Are you the type of person who travels a lot? Someone who doesn't falter in front of a seemingly never-ending desert or deep forests. A person who isn't afraid to get wet and face whatever Mother Nature throws at you.
If so, you probably need something that will stick with you through thick or thin, regardless of where you are. Something that's functional and will benefit you wherever you go.
What you need is an Apple Watch, which is a great wearable you can use both indoors and outdoors.
What Makes the Apple Watch the Most Wearable in all Terrain?
The Apple Watch is operated by a touch screen, digital crown and one key. The Retina Display of this wearable is excellently readable under all conditions. What's more, the Apple Watch is waterproof up to 50 meters, making it suitable for swimming or when you cross rivers while you travel.
While the battery life of an Apple Watch is one of the device's shortcomings, you can use the wearable for 10 to 11 hours using various energy saving options.
The following are some of the benefits of your Apple Watch for those who travel a lot in various terrains.
- Water resistance and/or waterproof. It is inevitable that your Apple Watch will be subjected to rain, sweat and water from every side. Especially if you are out in the elements.
Your Apple Watch can survive any downpour or an accidental drop into a puddle. And due to the device being waterproof to a certain degree, you will have no worry when you are crossing a river.
- GPS. Your Apple Watch has a built-in GPS that allows you to get more accurate and speed information while you are outdoors. You can also download mapping apps in your Apple Watch if you are looking to just follow specific trails or you want to check your current location right on your wrist.
- ECG reading. There are Apple Watches that possess the ability to take an electrocardiogram (ECG). This is an important feature as it can help detect if you've got atrial fibrillation.
- Measure your blood oxygen. If you own an Apple Watch Series 6, you probably already noticed its SpO2 sensor. This can check your blood oxygen levels. You just need to open the Blood Oxygen app on your Apple Watch and follow the instructions to take a spot check. Your wearable will also take automatic readings, which you can see recorded in Apple Health.
- Heart rate notifications. Your Apple Watch can detect if your heart rate is lower or higher than it should be. You can do that by enabling the heart rate section of the companion app.
When you turn it on, you will be asked to choose a threshold. Then, your Apple Watch will only alert you when you go past the threshold and appear to have been inactive for about 10 minutes.
Additionally, your Apple Watch will look for signs that your elevated/falling heart rate is a longer-term problem.
- Breathe app. The Apple Watch Breathe app allows you to follow the on-screen instructions and focus on your breathing for a select amount of minutes. It's a handy wellness feature from Apple.
Furthermore, you can edit details such as how many breaths per minute you want to take. You can also adjust how many notifications you receive and how prominent the haptic feedback is through the Watch app on your iPhone.
What are the Best Apple Watch Bands for All Terrain Types?
With all the features you can benefit from the device, your Apple Watch is the best wearable you can use if you are out traveling.
One thing that makes the Apple Watch such a smart investment is the way you can almost seamlessly change the band for any kind of situation. Moreover, you can choose an easily washable band for outdoor activities.
The following are some of the bands you can use for all terrain. This means you can use it in dry conditions as well as wet conditions.
- Apple Sport Band. This band is made from custom high-performance fluoroelastomers. The Sport Band is durable and strong, and at the same time surprisingly soft. This band's smooth, dense material drapes elegantly across your wrist and feels comfortable next to your skin. It also has an innovative pin-and-tuck closure which ensures a clean fit.
- Apple Solo Loop. The Solo Loop is made from liquid silicone rubber. It features a unique, stretchable design with no clasps, buckles, or overlapping parts. This makes the band ultra comfortable to wear and easy to slip on and off your wrist.
Each band is specially treated with UV to give the band a silky, smooth finish. The Solo Loop is swim-proof and sweatproof. As such, you can go just about anywhere you want to wear it.
- Apple Sport Loop. This watch band is soft, breathable and lightweight. The Sport Loop features a hook-and-loop fastener for quick and easy adjustment.
The double-layer nylon weave of this band has dense loops on the skin side that provide soft cushioning. It also allows moisture to escape. On the reverse side of the band, the attachment loops are securely anchored for superior durability.
- Apple Braided Solo Loop. The Braided Solo Loop is made from a stretchable soft silicone material that's threaded to feel soft. What's more, it looks slightly more formal than other bands while being sweat and water resistant at the same time.
The band is created by weaving 16,000 recycled polyester yarn filaments around ultrathin silicone threads. An advanced, precision-braiding machinery was used, then laser cutting the band to an exact length for a custom fit.
- Apple Nike Sport Band. This band is simple, stylish and won't suffocate you skin. While it has the toughness and design simplicity of the normal Sport Band, it also has those compression-molded perforations. These are called holes.
The holes provide long-term comfort as they enable your skin to breathe under the strap. The Nike Sport Band has an innovative pin-and-tuck closure which ensures a clean fit.