Is Galaxy Watch 3 Band Waterproof?
Do you want the best smartwatch experiences on the market? The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 will give you that and more. This device has a dazzling design and top-end spec that allows it to run as smoothly as any other wearable on the market.
With the Galaxy Watch 3, you will notice that Samsung has stuck with a traditional-looking circular display shape. It has a rotatable raised bezel that allows you to physically cycle through on-screen menus. It's tactile and the telltale click as you navigate the round interface feels satisfying.
- Design and display. More refined than the original Galaxy Watch. The design of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is engineered to make the wearable look slimmer, lighter and more comfortable to wear. There are two models for this device: the 41mm as the smaller option and the 45mm model for those who prefer a larger watch on their wrist.
With the two models, you will be getting either a 1.2-inch (41mm) or 1.3-inch (45mm) Circular Super AMOLED panel. It has a full-color always-on display. The display has a resolution of 360 x 360, which is perfect for looking at stats and swiping through the menus.
The Galaxy Watch 3 is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass DX. The display is bright and easy to read in all types of light. This means you wouldn't struggle to see the screen even when you're exercising outdoors.
- Performance and software. The Galaxy Watch 3 is running on the same chipset that powered the original Galaxy Watch from Samsung. The apps loaded as quickly as you'd expect them to. That's partly due to the 1GB of RAM included in the device, which seemed to be enough.
This wearable is also running Samsung's Tizen software. You will be using a lot of the features already included on the smartwatch. Or you can download some third-party services from the Tizen store. While there are some big-name apps such as Google Maps missing, Samsung has included a lot of alternatives. This makes the overall experience still satisfying.
Additionally, navigating around the watch is easy. You can tap and swipe on the screen with your finger or use the rotating bezel to scroll through the menus.
- Compatibility. The Galaxy Watch 3 actually works with both Android devices and iPhones. Yes, certain features are optimized for Samsung handsets and some elements work better on Android devices than on iPhones. However, generally, this smartwatch works as well with iPhones.
But do expect that the watch won't integrate as well as an Apple Watch. You will also miss out on being able to reply to iMessages.
- Fitness. Fitness is a key component of the Galaxy Watch 3. While this isn't a sequel to the Galaxy Watch Active 2, it can still bring a lot of fitness-focused features. Seven activities will auto-trigger Galaxy Watch 3 fitness tracking. These activities are: running, walking, swimming, cycling, rowing, elliptical, workouts, and dynamic workouts.
Samsung equipped the Galaxy Watch 3 with stress tracking, taking into account peak heart rates. It also suggests breathing exercises. This wearable also has fall detection and on-demand VO2 Max readings. The VO2 Max readings calculate the maximum amount of oxygen your body can take in during exercise.
Are There Waterproof Bands for Galaxy Watch 3?
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has a 5ATM and an IP68 ingress rating. This means that this smartwatch will survive a splash or track a swim in the pool and keep on ticking.
You see, the water-resistance of this device is up to 50 meters. However, you cannot wear it for scuba diving. You should avoid excessive, sudden temperature changes and high-velocity activities.
Since it has relatively substantial water protection levels, the Galaxy Watch 3 has automatic swim detection. Keep in mind that should your watch get in the ocean or sea water or chlorinated pool, make sure to clean it off with fresh water.
With the device's water resistance established, how about the bands you can use together with it?
There are actually waterproof bands available in the market for your Galaxy Watch 3. Here are some of them:
- Wonlex Silicone Watch Band. The waterproof silicone bands from Wonlex will provide your wrist with maximum breathability. This is due to the multi-hole design of the band. As such, no matter what type of sports you're playing, the Wonlex Silicone Watch Band will keep your wrist dry and comfortable.
- Ritche Silicone Watch Band. Apart from the waterproof feature, durability is also an important factor when choosing the best band for your Galaxy Watch 3. Fortunately, you can have both in the Ritche Silicone Watch Band.
This band is made of flexible waterproof material that's lightweight and dries easily. Moreover, you won't have to worry about your wrist feeling irritated during a workout. This band comes with a variety of colors you can choose from.
- JIELIELE Smart Watch Sports Band. This band is unique, skin-friendly and made of soft silicone. It is flexible and waterproof, so you can count on them to hold up over time.
- XFYELE Soft Silicone Rubber Band. This is perfect if you're looking for a band with an ultra-porous design that's breathable, comfortable, and waterproof. This band will always feel smooth and light on your wrist, making it the ideal strap for active individuals.
- Archer Watch Straps Premium Nylon Band. Looking for the perfect band for adventures? The Archer Watch Straps Premium Nylon Band is the right one for you. This band has two layers of 1.2mm thick nylon for superior strength. Once you've broken it in, the band will take on the shape of the curve of your wrist, making it comfortable to use. Additionally, it is waterproof and washable.
- Olytop Nylon Sport Wristband. This two-pack from olytop consists of bands that are made of woven nylon with leather. It has waterproof material that's extremely tough and built to last.
- GadgetWraps Silicone Watch Band. This band has a two-loop design, which ensures that it will remain secure throughout the day. The high-quality silicone of this band is waterproof and ready to withstand just about any activity you have in mind.