuit.
Take note; you should look for cases with ratings of IP67 and IP68. These cases are the most water-repellant models. They also have additional features that protect the functionality of your Apple Watch. These features include direct touch-screen access and audio technology. This allows sound to pass through from the speaker outside the case.
- Eject water as soon as possible. Did you know that your Apple Watch automatically turns on the Water Lock whenever it senses that you're swimming or surfing? Water Lock prevents unnecessary and accidental taps on your watch's screen.
After you finish surfing, you should start cleaning your Apple Watch. You can do that by turning off the Water Lock first. Then, remove the excess water that accumulated on the speaker. You can do that by simply turning the Digital Crown.
You can also manually eject water from your Apple Watch. Just follow these steps:
- First, open the Control Center. You can do that by swiping up from the bottom of your Apple Watch.
- Tap Water Lock.
- Turn the Digital Crown.
After that, your screen will unlock, and water will be removed from the speaker.
- Download surf tracker apps. You can turn your Apple Watch into a surf watch by installing surf tracker apps. These apps provide Apple Watch with some customizations that fit surfing activities. This way, you can use your Apple Watch to track everything about your surf sessions.
- Clean your Apple Watch. Being able to use your Apple Watch while surfing doesn't mean you'll skip the cleanup. You should still clean your smartwatch properly.
Remember to rinse your Apple Watch in lightly-running warm tap water. Take note; you can do this for 10 to 15 seconds only. After that, wipe it dry with a non-abrasive and lint-free cloth.
CAN I WEAR AN APPLE WATCH IN THE OCEAN?
The Apple Watch is an excellent device for keeping track of your fitness goals and updating you with notifications. But what about when you are in the ocean?
The Apple Watch can be used to track your heart rate and other vital signs when you are swimming or surfing. It also works as a fitness tracker to monitor your physical activity levels while staying on top of your health. The watch also has a built-in GPS that allows it to work without an iPhone nearby, so you can use it for navigation while on a run or bike ride. The watch is waterproof up to 50 meters so that it can be used during most water sports like swimming, surfing, snorkeling, and kayaking. Apple Watches have a water-resistant coating that protects them from accidental exposure to liquids, including rain and water splashes. It also has a seal on the back where the charging port is located.
BEST APPLE WATCH BAND FOR WATER SPORTS
The Apple Watch is an excellent product for people who love water sports. It is waterproof and can track your swims, surfing, and other water-related activities.
The Apple Watch is an excellent product for people who love water sports. It is waterproof and can track your swims, surfing, and other water-related activities. The watch has a fitness tracker that will track your heart rate while you are in the pool or ocean.
These are some Best Apple Watch Band for water sports:
DUAL COLOR SPORT BAND FOR APPLE WATCH - Made of soft silicone material with breathable ventilation channels, it handles any activity by reducing moisture build-up while staying comfortable and secure around your wrist.
NYLON SPORT LOOP FOR APPLE WATCH - Lightweight and breathable, with more than 500 threads of 100% durable nylon intertwined, this carefully woven Nylon Sport Loop for your Apple Watch is impervious to both tears and abrasions. Perfect for anyone on the go, whether that be on your morning run or a 12-hour shift on the E.R. floor.
WHAT IS THE BEST APPLE WATCH BAND FOR SURFERS?
Here are some of the best Apple Watch bands you can use while surfing.
Apple Watch Sport Band. This band is your best companion for surfing. It is made from custom high-performance fluoroelastomers. This means that the band is durable and strong and, at the same time, surprisingly soft.
This band is comfortable to use. You don't have to worry that it'll come off while surfing, as this band has an innovative pin-and-tuck closure that ensures a clean fit.
- Carterjett e Apple Watch Bands. Tagged as the best choice for athletes with digitized touch. The Carterjett e Apple Watch Band is excellent, lightweight, and adjustable. This strap allows proper air circulation and has a silicone material. It is also water-resistant.
- Apple Watch Sport Loop. As previously mentioned, nylon bands are among the bands that you can use while surfing. The Apple Watch Sport Loop has a double-layer nylon design that features extra cushion and comfort. This design makes this band ideal for many activities and all-day wear.
The Sport Loop is soft, breathable, and lightweight. It also features a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment.
- Nike Sport Band. This band features durable synthetic rubber with a pinhole design for ultimate breathability.
The Nike Sport Band is made from a custom high-performance fluoroelastomer like the typical sport band. It comes with compression-molded perforations for breathability.
- Yigko Apple Watch Band. The Yigko Apple Watch band is made from a high-quality material that goes perfectly with your skin. This band is made of silicon, making it an ideal band to use while surfing.
You don't have to worry about the metal plugs on this band, as it consists of stainless steel. The band is water-resistant and can easily be cleaned. This means it won't easily rust.
If you found any of this helpful, please share this post to spread the value to other Apple Watch users. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about your Apple Watch and receive exclusive deals when our store is having a sale.